Jets Sign Chris Hogan: Bitonti OWNED

T0mShane

33 minutes ago, rangerous said:

not that i like to say this but few receivers could fill in for edleman under any circumstances.  to me hogan is going have a role like thomas did last season.  he wasn't bad with the patsies and is athletic.

He wasn’t good either.  If Brady needs you full time and he can’t make you look good it’s a bad sign.  There’s a reason Hogan was unemployed until yesterday 

our WRs really suck

18 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I’ve been very clear that he’s not tying to win THIS year. 
and we shouldn’t expect any big signings or trades. Just not gonna happen. 
I do believe he’s attempting to build a winner, obviously  but this is a throw away year   

This is a season in which making an expensive commitment is foolish as Covid could cancel it in a fingersnap with no bubble, such close contact, and big rosters full of horny party types.  

Making smart, affordable pickups of guys familiar with our playbook and the accompanying short learning curve is the right move.  It’s not that JD doesn’t want to win now.  It’s that he’s got to hedge Covid.  This isn’t a typical offseason.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I don’t think Thomas wants to play for the jets.  Douglas would have signed him by now

Antonio Brown please

Either DT is shot (the Jets would know) or he’s an older vet who has made his money and doesn’t want to risk Covid (he’s made $70M in nine years). 

AB for the last 8 games is intriguing because of Le’Veon, I’ve always felt he might be a calming influence. 

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

This is a season in which making an expensive commitment is foolish as Covid could cancel it in a fingersnap with no bubble, such close contact, and big rosters full of horny party types.  

Making smart, affordable pickups of guys familiar with our playbook and the accompanying short learning curve is the right move.  It’s not that JD doesn’t want to win now.  It’s that he’s got to hedge Covid.  This isn’t a typical offseason.  

SAR I

Is Hogan familiar with our playbook?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Getting one sent to him from a family friend who runs the Pats' media department.  Seems the guy accidentally screen-grabbed it during their last game at MetLife.

I was going to say.  He has been in the AFC East forever.  Maybe he knows it from pretending to be DaVante Parker on the Pats scout team twice a season.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Either DT is shot (the Jets would know) or he’s an older vet who has made his money and doesn’t want to risk Covid (he’s made $70M in nine years). 

AB for the last 8 games is intriguing because of Le’Veon, I’ve always felt he might be a calming influence. 

SAR I

Thomas doesn’t want to play here.  He didn’t last year and was public about his displeasure in being traded here by Belichick

AB knows this is his last shot to be in the nfl

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Thomas doesn’t want to play here.  He didn’t last year and was public about his displeasure in being traded here by Belichick

Yeah but is AB really the type of player we (JD) want poisoning the locker room at this juncture? 

He's burned a few bridges acting like a jar of pickled taint. I'm voting pass on the crazy diva fruitcake.

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I think the COVID situation is a legitimate one, but I don’t believe that’s JD’s reasoning. 
Additionally I get it. I know what he’s not trying to win.  And you seem to be acknowledging that. Which means we’re on the same page. 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Thomas was named as a team captain last year and the coaches lauded his leadership with the younger players, so he must have come around to being a Jet.

Having said that, I read that he is keen to return to Denver to finish out his career.

AB would be a disaster, just like he was for the Cheats and Raiders.

5 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Yeah but is AB really the type of player we (JD) want poisoning the locker room at this juncture? 

He's burned a few bridges acting like a jar of pickled taint. I'm voting pass on the crazy diva fruitcake.

We’ve been “building a culture” the past 6 years and have zero playoff appearances to show for it

5 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Thomas was named as a team captain last year and the coaches lauded his leadership with the younger players, so he must have come around to being a Jet.

Having said that, I read that he is keen to return to Denver to finish out his career.

AB would be a disaster, just like he was for the Cheats and Raiders.

Our wr core is a disaster and will setup Sam for failure

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The virus with 10 playoff appearances in 11 years?

Playoffs on teams that were built solid enough to get there and stay there, built correctly.  If AB came here I don't see him being a piece that we need to be built correctly.

Don't get me wrong, adding a good WR would be a plus. Just not AB in my opinion, the negative ramifications wouldn't be worth it. JD isn't saddling himself with another headcase that will disrupt what he's trying to build here.

On 8/16/2020 at 9:19 PM, Philc1 said:

He’s a mediocre receiver.  He couldn’t fill in for Julian Edelman when he tore his ACL a couple years ago and washed out with the patriots 

if Tom Brady can’t make you look good you probably suck

The year he was the 3rd option behind Cooks and Gronk?  Both having great seasons?  

And really, your complaining with a straight face that he wasn't Edelman?  Like Edelman is a scrub? 

18 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Where do you come up with this nonsense?

Actually fact is he was pissed at Belichick for signing him, talking to him about his role and then turning around and dumping him.  He has talked this offseason about wanting to come back here.  

Why do you come here, to make negative shlt up about "your team"?  You have no idea what your talking about.  

3 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Playoffs on teams that were built solid enough to get there and stay there, built correctly.  If AB came here I don't see him being a piece that we need to be built correctly.

Don't get me wrong, adding a good WR would be a plus. Just not AB in my opinion, the negative ramifications wouldn't be worth it. JD isn't saddling himself with another headcase that will disrupt what he's trying to build here.

Brown was the best and most valuable player on those steeler teams.  Take it easy slick