Jump to content

AB


Philc1
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 8/17/2020 at 11:16 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Stop assuming AB will be a top 5 WR when he returns.  Please.  He hasn't caught a pass since Week 1 of last year.  Think he's been staying in peak condition while he's been busy harassing women, getting sued, burglarizing a truck driver and throwing gummy penises around?

He's 32 years old.  That's ancient for a WR.  If he was still capable of being a top 5 guy, some team would have taken on the risk and he'd have been signed by now.  He's not.  

See Ocho cinco

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/17/2020 at 9:03 AM, Philc1 said:

His suspension is 8 games but hey let’s just make stuff up

No its a minimum of 8 games.

Theres still a couple of open items like the sexual harassment case hanging over his head.  The outcome isnt known

Hey, hey, made up stuff when factual can be fun

Quote

He could return after Week 8 if signed, but his suspension could be extended if further violations are found related to an ongoing civil suit in Florida, Pelissero added. The league is also looking into civil claims of sexual assault and rape against the 32-year-old receiver.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No its a minimum of 8 games.

Theres still a couple of open items like the sexual harassment case hanging over his head.  The outcome isnt known

Hey, hey, made up stuff when factual can be fun

 

“Civil claims” — no conviction or even criminal charge on the books since it isn’t in criminal court and it will be settled out of civil court with NDAs as part of the agreement.  
 

Translation: no additional suspensions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

“Civil claims” — no conviction or even criminal charge on the books since it isn’t in criminal court and it will be settled out of civil court with NDAs as part of the agreement.  
 

Translation: no additional suspensions

It says it can be extended.  You think he has to have conviction that if settles out of court he cant receive time from the commissioner?  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

It says it can be extended.  You think he has to have conviction that if settles out of court he cant receive time from the commissioner?  

 

He is already suspended for half a season.  If Goodell wants to suspend him for even more games he needs something documented on paper he can point to like a criminal conviction.  Rumors and innuendo about something that got settled isn’t a solid enough basis to do another disciplinary action and if he tried Brown and the NFLPA would simply file a grievance that they would win

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/16/2020 at 10:06 PM, BROOKLYN JET said:

I'm fine with riding it out this season and signing JuJu in free agency.

 

Why on earth do JI members think JuJu would sign here? What in that past decade would give you that impression?

You think Sam is enough? It’s been 4 years since they were having a pillow fights in college. 
 

i don’t think we have a chance in hell in signing J Smith Schuster. Still wouldn’t touch AB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Why on earth do JI members think JuJu would sign here? What in that past decade would give you that impression?

You think Sam is enough? It’s been 4 years since they were having a pillow fights in college. 
 

i don’t think we have a chance in hell in signing J Smith Schuster. Still wouldn’t touch AB

I was counting on  #TheJamalAdamsEffect

The dream is over.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why on earth do JI members think JuJu would sign here? What in that past decade would give you that impression?
You think Sam is enough? It’s been 4 years since they were having a pillow fights in college. 
 
i don’t think we have a chance in hell in signing J Smith Schuster. Still wouldn’t touch AB



We’ll be one of precious few teams avoiding cap hell next year.
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/17/2020 at 1:06 AM, BROOKLYN JET said:

I'm fine with riding it out this season and signing JuJu in free agency.

I'd rather bring Demaryius Thomas back than sign any of these cancers.

I would be leary of any WR the Steelers let walk out the door.  Santonio, Wallace, Plexico, Brown.  Sanders doing well in Denver dont offset those messes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/17/2020 at 8:51 AM, Philc1 said:

So?  You get a top 5 WR for the last 8 games when we could be making a playoff run

Playoffs?  Nets have a better shot at the NBA title than the Jets do of making the playoffs.  Schedule is light years tougher than last season and their best defensive player opted out.

Cross yer fingers for 5 wins.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Antonio Brown (2010-2018)

4x All Pro

7x Pro Bowler

74 TD receptions

11,207 yards receiving 

5 special teams touchdowns in punt/kickoff returns.

One team his entire career but for one season. He obviously cost himself a lot of money in 2019, but to say it's not working out is absolutely ludicrous. 

CAN'T WAIT for your hot take on the Bills vs Jets this year. 😆  

He was heavily protected in PIT w/ a HOF QB.  Plug him into a chaos org, with NYC media, a young QB and a lousy head coach and ya get the same results as Wile E Coyote lighting a can of TNT, just gonna blow up in yer face.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Philc1 said:

He is already suspended for half a season.  If Goodell wants to suspend him for even more games he needs something documented on paper he can point to like a criminal conviction.  Rumors and innuendo about something that got settled isn’t a solid enough basis to do another disciplinary action and if he tried Brown and the NFLPA would simply file a grievance that they would win

No he doesnt.

Like Zeke won.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, DirtyJersey said:

Playoffs?  Nets have a better shot at the NBA title than the Jets do of making the playoffs.  Schedule is light years tougher than last season and their best defensive player opted out.

Cross yer fingers for 5 wins.

Well if Chris Hogan and Braxton Berrios are starting yes 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/16/2020 at 10:15 PM, joewilly12 said:

Josh Gordon and Dez Bryant available also.. 

Josh Gordon, Dez and AB. Sign these beasts and we have the best WR corp in NFL... for 18 minutes.....after which they will all be suspended for frivolous acts of mischief.....that would land any honest citizen in jail for 5 years. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...