Jump to content
kdels62

Vyncint Smith out 5-8 Weeks

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:


 

tough break! Had high hopes for him 

Yes, total bummer.  I had high hopes for this guy too.  He seemed ready to emerge and compete solidly for the WR4 position.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Core muscle” is likely hernia, which is what I believe what Mosley had.  

I also believe Mosley waited too long to have surgery.  

It does not appear that the Jets fixed their strength training, conditioning and training issues.  It will be Gase’s undoing.  

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

too bad but at the same time better to find out now as opposed to later in the season.  hopefully he'll make a full recovery.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, varjet said:

“Core muscle” is likely hernia, which is what I believe what Mosley had.  

I also believe Mosley waited too long to have surgery.  

It does not appear that the Jets fixed their strength training, conditioning and training issues.  It will be Gase’s undoing.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

I see another receiver soon.

I don't think he's going to pull a trade off.  But maybe a Paul Richardson or Demaryius Thomas signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Jalen Hurd possible ACL tear, so it could be worse.

And meanwhile, the Bengals are missing 3 of their top 4 WRs at the moment.  AJ Green (hamstring), Tee Higgins (undisclosed injury) and John Ross (COVID) are all out of commission at the moment. 

That leaves Tyler Boyd, Auden Tate, and a bunch of camp bodies for rookie Joe Burrow to throw to.

Yes, it could absolutely be worse.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And meanwhile, the Bengals are missing 3 of their top 4 WRs at the moment.  AJ Green (hamstring), Tee Higgins (undisclosed injury) and John Ross (COVID) are all out of commission at the moment. 

That leaves Tyler Boyd, Auden Tate, and a bunch of camp bodies for rookie Joe Burrow to throw to.

Yes, it could absolutely be worse.

I think it's going to be a tough year for injuries, with a ton of guys that barely got in work during the summer.  

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another WR move coming hopefully & it may be bigger than a Chris Hogan signing. The Jets needed legitimacy at the position before the injury, so imagine now..

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Another WR move coming hopefully & it may be bigger than a Chris Hogan signing. The Jets needed legitimacy at the position before the injury, so imagine now..

What wins more games, legitimacy or ability? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

 

Ow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What wins more games, legitimacy or ability? 

They go hand in hand, no? You gain legitimacy when you show the ability on a consistent basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, varjet said:

 It does not appear that the Jets fixed their strength training, conditioning and training issues.  It will be Gase’s undoing.  

every team faces injuries

the Jets "strength and conditioning" issues are that they don't pay for depth (or starters, really)

so when a guy goes down, it all falls apart

they don't have a developmental WR they start Mims at WR2 unearned. this idea that the Jets training staff doesn't do a good job at keeping them healthy is scapegoating  - and i don't have any love for the Jets training staff. 

the true issue is a lack of depth - the Jets as a franchise have prioritized cap space over making real WR moves like resigning Robby. 

and Adam Gase's undoing will be that he's an offensive coach who's bad at offense 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping Smith was going to breakout this season or at least be a legit contributor (and he still may be). However. Next man up! Would love to see the 2 UDFA's Campbell and Cager get some snaps. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, rangerous said:

too bad but at the same time better to find out now as opposed to later in the season.  hopefully he'll make a full recovery.

Desean Jackson pretty much missed the whole season with one last year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

 

So, they'll probably do the IR with designated to return (not season ending) then, right?

Hope JD is calling DT (if DT kept himself in shape)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

 

This is literally the description of every "sport hernia."  Don't ask me how I know.  John Abraham had surgery for this several times over his career.  Just because the description sounds graphic doesn't make the timetable any longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Desean Jackson pretty much missed the whole season with one last year

Jackson didn't elect to go for the surgery until November which makes a 5-8 week timetable pretty much season ending. FWIW, they say he is "fast as ever" this camp

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Jackson didn't elect to go for the surgery until November which makes a 5-8 week timetable pretty much season ending. FWIW, they say he is "fast as ever" this camp

Good point on him delaying the surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

antonio brown running GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

8 game suspension. No help with current situation/immediate need

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no. Call D Thomas. We have Cager as the number 6 guy but I’d much prefer he start on the practice squad.

Just notice Darron Lee is available in case we want to beef up our water boy position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 i think it's fitting that a practice Squad castoff was part of our starting unit, and could push a team to sign Chris Hogan just to manage his absence. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next man up. Cager, Campbell, the other Smith, let's go!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...