"I'm going to be unstoppable," says New York Jet...

Just now, nico002 said:

You obviously didn’t watch him closely 

Wait, so you watched him closely and came away thinking he was an explosive DT?

I will say, there was one play - one - where he did explode off the ball - get into the backfield and stop a RB behind the LOS - but that was literally one play I saw from him with the type of explosiveness he'll need to consistently have to be a true force in the passing game.

Maybe that one play can become the norm.  I hope so.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Wait, so you watched him closely and came away thinking he was an explosive DT?

I will say, there was one play - one - where he did explode off the ball - get into the backfield and stop a RB behind the LOS - but that was literally one play I saw from him with the type of explosiveness he'll need to consistently have to be a true force in the passing game.

Maybe that one play can become the norm.  I hope so.

Not sure what it means if anything but I remember  a couple plays  he showed burst off the ball and fell just short  of the QB . 

• Upvote 2

Sounds like he put in the work to come to TC in very good shape.  I'm hoping he'll break out this year and be an impact player.  Near 8 sacks, with lots of knockdowns...hits...hurries and TFLs.  All while being double teamed.   Jets need that type of season from him. 

IMO he has the tools to be a Pro Bowl caliber player.   Now he has to go out there and prove it.  If he can't...then this was another wasted high draft pick for sure.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Welp, there’s the death knell. Literally every DL we’ve had declared this just before solidifying their bust status.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Literally every player who has ever played more than one season thinks they'll be better in year two than year one and a more than a few do.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Snell41 said:

He didn’t say he’d be better. He said unstoppable. How many of these sequels do you need to see?

Was he unstoppable last year?

If he's unstoppable this year hes better 

Much better.

Stop the complaining over palyers saying something ballplayers all over in all different sports say, they're much better blah, blah, blah

I dont need sequels or whatever, hes feeling good.  Good for him.  I wasn't expecting him or anyone else to say they are expecting to suck this season 

Its not that serious an offense

• Post of the Week 1

On 8/19/2020 at 2:34 PM, JiF said:

Unnecessary, shut up, be humble, prove it.

or does that not apply?

Whatever, Jamal. I kid, I kid. That being said, I was never happier to see a fat mouth get kicked in his ass. I need to play catch up and do some serious weighing in on that guy. Vaya con Dios sing the sparrows of San Juan Capistrano . . . a/k/a kick him in his ass. 

Much better.
Stop the complaining over palyers saying something ballplayers all over in all different sports say, they're much better blah, blah, blah
I dont need sequels or whatever, hes feeling good.  Good for him.  I want expecting him or anyone else to say they are expecting to suck this season 

Better would be a starting caliber DT. That would be better. Hell, being average would be better. Quinnen is another in a looooong line of overrated, overdrafted d-lineman. Right now he sucks. I’d like him to not suck before he runs his mouth.

3 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Better would be a starting caliber DT. That would be better. Hell, being average would be better. Quinnen is another in a looooong line of overrated, overdrafted d-lineman. Right now he sucks. I’d like him to not suck before he runs his mouth.

Glad you know what he is after. rookie season, with an injury.

Hes not running his mouth, come on, thats ridiculous to say and at the end of the day what he says in his second camp or doesnt say will have nothing to do with his second season or career.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Much better.

I dont need sequels or whatever, hes feeling good.  Good for him.  I want expecting him or anyone else to say they are expecting to suck this season 

Man, you keep posting in this thread.  It's almost like you're..... unstoppable.

:P

20 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This is one thread I'm bookmarking so I can come back in a few months and make fun of all the clowns that doubted Q.

How unfair of us to doubt a # 3 overall pick for showing up out of shape and recording just 2.5 sacks to date. 

This team certainly hasn't seen its fair share of disappointing DT's over the last decade.

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm glad you're recovering well!  I think I saw some film on you the other day.  Your swim move past Jonathan Harrison was a thing of beauty!  Thanks for not laying out Sam Darnold. :P

Damn, I didnt think anyone would re4cognize me.  Thats stupid Zoom call doomed me ?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I dunno did QW get drafted with multiple injuries and cost us a trade up like Drob did?

Well no and no Phil but the similarity that i was talking about was the self descriptions of their own play,  Nothing more than that really.

In DRob's defense and on the draft pick point, no player can be held responsible for the moves that a GM makes in order to be able to draft him in the first place.  The fan base may eventually rue the day that the trade was made and even hold the player responsible but that is not on the player.