AB

Philc1

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

So?  You get a top 5 WR for the last 8 games when we could be making a playoff run

The NFL said he could face further suspension pending on his opened cases, 8 games is the best case scenario.

Don't even want to think of the stuff he'd pull if he was signed and then suspended further.

• Upvote 3

Just now, BROOKLYN JET said:

The NFL said he could face further suspension pending on his opened cases, 8 games is the best case scenario.

Don't even want to think of the stuff he'd pull if he was signed and then suspended further.

His suspension is 8 games but hey let’s just make stuff up

12 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Sign him.  Our receivers suck

I like the idea of adding AB, but I do not agree with saying the Jets receivers suck. We lose Robby Anderson and replace him with Breshad Perriman which is not a downgrade at all. You can't knee-jerk and say Denzel Mims sucks already with your "our receivers suck" blanket statement. Jamison Crowder is the best slot in the division. Chris Hogan is perfect depth signing, and he brings a championship pedigree. Don't forget the tight ends unit is getting a huge boost getting Chris Herndon back, and Bell as well as Perrine are a threat in the passing game. Getting AB after first 8 games would be a big boost for the offense. It would put the rest of the East in the Jets wake. If anyone can get AB's head right its Le'Veon Bell. The best thing for Antonio Brown is having the structure of being part of a team. The football field is his medicine.

• Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I like the idea of adding AB, but I do not agree with saying the Jets receivers suck. We lose Robby Anderson and replace him with Breshad Perriman which is not a downgrade at all. You can't knee-jerk and say Denzel Mims sucks already with your "our receivers suck" blanket statement. Jamison Crowder is the best slot in the division. Chris Hogan is perfect depth signing, and he brings a championship pedigree. Don't forget the tight ends unit is getting a huge boost getting Chris Herndon back, and Bell as well as Perrine are a threat in the passing game. Getting AB after first 8 games would be a big boost for the offense. It put the rest of the East in the Jets wake. If anyone can get AB's head right its Le'Veon Bell. The best thing for Antonio Brown is having the structure being part of team. The football field is his medicine.

Robby has had twice as many catches and twice as many tds in the same time fram

robby stats-20 tds total 11 tds total

42 catches

50 catches

63 catches

42 catches

perriman stats 11 tds

33 catches

10 catches

16 catches

36 catches

1 minute ago, kmnj said:

Robby has had twice as many catches and twice as many tds in the same time fram

robby stats-20 tds total 11 tds total

42 catches

50 catches

63 catches

42 catches

perriman stats 11 tds

33 catches

10 catches

16 catches

36 catches

Perriman stepped up last season for the Bucs after a rash of injuries at wide receiver. His game has obviously grown. He's a better deep threat than Robby, which was his main responsibility for the Jets. I'd be willing to bet Perriman has more receiving yards with Jets this season than Anderson in Carolina.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I'm fine with riding it out this season and signing JuJu in free agency.

I'd rather bring Demaryius Thomas back than sign any of these cancers.

No reason to give top draft capital in a year they might not even finish the season.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

@kmnj

Robby was targeted 96 times last season. Perriman was targeted 69 times in Tampa. Robby was targeted 27 more times than Perriman in 2019, yet he only had 134 more yards receiving than Perriman with 2 less touchdowns. Robby is like someone in the NBA who gets you 30 points but on 35 shots.

Good analogy.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Stop assuming AB will be a top 5 WR when he returns.  Please.  He hasn't caught a pass since Week 1 of last year.  Think he's been staying in peak condition while he's been busy harassing women, getting sued, burglarizing a truck driver and throwing gummy penises around?

He's 32 years old.  That's ancient for a WR.  If he was still capable of being a top 5 guy, some team would have taken on the risk and he'd have been signed by now.  He's not.  

2018 he had 1,297 yards and 15 touchdowns

The one game he played last year he had 8 catches for 56 yds and a td playing in a completely new offense 

so yeah keep acting like he’s as old as Don Maynard

8 hours ago, Philc1 said:

2018 he had 1,297 yards and 15 touchdowns

The one game he played last year he had 8 catches for 56 yds and a td playing in a completely new offense 

so yeah keep acting like he’s as old as Don Maynard

You are conveniently ignoring the fact that he’s been released twice in the last year, shortly after getting traded by the team that drafted him. So, three teams have moved on from him since his all-world 2018 season. I wonder why all these teams are getting rid of a top tier WR?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You are conveniently ignoring the fact that he’s been released twice in the last year, shortly after getting traded by the team that drafted him. So, three teams have moved on from him since his all-world 2018 season. I wonder why all these teams are getting rid of a top tier WR?

Beggars can’t be choosers skippy

• WTF? 1

Having unproven WRs is not a reason to gift your 23 year old QB with a deranged malcontent who can’t even play the first 8 games of the season. 

* 8 games at minimum

I feel confident saying Antonio Brown won’t play a down this season. Either his suspension gets extended, he gets into further trouble, no team signs him, or some combination of those options will prevent that from happening.
  • Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Oh yeah definitely similar crimes.  When are you guys going to start comparing Antonio Brown to Hitler?

What's that law, that states the longer an argument goes, the more likely someone will bring up Hitler?  You managed that feat within the first page, I'm impressed. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I like the idea of adding AB, but I do not agree with saying the Jets receivers suck. We lose Robby Anderson and replace him with Breshad Perriman which is not a downgrade at all. You can't knee-jerk and say Denzel Mims sucks already with your "our receivers suck" blanket statement. Jamison Crowder is the best slot in the division. Chris Hogan is perfect depth signing, and he brings a championship pedigree. Don't forget the tight ends unit is getting a huge boost getting Chris Herndon back, and Bell as well as Perrine are a threat in the passing game. Getting AB after first 8 games would be a big boost for the offense. It would put the rest of the East in the Jets wake. If anyone can get AB's head right its Le'Veon Bell. The best thing for Antonio Brown is having the structure of being part of a team. The football field is his medicine.

Your rose colored glasses are so tinted even welders would find it overkill.

1.  One replacement not being a downgrade and not knowing how good/bad a rookie will be does not mean the corps is not still bad overall.  Not getting worse is not the same as being good.

2.  Crowder is only the best slot in the division in a fantasy points sense, by virtue of the weaker WR corps around him leading to him getting more targets.

3.  Hogan is perfect depth?  Depth for what, a kiddy pool?  Don't you have to have solid starters ahead of him before you start talking about great depth?  Feel free to tell me how many other teams in the league would be happy to have any Jets WRs on their team as a WR 1 or 2.

4.  Hogan has championship pedigree in the sense the janitor at Harvard has a background in education.  Having had the good fortune to have been on a good team in the past doesn't do much for a rebuilding team.  He was signed as the least of however many evils.

5.  For the Jets to have a wake to leave teams in if AB is signed, they'd have to actually still be in the lead after the first 8 games by some miracle.  How do you see the first 8 games shaking out?

6.  I don't trust Bell with his own head, how the hell do you expect him to fix a nutcase like Brown?

7.  The structure of a team and the field being his medicine...he's been on several teams and seen lots of fields and it doesn't seem to be working so far.  Do you dare say the Jets have a superior enough team structure to fix him where every other team failed?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

He's (Antonio Brown) been on several teams and seen lots of fields and it doesn't seem to be working so far. 

Antonio Brown (2010-2018)

4x All Pro

7x Pro Bowler

74 TD receptions

11,207 yards receiving 

5 special teams touchdowns in punt/kickoff returns.

One team his entire career but for one season. He obviously cost himself a lot of money in 2019, but to say it's not working out is absolutely ludicrous. 

CAN'T WAIT for your hot take on the Bills vs Jets this year. 😆  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Antonio Brown (2010-2018)

4x All Pro

7x Pro Bowler

74 TD receptions

11,207 yards receiving 

5 special teams touchdowns in punt/kickoff returns.

One team his entire career but for one season. He obviously cost himself a lot of money in 2019, but to say it's not working out is absolutely ludicrous. 

CAN'T WAIT for your hot take on the Bills vs Jets this year. 😆  

The same people acting like Antonio Brown is worse than Hitler will be crying like b tches when Stefan Diggs, Devante Parker and Preston Williams are burning us all year while Sam tries to answer back with Chris Hogan 

• Upvote 1