Your New MNF Booth: Steve Levy, Brian Griese, Louis Riddick

PS17

47 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

Have any of them done play by play before and are they any good? I don't know who I'm listening to during games unless it's obvious. I mean it can't get worse, but I've said that about ESPN plenty of times.

I’ve heard Griese do play by play before.  He was ok

All I want from a Broadcast Booth is this:

1. A Non-Player guy who does rock solid unbiased play-by-play.  The "Facts" guy, but can have an intelligent exchange with #2 on analysis.

2. An Ex-Player guy who knows the game, and provides unbiased factual color commentary that goes beyond just the fact of that play but provides some analysis.

It feels like this shouldn't be too much to ask for.

• Upvote 3

Riddick is great, Griese is whatever, Steve Levy is very annoying as play by play imo. All these shcticky ESPN sportscenter anchors didnt come from broadcasting, they came from lame ass ESPN catch phrase highlight shows. Doesn't translate imo. His college games are always tough to get through.

Monday night football is entirely unwatchable anyway. Starts way too late, has awful matchups most of the time. Monday night football died with NBC getting Sunday night football. ESPN's Sunday night football was always atrocious, and now its just on Monday, with NBC getting the prime time game on Sunday.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

All I want from a Broadcast Booth is this:

1. A Non-Player guy who does rock solid unbiased play-by-play.  The "Facts" guy, but can have an intelligent exchange with #2 on analysis.

2. An Ex-Player guy who knows the game, and provides unbiased factual color commentary that goes beyond just the fact of that play but provides some analysis.

It feels like this shouldn't be too much to ask for.

Wasn't that the successful template for about 4 decades?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ruby2 said:

Steve Levy is very annoying as play by play imo. All these shcticky ESPN sportscenter anchors didnt come from broadcasting, they came from lame ass ESPN catch phrase highlight shows.

Levy was one of early broadcasters at WFAN, MSG Net, CBS TV, WABC radio and WNBC radio.

So not really