He Was Joking, But He Wasn't ...

KRL

Wait, after the 2:30 mark he calls the Jets camp first class and probably the best in the league, facially recognition software and scans that automatically sign you in?  The cheapskate Jets?

Just bitch and you'll be the first one hired, LOL

• Upvote 3

Two takeaways from that bit:

1. I don’t consider Hughes to be a particularly negative reporter, so the joke is lost on me.

2. Internet video content staged like this is terrible, serves no purpose, and does nothing to inspire me to pay for The Athletic. That video runs 40 minutes? Why?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the word Savage contains VAG

and AGE 

so get out of my face you old C--t

:)

LOL My favorite Bit rant was on the old JI when you were telling a Nam Vet how it was in Nam before you were even born. Your so easy to get to Bit but then most know-it-all's are. :getgreen:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

LOL My favorite Bit rant was on the old JI when you were telling a Nam Vet how it was in Nam before you were even born. Your so easy to get to Bit but then most know-it-all's are. :getgreen:

i don't remember many of my JI interactions but in general that place can go to hell 

the fact that anyone remembers anything I did that long ago, I find to be flattering 

side note I like how this board at the same time expects people to stay the same for 20 years but also expect a resounding Jets resurrection every offseason for no reason. Sam Darnold is going to get better but BIT will never change! 

it's a rebuilding process, check my signature

my posts have to get worse so they can get better

the problem is finding a floor

as the 2020 Jets will also discover 

20 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

You have become a one note whiner ever since JD fleeced the Seahawks

shows what you know i've been actively rooting against the team since they cut IK instead of Geno

after punch-gate - IK was a hero

they cut the wrong guy 

Conor Hughes talk on Becton play so far...gets me really excited on what he can be.  He needs to get the experience from reps, and refinement of his technique.  But his potential and upside is enormous.  That potential could be one of the most...if not the most...dominant OL in Jets history.  He could be that good.

Can't wait to see Becton on that football field.  

• Upvote 1

Some things I took away after listening to all 40 minutes....

1. Sounds like Becton is the real deal and they're readying him to start at LT during Week 1 without major concerns.

2. Starting OLine looks to be Becton, Lewis, McGovern, GVR, Fant from left to right.

3. Herndon and Perriman both looking good.  Herndon and Darnold have a great chemistry and Herndon is making big plays.

4. Perriman running all sorts of routes.  Sounds to me like he's really trying to grow into that well-rounded WR1.

5. Ashtyn Davis is flashing and showing great awareness at FS.  Playing a bit of centerfield, the Marcus Maye position from last year.

6. Maye looking good and looking more active now that Jamal Adams is gone.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Some things I took away after listening to all 40 minutes....

1. Sounds like Becton is the real deal and they're readying him to start at LT during Week 1 without major concerns.

2. Starting OLine looks to be Becton, Lewis, McGovern, GVR, Fant from left to right.

3. Herndon and Perriman both looking good.  Herndon and Darnold have a great chemistry and Herndon is making big plays.

4. Perriman running all sorts of routes.  Sounds to me like he's really trying to grow into that well-rounded WR1.

5. Ashtyn Davis is flashing and showing great awareness at FS.  Playing a bit of centerfield, the Marcus Maye position from last year.

6. Maye looking good and looking more active now that Jamal Adams is gone.

what does your boss think of listening to 40 minutes of interviews on the clock :-)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/18/2020 at 9:26 AM, nycdan said:

22:30 he explains why we aren't hearing Cager's name much.

"That guy's huge, but he's got hands of stone.  Like I've seen this guy drop like 10 balls already."

Giraffe’s are cool ? but have no hands and are pretty slow as well

On 8/18/2020 at 8:20 AM, T0mShane said:

Two takeaways from that bit:

1. I don’t consider Hughes to be a particularly negative reporter, so the joke is lost on me.

2. Internet video content staged like this is terrible, serves no purpose, and does nothing to inspire me to pay for The Athletic. That video runs 40 minutes? Why?

Length is strength !  lol