Jets “deeply involved” in trade talks for Yannick

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, jetscrazey said:

I'd be pissed if he went somewhere else.  Good pass rushers don't grow on trees, and he's better than anything the Jets have or will have in the forseeable future.

Joe D should pony up and get this guy.

Especially if just for a 2. This guy is only 25 years old and have almost 40 sacks in 4 years in the league 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nope.  He's not worth a 2 and he's not worth the heavy coin we'd have to spend on him to retain him longterm.  The minute you trade for a guy like him you're locked in to overpay him.  Seattle is going to learn that the hard way.

Ngakoue is barely above average when it comes to athleticism.  Those types don't last long in this league, and they aren't the kind of player Douglas tends to value.  

The coin concerns me as much as the #2.  If they have a longterm contract drawn up so that he's signed when he gets off the plane then I'd be okay with it, especially if it's something like sending a #2 and getting back a #6.  I just don't want to see the Jets held hostage like the Giants (with Leo), Seattle (with Jamal), Arizona (with Deandre Hopkins), etc.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nope.  He's not worth a 2 and he's not worth the heavy coin we'd have to spend on him to retain him longterm.  The minute you trade for a guy like him you're locked in to overpay him.  Seattle is going to learn that the hard way.

Ngakoue is barely above average when it comes to athleticism.  Those types don't last long in this league, and they aren't the kind of player Douglas tends to value.  

Not athletic? Did you watch the Jets/Jags game last year? He completely dominated that game and sacked Sam twice. If we can get this kid who is a young sack machine you do it and extend him no problem 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The coin concerns me as much as the #2.  If they have a longterm contract drawn up so that he's signed when he gets off the plane then I'd be okay with it, especially if it's something like sending a #2 and getting back a #6.  I just don't want to see the Jets held hostage like the Giants (with Leo), Seattle (with Jamal), Arizona (with Deandre Hopkins), etc.

Agreed with all of this except I'd be happy to be held hostage by DeAndre Hopkins.  There's almost no amount of money that would be too much for me to pay Nuk.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Not athletic? Did you watch the Jets/Jags game last year? He completely dominated that game and sacked Sam twice. If we can get this kid who is a young sack machine you do it and extend him no problem 

I'm not impressed with anything a pass rusher did against the Jets' OL last year.  

This is why I can say he lacks athleticism:

yannick-ngakoue-ras-13105.png?resize=806

Maybe he'd score a lot better in 2020.  I don't care.  Let somebody else cough up a high pick and pay to find out. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Agreed with all of this except I'd be happy to be held hostage by DeAndre Hopkins.  There's almost no amount of money that would be too much for me to pay Nuk.  

Can we get an IP check here?  I think 80's account has been hacked by Mike Maccagnan.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

my favorite wr in the NFL. He is electric with glue for hands. Snagged him ina pair of keeper fantasy leagues in his rookie year...  my son grabbed him in a 3rd league.  Looking forward to Kyler Murray connecting w/him. I'd have a permanent erection if he were a Jet.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm not impressed with anything a pass rusher did against the Jets' OL last year.  

This is why I can say he lacks athleticism:

yannick-ngakoue-ras-13105.png?resize=806

Maybe he'd score a lot better in 2020.  I don't care.  Let somebody else cough up a high pick and pay to find out. 

He has 40 sacks in 4 years. What are you even talking about 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

He has 40 sacks in 4 years. What are you even talking about 

37.5 and he's not going to sustain that pace.  He's going to be the next Demarcus Lawrence (5.0 Sacks last season).

I have no interest in coughing up a high pick AND being held hostage for a long-term deal by a known malcontent with barely above average athleticism.  We've been through that already.

• Upvote 1