Jets “deeply involved” in trade talks for Yannick

Rhg1084

2 hours ago, Lith said:

This guy has 28 followers on twitter.  Don't think he is a credible source of info.

1 hour ago, darook said:

Does anyone even know if the Miguel Maldanado IV is even real. I am not a Twitter expert but I just checked and the dude has 32 followers.....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, SR24 said:

He’s not he’s got 44 followers. Some troll who threw NFL after his twitter account 

Don't doubt his credibility, guys. Looks to me like he's trending up!

By tomorrow he could be up to 100 followers, and won't you all look silly then!

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Why would they bother?  Honestly. 

It’s the ultimate smoke screen.  For some reason Manish still has a job so people “listen” to him. JD and Gase give him the opposite info and BOOM, he tweets it and everyone might believe him.

9 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Manish Mehta said this is not true.

It really makes zero sense on the surface. Why trade Adams than turn around and trade for Yannick?

Pretty simple.  The Jets didn't trade Adams bc they didn't want him or want to pay him.  He forced his way out and they got the compensation they wanted in return. So if you can trade Adams for max value then trade for a Pro Bowl edge rusher for pennies on the $ why wouldn't you? The Jets can use the money they were going to pay Adams with and give it to Yannick.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yannick's agent said there is no trade in the works.

Might just wanna close this one up.

Jacksonville might be stirring the pot again...trying to drum up interest.  If they're tanking then why pay Yannick $17M in a non-competitive season AND watch him walk in 8 months?  I think they'd basically take a 4th round pick and a case of PurellTM

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

With the way the Jets and Jamal Adams Agent and the Seahawks were so tight lipped I wouldn't expect Yannicks agent to give out info and potentially ruin a deal for his client. I think Lombardi probably got his info from Yannicks agent earlier and now he's doing damage control bc JD likes to keep things quiet.  That's why an hour after Lombardi said the Jets were in deep talks Manish posted that it wasn't happening.  They got different info from the same person. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Pretty simple.  The Jets didn't trade Adams bc they didn't want him or want to pay him.  He forced his way out and they got the compensation they wanted in return. So if you can trade Adams for max value then trade for a Pro Bowl edge rusher for pennies on the $ why wouldn't you? The Jets can use the money they were going to pay Adams with and give it to Yannick.

Right. And this is a much more valuable position in today's NFL than safety is.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Yup.  Someone stated it earlier in this thread.  If the Jets traded a couple 3rds for Yannick then this summer's defensive trade summary essentially nets out to be...

Jamal Adams, 3rd round pick, 4th round pick

- for -

Ngakoue, McDougald, 1st round pick, 1st round pick

Whoa nelly!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm confused, did I miss something? Usually that type of agreement is allowed by the team trying to trade the player. They let them talk to see if they can work an agreement on an extension then the trade happens and then the papers get signed. 

I don't think it's wise move to make, but I don't see anything that isn't above board.

My understanding is that the deadline has passed for Ngakoue to be signed to a longterm deal per the CBA.  I think it happened sometime in late June or July.  He's now required to play under the franchise tag.  What I don't know is whether that holds if he's traded or if it only applies to his current team.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, choon328 said:

With the way the Jets and Jamal Adams Agent and the Seahawks were so tight lipped I wouldn't expect Yannicks agent to give out info and potentially ruin a deal for his client. I think Lombardi probably got his info from Yannicks agent earlier and now he's doing damage control bc JD likes to keep things quiet.  That's why an hour after Lombardi said the Jets were in deep talks Manish posted that it wasn't happening.  They got different info from the same person. 

I mean, the agent also made fun of Lombardi for getting duped by a fake Twitter account.  Seems like overkill to do that if he was feeding information to him a couple of hours ago.

58 minutes ago, heymangold said:

It’s the ultimate smoke screen.  For some reason Manish still has a job so people “listen” to him. JD and Gase give him the opposite info and BOOM, he tweets it and everyone might believe him.

I wouldn't believe Mehta if I was the biggest born again guppy on the Planet Earth and he told me The Rapture was occurring.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Jacksonville might be stirring the pot again...trying to drum up interest.  If they're tanking then why pay Yannick $17M in a non-competitive season AND watch him walk in 8 months?  I think they'd basically take a 4th round pick and a case of PurellTM

You had me till the purell. That is liquid gold during these rough times

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Only way I could see this happening is if we did the conditional thing where 2 3rds become 2 fifths if we don't re-sign him

Was thinking exactly this. Not necessarily fifths, but maybe the second third is conditional on resigning.

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

This is what his agent said:

You should have posted the whole tweet. "As of now" was an important part of the tweet the you decided to cherry pick out of it. 

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Losmeister said:

jdPh-aV3_bigger.jpg

Level 2:
2) Joe Douglas wants to ensure there is a verbal agreement on an extension before handing over significant draft capital during a rebuild. If the deal goes through would have landed their best pass rusher since Abraham.

Folks, this guy's Twitter bio says he covers the Jets & Mets for 538.

538 doesn't have team beat reporters and "Miguel Maldonado" has never written a story for 538

Stop posting his garbage

• Upvote 1