Jump to content
Jetsfan80

WR trade market: Who would you target at these prices?

I would be willing to give up a FIRST round pick + another higher pick for which of these WRs (choose all that apply)?  

81 members have voted

  1. 1. I would be willing to give up a FIRST round pick + another higher pick for which of these WRs (choose all that apply)?

    • JuJu Smith-Schuster, PIT
    • Allen Robinson, CHI
    • Chris Godwin, TB
    • Odell Beckham, CLE
    • Kenny Golladay, DET
    • Cooper Kupp, LAR
    • Keenan Allen, LAC
    • T.Y. Hilton, IND
    • Marvin Jones, DET
      0
    • Michael Gallup, DAL
    • Curtis Samuel, CAR
      0
    • A.J. Green, CIN
    • Will Fuller, HOU
      0
    • Tyrell Williams, LVG
      0
    • Larry Fitzgerald, ARI
    • Corey Davis, TEN
      0
    • Sammy Watkins, KC
      0
    • Dede Westbrook, JAX
      0
    • None of the above
  2. 2. I would be willing to give up a FIRST round pick for which of these WRs (choose all that apply)?

    • JuJu Smith-Schuster, PIT
    • Allen Robinson, CHI
    • Chris Godwin, TB
    • Odell Beckham, CLE
    • Kenny Golladay, DET
    • Cooper Kupp, LAR
    • Keenan Allen, LAC
    • T.Y. Hilton, IND
    • Marvin Jones, DET
      0
    • Michael Gallup, DAL
    • Curtis Samuel, CAR
    • A.J. Green, CIN
    • Will Fuller, HOU
      0
    • Tyrell Williams, LVG
      0
    • Larry Fitzgerald, ARI
    • Corey Davis, TEN
      0
    • Sammy Watkins, KC
      0
    • Dede Westbrook, JAX
    • Demarcus Robinson, KC
      0
    • None of the above
  3. 3. I would be willing to give up a SECOND round pick for which of these WRs (choose all that apply)?

    • Cooper Kupp, LAR
    • Keenan Allen, LAC
    • T.Y. Hilton, IND
    • Marvin Jones, DET
    • Michael Gallup, DAL
    • Curtis Samuel, CAR
    • A.J. Green, CIN
    • Will Fuller, HOU
    • None of the above
    • Kenny Stills, HOU
      0
    • Sammy Watkins, KC
    • Dede Westbrook, JAX
    • Demarcus Robinson, KC
      0
  4. 4. I would be willing to give up a THIRD round pick for which of these WRs (choose all that apply)?

    • Keenan Allen, LAC
    • T.Y. Hilton, IND
    • Marvin Jones, DET
    • Michael Gallup, DAL
    • Curtis Samuel, CAR
    • A.J. Green, CIN
    • None of the above
    • Kenny Stills, HOU
    • Corey Davis, TEN
    • Sammy Watkins, KC
    • Dede Westbrook, JAX
    • Demarcus Robinson, KC
  5. 5. I would be willing to give up a FOURTH round pick for which of these WRs (choose all that apply)?

    • A.J. Green, CIN
    • Will Fuller, HOU
    • Tyrell Williams, LVG
    • Larry Fitzgerald, ARI
    • Corey Davis, TEN
    • Sammy Watkins, KC
    • Dede Westbrook, JAX
    • Demarcus Robinson, KC
    • Kenny Stills, HOU
    • None of the above
  6. 6. I would be willing to give up no more than a FIFTH round pick for which of these WRs (choose all that apply)?

    • Corey Davis, TEN
    • Sammy Watkins, KC
    • Dede Westbrook, JAX
    • Demarcus Robinson, KC
    • Kenny Stills, HOU
    • I'm not interested in any of these receivers, at any price


Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

ODB has done nothing but lose during his entire NFL career 

Because the giants sucked.  And now that he’s in Cleveland he has a one read midget qb with an attitude 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

Voted Kenny Golladay in the second one. Maybe take a shot at Corey Davis for the 5th. I mean Jesus Christ it all seems too expensive after not getting Bill O'Brien on the phone a few months back

No way the lions let him go.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We think that JD can sign a WR for money next off season, as opposed to paying a draft pick and then signing for money.  

If we were desperate for a WR like the Seahawks were desperate for a S, then we trade draft picks.  I don’t think that JD is desperate.   At some point he will need to put down his chips and try to win.  The sense is that this is not the year.

Hopefully Sam has enough tools to show what he can do. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

No way the lions let him go.  

I know. Only one on the list I see first round value for though. I just can't believe Cardinals got Hopkins for a 2nd and bad contract in return. Bill O'Brien is a joke at GM. I feel like he didn't bother making a second phone call

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, johnnysd said:

This poll should have a "are you on drugs?" option.  NO to any trade involving a first second or third. It is just not the way to build a team. Stay the course. Mims wont be out for the season. Stop the panic

This is correct. Joe D isn't trading for draft picks just to turn around and trade them again for high priced assets. His model is building thru the draft. He's going to spend those picks in the draft, maybe after trading down and collecting more picks to spend in the draft. 

12 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Obviously it would be great to get a decent player for a 5th round pick but that's probably not realistic. I would be more than willing to give up a third or even go as high as a second.

A fifth rounder is about where I'd top off this year, although I think even that's high. Deals will be available as training camps come to a close and teams have an excess at the position. Bubble guys will move for conditional sixth or seventh round picks. Happens every year. I don't have the run down on every team that might have a surplus of WRs, but I can guarantee you that Joe D and his staff does - as well as similar listings at OL and CB and Edge. 

The Jets are not great at WR this year, I get that. If they want to go WR in the first round next year, I'll applaud the move. Enthusiastically. But there's a big difference between trading a first round pick for a player needing a blockbuster-sized FA type contract, and getting a WR in the top 30 picks and locking him up for the next four-five years on the cheap. The 49ers selected Brandon Aiyuk at #25 this year, and his four year contract is probably worth about a third of what JuJu might expect to average per year with his next deal. That's why you build thru the draft! Solid talent at discount prices! Trading high picks for players rarely pans out, as Seattle will learn over the next couple drafts. 

Crowder, Bell, and Herndon should supply Darnold with enough reliable targets underneath to enable him to hit Perriman, Mims, or someone named Smith downfield once in a while. Sam takes the jump we're all hoping for behind an improved OL, and the team will be well positioned with draft picks and cap space to load up for 2021. If Sam doesn't take that leap, they're well positioned to replace him. I still believe in Darnold, but I also agree with the Jets hedging their bets this year. There's enough there for the QB to demonstrate improvement as it is, and I'd still contend that they're not done at the position - I just don't want or see any high profile moves this summer. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, slats said:

This is correct. Joe D isn't trading for draft picks just to turn around and trade them again for high priced assets. His model is building thru the draft. He's going to spend those picks in the draft, maybe after trading down and collecting more picks to spend in the draft. 

A fifth rounder is about where I'd top off this year, although I think even that's high. Deals will be available as training camps come to a close and teams have an excess at the position. Bubble guys will move for conditional sixth or seventh round picks. Happens every year. I don't have the run down on every team that might have a surplus of WRs, but I can guarantee you that Joe D and his staff does - as well as similar listings at OL and CB and Edge. 

The Jets are not great at WR this year, I get that. If they want to go WR in the first round next year, I'll applaud the move. Enthusiastically. But there's a big difference between trading a first round pick for a player needing a blockbuster-sized FA type contract, and getting a WR in the top 30 picks and locking him up for the next four-five years on the cheap. The 49ers selected Brandon Aiyuk at #25 this year, and his four year contract is probably worth about a third of what JuJu might expect to average per year with his next deal. That's why you build thru the draft! Solid talent at discount prices! Trading high picks for players rarely pans out, as Seattle will learn over the next couple drafts. 

Crowder, Bell, and Herndon should supply Darnold with enough reliable targets underneath to enable him to hit Perriman, Mims, or someone named Smith downfield once in a while. Sam takes the jump we're all hoping for behind an improved OL, and the team will be well positioned with draft picks and cap space to load up for 2021. If Sam doesn't take that leap, they're well positioned to replace him. I still believe in Darnold, but I also agree with the Jets hedging their bets this year. There's enough there for the QB to demonstrate improvement as it is, and I'd still contend that they're not done at the position - I just don't want or see any high profile moves this summer. 

also, you have to figure that there will be quality veteran wrs hitting FA when final cuts are made, considering how many wrs were drafted.  so yeah, assuming there isn't another bad injury, you can attack and win with perriman/crowder/mims/herndon/bell, along with anything that griffin does.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

also, you have to figure that there will be quality veteran wrs hitting FA when final cuts are made, considering how many wrs were drafted.  so yeah, assuming there isn't another bad injury, you can attack and win with perriman/crowder/mims/herndon/bell, along with anything that griffin does.  

Absolutely. I only mention low level trades because it might be worth a sixth or seventh rounder to land the guy the Jets want, rather than letting him hit free agency. Either way, the Jets aren't done at the WR position this year. It's just not going to be a high profile trade or Antonio Brown. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If we make it to the deadline, a few more guys might become available, but as of right now? Chargers are in rebuild mode

Mike Williams would be nice😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, slats said:

Crowder, Bell, and Herndon should supply Darnold with enough reliable targets underneath to enable him to hit Perriman, Mims, or someone named Smith downfield once in a while. Sam takes the jump we're all hoping for behind an improved OL, and the team will be well positioned with draft picks and cap space to load up for 2021. If Sam doesn't take that leap, they're well positioned to replace him. ........ I just don't want or see any high profile moves this summer. 

A massive +1

Perriman (WR#1), Crowder (Slot), Berrios (WR #2/3), Mims (WR #2 when ready), Herndon (TE), Griffin (TE), Bell (RB/Spread), Gore (RB), Perine (RB) and maybe someone from the depth chart at WR shows enough to get a few throws.  No the deepest group, but such is life.  

That feels like enough talent for Darnold to play with frankly.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2020 at 7:26 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

For the purposes of this poll, I only chose realistic trade options.  I.E. upcoming free agents and/or WRs on teams with upcoming cap difficulties. 

If a receiver you like isn't an option (polls max out at 20), you'll need to make a case that depends largely on finances.

For those who can't see the poll questions (I.E. using the mobile app), these were the WRs selected for the poll, and I asked how much you'd be willing to give up to get him (1st rounder + additional high pick; 1st rounder only; 2nd rounder; 3rd rounder; etc):

Scheduled Free Agents after 2020

  • JuJu Smith-Schuster, PIT 
  • Allen Robinson, CHI 
  • Chris Godwin, TB
  • Kenny Golladay, DET 
  • Cooper Kupp, LAR 
  • Keenan Allen, LAC 
  • T.Y. Hilton, IND 
  • Marvin Jones, DET 
  • Curtis Samuel, CAR
  • A.J. Green, CIN
  • Will Fuller, HOU
  • Larry Fitzgerald, ARI
  • Corey Davis, TEN
  • Sammy Watkins, KC
  • Dede Westbrook, JAX
  • Demarcus Robinson, KC
  • Kenny Stills, HOU

Potential cap casualties

  • Odell Beckham, CLE
  • Michael Gallup, DAL
  • Tyrell Williams, LVG

Wouldnt trade for any of them for this yr.  Jers are more than a finishing piece away.

In the off season, i'd give AJ a 3yr deal, 3rd yr w/ no guarantees, if he was healthy all season.  Anyone else on the list still any good will be resigned or franchised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2020 at 10:05 PM, GreenFish said:

Keenan Allen would be a great addition. While he mostly plays the slot, he’d be good at the z spot as well. I think the same of JuJu.

Phil Rivers and MASH unit worth of injuries.  Allen is fools gold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2020 at 7:53 PM, johnnysd said:

This poll should have a "are you on drugs?" option.  NO to any trade involving a first second or third. It is just not the way to build a team. Stay the course. Mims wont be out for the season. Stop the panic

I pretty much agree. I also don't think JD will be drafting a WR in Rd. 1 any time soon. I just don't see it when we have a clear need at Edge, CB and still need young talent at O-line. As it stands, even with 2 first rounders, I don;t see him taking a WR in the first round. So trading a first round pick for a WR seems to be even less likely. IMHO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DirtyJersey said:

Wouldnt trade for any of them for this yr.  Jers are more than a finishing piece away.

In the off season, i'd give AJ a 3yr deal, 3rd yr w/ no guarantees, if he was healthy all season.  Anyone else on the list still any good will be resigned or franchised.

AJ Green?  He’s done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PepPep said:

I pretty much agree. I also don't think JD will be drafting a WR in Rd. 1 any time soon. I just don't see it when we have a clear need at Edge, CB and still need young talent at O-line. As it stands, even with 2 first rounders, I don;t see him taking a WR in the first round. So trading a first round pick for a WR seems to be even less likely. IMHO. 

Not sure I agree with this. Philly avoided 1st round WRs and under his time there Philly wound up with essentially nothing at WR. I am not sure he will speciifically  target WR but I also think he realizes he needs to do more for Sam so WR might be ahead of QB and Edge still. Also we have two 1st rounders each of next 2 years so I could easily see 1 or 2 first round WR taken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JD doesn’t give away high picks. I love his patience, he doesn’t fly by the seat of his pants like everyone here. 
Remember everyone freaking out during the Mims tradeback? 
Dude has Icewater veins. This is a WR GROUP, with a very good QB slinging it. They still have Perriman, Crowder, Mims, Herndon, Bell! 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2020 at 6:08 PM, Warfish said:

Voted no for every question.

We are not a title contender in 2020.  So there is no reason to sell high value long-term assets for low value "win now" short term solutions.  Nope.

Roll with who we have, sign a camp casualty maybe, no trade and definitely not for top draft picks.  Hell no.

Being an absolutist about roster management is ignorant... so you've come to the right place! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2020 at 8:30 PM, T0mShane said:

The one guy on there that I think you could get who would also be great here is Keenan Allen. 

keenan allen is an absolute route running stud.  The guy is so under appreciated in the league for how great a WR he is, the problem is he is rarely healthy.  When he is?  he puts up big numbers.  Watch that guys route running its absolutely surgical. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2020 at 10:59 PM, Aaron Hernandez said:

I know. Only one on the list I see first round value for though. I just can't believe Cardinals got Hopkins for a 2nd and bad contract in return. Bill O'Brien is a joke at GM. I feel like he didn't bother making a second phone call

Mac drafted Ardarius Stewart over Golladay 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Being an absolutist about roster management is ignorant... so you've come to the right place! 

We all have our beliefs as to how a team is best built.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We all have our beliefs as to how a team is best built.

no one's debating that. being black and white about it is tough not to poke holes in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't mind adding Erasmus Hall's own Curtis Samuel.  He is a bit of a gadget type and runs a bunch of slot, but I read a couple of advanced metrics articles that really loved him  Supposedly one of the top separation scores (or whatever they call it) over the last few years.  Right behind Tyreek Hill.  A bunch of TDs per touch. 

He is in his walk year, so he is supposedly on the block - the Packers are rumored to be getting him for a 4th.  Our 4th is presumably worth more.  Someone I would certainly consider, though I don't know how well he'd fit.  I actually originally looked at Jeff Smith as sort of a poor man's Samuel or Percy Harvin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Paradis said:

no one's debating that. being black and white about it is tough not to poke holes in

I don't think I was being "black and white" about it.

I don't favor trading draft assets for short-term disgruntled/unwanted/high-cost players.  I don't believe that is the way a consistently competitive potential champion team is constructed.  I do not want some other teams castoff, problem child or on-the-decline-old-veteran if it costs us draft picks. 

Frankly, I think this whole exercise is the same old excuse making.  Our WR talent is adequate IF we have a legitimate talent-elevating franchise QB throwing to them.  If we don't, then of course what we have won't be good enough.  Nor will whatever costly mistake we might trade for. 

I mean seriously, we have people who want to trade a #1 pick AND another high round pick for a short term OBJ rental ffs.  If being "black and white" about thinking that's a horrible idea is bad, then color me bad I guess.  If we were one OBJ from being a title favorite, maybe, sure.  We're so not that team right now.  

People need to stop making excuses for our golden boy.  We drafted him to make our talent better, not to endlessly be excused because well shucks, no OL or WR is ever good enough to support him.  

Berrios, Mims, Crowder, Herndon, Griffin, Bell, Gore.  Is it perfect?  No.  But it's good enough if we have a franchise QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't think I was being "black and white" about it.

I don't favor trading draft assets for short-term disgruntled/unwanted/high-cost players.  I don't believe that is the way a consistently competitive potential champion team is constructed.  I do not want some other teams castoff, problem child or on-the-decline-old-veteran if it costs us draft picks. 

Frankly, I think this whole exercise is the same old excuse making.  Our WR talent is adequate IF we have a legitimate talent-elevating franchise QB throwing to them.  If we don't, then of course what we have won't be good enough.  Nor will whatever costly mistake we might trade for. 

I mean seriously, we have people who want to trade a #1 pick AND another high round pick for a short term OBJ rental ffs.  If being "black and white" about thinking that's a horrible idea is bad, then color me bad I guess.  If we were one OBJ from being a title favorite, maybe, sure.  We're so not that team right now.  

People need to stop making excuses for our golden boy.  We drafted him to make our talent better, not to endlessly be excused because well shucks, no OL or WR is ever good enough to support him.  

Berrios, Mims, Crowder, Herndon, Griffin, Bell, Gore.  Is it perfect?  No.  But it's good enough if we have a franchise QB.

Sam has the worst WR group in the nfl after having had the worst OL in the nfl last year.  Meanwhile Baker Mayfield put up worse numbers throwing to multiple pro bowl WRs last year

 

those aren’t “excuses” those are facts.  Of and Fitzpatrick sucks

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I wouldn't mind adding Erasmus Hall's own Curtis Samuel.  He is a bit of a gadget type and runs a bunch of slot, but I read a couple of advanced metrics articles that really loved him  Supposedly one of the top separation scores (or whatever they call it) over the last few years.  Right behind Tyreek Hill.  A bunch of TDs per touch. 

He is in his walk year, so he is supposedly on the block - the Packers are rumored to be getting him for a 4th.  Our 4th is presumably worth more.  Someone I would certainly consider, though I don't know how well he'd fit.  I actually originally looked at Jeff Smith as sort of a poor man's Samuel or Percy Harvin.

Samuel isn’t much better than Hogan and I think Hogan absolutely sucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Sam has the worst WR group in the nfl after having had the worst OL in the nfl last year.

OIP.n94TmXxCtYeiLpjvJfmtCwHaGJ?pid=Api&r

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Of and Fitzpatrick sucks

He's a better QB than you'll ever be a poster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't think I was being "black and white" about it.

I don't favor trading draft assets for short-term disgruntled/unwanted/high-cost players.  I don't believe that is the way a consistently competitive potential champion team is constructed.  I do not want some other teams castoff, problem child or on-the-decline-old-veteran if it costs us draft picks. 

You're bring pretty black and white.  You might think he "sucks", like @Philc1 thinks about almost everyone, but Samuel just turned 24.  He is not a castoff, problem child or old-veteran.  He is a guy that may get moved because he will be a FA next year.  Corey Davis, Cooper Kupp, Will Fuller.  You don't have to love those guys, but they aren't washed up vets and we aren't talking high picks here.  I don't see how you would fail to find somebody you'd at least kick the tired on for a 5th on that list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Samuel just turned 24.  He is not a castoff, problem child or old-veteran.  He is a guy that may get moved because he will be a FA next year.

Funny, you might think a guy like that, if he's so worthy, would be a priority resigning for his team.  If he isn't.....why do we need him?  We can draft a #1 WR next draft to pair with Mims/Crowder and maybe Berrios if he proves out hi splay in the 2nd half last year.

I simply don't buy into the desperation some of you seem to think exists.  We're not desperate.  

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

  Corey Davis, Cooper Kupp, Will Fuller.  You don't have to love those guys, but they aren't washed up vets and we aren't talking high picks here.  I don't see how you would fail to find somebody you'd at least kick the tired on for a 5th on that list.

If we're not talking high draft picks, then I'm not overly against it conceptually.  Thought I was clear on that point earlier, but if not, I'm talking 1st/2nd rounders, maybe 3rd rounders too.  I keep those and pick my own guys next draft or two.   

We want to pick up some whatever semi-JAG WR fill-in to make you all feel better for a 4th or 5th, fine.  They're generally no better than what we already have frankly, as history shows here, they've just been around longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Funny, you might think a guy like that, if he's so worthy, would be a priority resigning for his team.  If he isn't.....why do we need him?  We can draft a #1 WR next draft to pair with Mims/Crowder and maybe Berrios if he proves out hi splay in the 2nd half last year.

I simply don't buy into the desperation some of you seem to think exists.  We're not desperate.  

If we're not talking high draft picks, then I'm not overly against it conceptually.  Thought I was clear on that point earlier, but if not, I'm talking 1st/2nd rounders, maybe 3rd rounders too.  I keep those and pick my own guys next draft or two.   

We want to pick up some whatever semi-JAG WR fill-in to make you all feel better for a 4th or 5th, fine.  They're generally no better than what we already have frankly, as history shows here, they've just been around longer.

You said you vote NO to everything.  That list goes down to 5th rounders.  You can't count on drafting an out of the box #1 WR with a 5th round pick.  You probably can't even count on it with a 1st.  Berrios and Crowder are kind of redundant.  I doubt you will see both on the field at the same time much.  If you do, it will probably indicate a larger problem, not that Berrios has stepped up.  Probably more than half the guys on that semi-JAG WR fill-in list rate a better contract than our alleged number 1, Perriman and most haven't been around longer.  You are really comparing Dede Westbrook to Josh Malone, and Jehu Chesson?  Check their stats and when they were drafted.  Malone is still young, but c'mon.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

You're bring pretty black and white.  You might think he "sucks", like @Philc1 thinks about almost everyone, but Samuel just turned 24.  He is not a castoff, problem child or old-veteran.  He is a guy that may get moved because he will be a FA next year.  Corey Davis, Cooper Kupp, Will Fuller.  You don't have to love those guys, but they aren't washed up vets and we aren't talking high picks here.  I don't see how you would fail to find somebody you'd at least kick the tired on for a 5th on that list.

I’ve actually seen Samuel play in the NFL.  He’s not good 

 

And yes I’m going to call it like it is with trash heap garbage like Hogan and Moncreif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

You said you vote NO to everything.

Are you being obtuse on purpose mate?

I wouldn't make a trade (so I say no to all of the proposed deals). 

I wouldn't be angry if JD makes a trade for a lower-round pick (which is what you asked).  I don;t think it's needed, but (for now) all faith in JD till he shows he doesn't deserve it.

These are two different questions with non-mutually exclusive answers.

Quote

You can't count on drafting an out of the box #1 WR with a 5th round pick.  You probably can't even count on it with a 1st. 

You can't count on the guy you traded for not being suspended for drugs or breaking his leg the first day in camp either.

And I don't want a 5th round pick WR next draft, I was a top-prospect WR to pair with Mims (who we have much hope for), Berrios (TBD) and Crowder (reliable slot).  WR should be a major need/objective (along with pass rush) in the 2021 draft 9as things stand today).

If you've convinced yourself that a 5th round trade WR is a better deal than a 1st round draft WR, I don't know what to tell you.  Aim higher.

Quote

Berrios and Crowder are kind of redundant.  I doubt you will see both on the field at the same time much.

I need to correct my own repeated error.  I meant Perriman, not Berrios.  But f'ing up those two names all offseason, and that's my bad.  Getting f'ing alzheimer already it seems some days.....

I think early on we'll mostly see Perriman and Crowder on the field, together.  With (we hope) a solid dose of Mims.  I like that trio enough, personally.

Quote

  If you do, it will probably indicate a larger problem, not that Berrios has stepped up.

See above.  

Quote

  Probably more than half the guys on that semi-JAG WR fill-in list rate a better contract than our alleged number 1, Perriman and most haven't been around longer.

Guess we'll see.  JD Clearly has some level of faith in Perriman.

Quote

You are really comparing Dede Westbrook to Josh Malone, and Jehu Chesson?  Check their stats and when they were drafted.  Malone is still young, but c'mon.  

I'm not comparing anyone to anyone, because I haven't looked up any of their stats, because I don't care about their stats right now, because I'm not interested in making a trade right now.

I'm interested in seeing how the WR we have do.  And how Sam does with them. I see no need to trade long-term draft capital now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I’ve actually seen Samuel play in the NFL.  He’s not good 

 

And yes I’m going to call it like it is with trash heap garbage like Hogan and Moncreif

It is August.  It is not a newsflash that the available talent is thin.  What is more confusing is your banging the drum for the high profile guys that are left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2020 at 7:26 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

For the purposes of this poll, I only chose realistic trade options.  I.E. upcoming free agents and/or WRs on teams with upcoming cap difficulties. 

If a receiver you like isn't an option (polls max out at 20), you'll need to make a case that depends largely on finances.

For those who can't see the poll questions (I.E. using the mobile app), these were the WRs selected for the poll, and I asked how much you'd be willing to give up to get him (1st rounder + additional high pick; 1st rounder only; 2nd rounder; 3rd rounder; etc):

Scheduled Free Agents after 2020

  • JuJu Smith-Schuster, PIT 
  • Allen Robinson, CHI 
  • Chris Godwin, TB
  • Kenny Golladay, DET 
  • Cooper Kupp, LAR 
  • Keenan Allen, LAC 
  • T.Y. Hilton, IND 
  • Marvin Jones, DET 
  • Curtis Samuel, CAR
  • A.J. Green, CIN
  • Will Fuller, HOU
  • Larry Fitzgerald, ARI
  • Corey Davis, TEN
  • Sammy Watkins, KC
  • Dede Westbrook, JAX
  • Demarcus Robinson, KC
  • Kenny Stills, HOU

Potential cap casualties

  • Odell Beckham, CLE
  • Michael Gallup, DAL
  • Tyrell Williams, LVG

Sign them ALL!!!! Sam needs weapons!!!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see JD trading any of his chips at this point in TC.  More likely he'll just add another veteran wideout for depth.  I'm thinking a veteran like Paul Richardson or Demaryius Thomas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Warfish said:

I don't think I was being "black and white" about it.

I don't favor trading draft assets for short-term disgruntled/unwanted/high-cost players.  I don't believe that is the way a consistently competitive potential champion team is constructed.  I do not want some other teams castoff, problem child or on-the-decline-old-veteran if it costs us draft picks. 

Frankly, I think this whole exercise is the same old excuse making.  Our WR talent is adequate IF we have a legitimate talent-elevating franchise QB throwing to them.  If we don't, then of course what we have won't be good enough.  Nor will whatever costly mistake we might trade for. 

I mean seriously, we have people who want to trade a #1 pick AND another high round pick for a short term OBJ rental ffs.  If being "black and white" about thinking that's a horrible idea is bad, then color me bad I guess.  If we were one OBJ from being a title favorite, maybe, sure.  We're so not that team right now.  

People need to stop making excuses for our golden boy.  We drafted him to make our talent better, not to endlessly be excused because well shucks, no OL or WR is ever good enough to support him.  

Berrios, Mims, Crowder, Herndon, Griffin, Bell, Gore.  Is it perfect?  No.  But it's good enough if we have a franchise QB.

Good enough for what exactly?   I always laugh when people try to make the case that the QB, if he’s a “franchise QB” should be able to play with whatever sacks of s**t they place around him.  It’s such a flawed argument.   There isn’t a GM in the league who thinks, “hell its the kids 3rd year, just run out these jags and everything will be fine”.   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...