Jets “deeply involved” in trade talks for Yannick

Rhg1084

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Maybe you need to understand that sometimes you respond to only the posts you read.  That you realized the tweet was bs after you put it out there would lead to people commenting on the tweet.  Its not on us to read the entire thread before commenting on a post.  Time to put your big boy pants on and not take it as a personal affront.  

Coming from the biggest cry baby on here I'll choose to not take your advice Sally 

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Simple.  Explain how he's the new sheriff in town, how things are changing, how he can be a lead part of that change

Then, and most importantly, pay him.  Only a few ever turn down money. 

hmmm maybe. ?But like Jamal I get the feeling he doesn't have interest in being the main part of the rebuild. he wants to go to a team that is already winning. It's easier that way and these young guys aren't as enamored with the idea of working for and helping a young team earn greatness. They just want to be great.

The money is a big one though. 

47 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Coming from the biggest cry baby on here I'll choose to not take your advice Sally 

Says the only person crying here.  

Its not me, I didnt argue, didnt cry about anything.  Its you crying because I pointed out why a tweet was fake, with something you failed to notice.  Nothing serious to anyone else.

26 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

hmmm maybe. ?But like Jamal I get the feeling he doesn't have interest in being the main part of the rebuild. he wants to go to a team that is already winning. It's easier that way and these young guys aren't as enamored with the idea of working for and helping a young team earn greatness. They just want to be great.

The money is a big one though. 

Might start off that way but its easier to talk that way when youre full of yourself and envision a scenario where you get to pick and choose where youre going to go.  Then reality kicks in and you only get a handful of teams that are willing to pony up the money to sign you at the money youre looking for.  See Clowney, a better overall player who cant find a team

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Might start off that way but its easier to talk that way when youre full of yourself and envision a scenario where you get to pick and choose where youre going to go.  Then reality kicks in and you only get a handful of teams that are willing to pony up the money to sign you at the money youre looking for.  See Clowney, a better overall player who cant find a team

Fair enough. 

But let's look at the teams rumored to be interested. I think the Jets just might be last on the list lol 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Ok so trade not "imminent," but Jax is tanking and they are still very motivated to trade him before the season.

This.

problem is it looks like Yannick doesn’t want to play for the jets

Clowney has said publicly he does want to come here

This ain’t rocket science 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

This.

problem is it looks like Yannick doesn’t want to play for the jets

Clowney has said publicly he does want to come here

This ain’t rocket science 

Seems like the issue is they both want Bosa money and neither of them are going to get it no matter where they sign. Logan Ryan is in a similar place. They’re each waiting for some magical team to emerge and give them fantasy money. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Seems like the issue is they both want Bosa money and neither of them are going to get it no matter where they sign. Logan Ryan is in a similar place. They’re each waiting for some magical team to emerge and give them fantasy money. 

Give Clowney $20 million on a one year deal

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Could do that, I guess. I think I’d rather lock up the 25 year old OLB instead, though.

Yeah but Yannick will cost picks plus he’s probably already vetoed a trade to the jets which is where all these rumors are coming from.  It sounds like JD and the Jags had a deal done and Yannick refused to sign the tender

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Yeah but Yannick will cost picks plus he’s probably already vetoed a trade to the jets which is where all these rumors are coming from.  It sounds like JD and the Jags had a deal done and Yannick refused to sign the tender

Given the handling of the Macc firing and Jamal trade, it’s a pretty good bet that the Jets haven’t leaked anything. The Ngakoue saw is that he wants to get paid, which I’d imagine is why the agent has been the loudest voice in denying any truth to trade rumors. My guess is that the Jets and Jags agreed on the two, brought it to the agent who asked for the moon in return for Ngakoue signing the tender, and it went sideways from there. 

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Is this new age lingo for..."We suck as reporters and sourced our info from unverified tweets" ?

The idea of a reporter is a joke these days. They have been for a few decades now. Reporters just say what they're told to say. I doubt many if any are actually tracking down stories and researching anything prior to acting like an all knowing judge, jury, and executioner. I remember as a kid (prior to 10 years old ) thinking that reporters were subject matter experts with regard to what they were talking about... Ah, sweet innocence/ignorance.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

@Raideraholic

https://www.nfl.com/news/training-camp-buzz-raiders-continue-to-monitor-yannick-ngakoue-situation

Training Camp Buzz: Raiders continue to monitor Yannick Ngakoue situation

Published: Aug 21, 2020 at 11:21 AM

NFLShield

Around the NFL Staff

nfl.com

With another day of training camp underway, Yannick Ngakoue is still a Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end and there is still nothing imminent on the trade front, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. However, there are some teams who have been interested over the past couple months, but most have not maintained that interest.

The Raiders, who had discussions before the draft, have kept up their interest and are keeping tabs on the situation, as Rapoport reported Friday.

Nonetheless, it remains a tricky wicket. Though the Jaguars are open to trading the former Pro Bowler, finding a suitor who can take on north of $17 million on the salary cap and part with enough draft picks is a huge hurdle, Rapoport added. As training camp practices burn through another day, Ngakoue's future remains an unclear one.

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

"It sounds like..."  how so?  Doesn't sound anything like that to me.  Your hypothesis is one of a myriad of possibilities and I would tend to think yours has longer odds than all the others.   Fun narrative though.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Raideraholic

https://www.nfl.com/news/training-camp-buzz-raiders-continue-to-monitor-yannick-ngakoue-situation

Training Camp Buzz: Raiders continue to monitor Yannick Ngakoue situation

Published: Aug 21, 2020 at 11:21 AM

NFLShield

Around the NFL Staff

nfl.com

With another day of training camp underway, Yannick Ngakoue is still a Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end and there is still nothing imminent on the trade front, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. However, there are some teams who have been interested over the past couple months, but most have not maintained that interest.

The Raiders, who had discussions before the draft, have kept up their interest and are keeping tabs on the situation, as Rapoport reported Friday.

Nonetheless, it remains a tricky wicket. Though the Jaguars are open to trading the former Pro Bowler, finding a suitor who can take on north of $17 million on the salary cap and part with enough draft picks is a huge hurdle, Rapoport added. As training camp practices burn through another day, Ngakoue's future remains an unclear one.

I'm Sure that Jacksonville, seeing the Jets haul for Adams, will hold tight to see if they can get comparable value despite Adams still having a few years of team control left.

2 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Listening to Lombardi on Pat McAfee's show he said 2 current GM's told him Ngakoue was getting traded soon0 and that's where he got his info from. 

It sounds like the 2nd GM is who told him about the Jets.  That's just my opinion though, he didn't actually say that.

He said the the Jags called the team that they're dealing with and complained to them bc they thought that team leaked the info and Lombardi says it wasn't. 

He got fooled by a fake Schefter tweet about a trade to the Ravens. That was before all of the info about the Jets came out. 

He still believes a deal will get done soon, probably this weekend. 

So it sounds like his sources were legit and he just got beat by a fake tweet regarding the Ravens.  We'll see

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

We traded Jamal Adams because he wanted big money and could not figure out when to keep his mouth shut. Why trade for a guy who is having similar issues with a different team?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

It wasn't about how much money he wanted, it was about that he wanted it right now and couldn't wait. Plus Adams had 2-3 years left of team control and Ngakoue is on the franchise tag.  Totally different situations. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

We need a CB much more than a front-7 player. Logan Ryan please, ASAP 

Logan Ryan views himself as a safety, not a cb, which makes the Jets an unlikely fit. Jets aren't interested in Jadeveon Clowney, and it's unlikely they'll trade for Yannick Ngakoue. There will be no more splashy signings.

From his article...
On Wednesday, I got a tip from a general manager not involved in the Ngakoue talks, indicating that the Jags were close to shipping Ngakoue out of town, destination unknown. He thought it might be the Jets (they have denied involvement for whatever that means), or the Raiders, or any of the other teams that need an excellent pass rusher. The one thing my source knew for sure was that Ngakoue was on the move, and it would happen soon.

Here is the reality: A trade will happen, maybe not today, but it will happen soon.

Lombardi sounds pretty stupid IMO. Wow a GM told you it might be teams that need a pass rusher?!? And that it might happen....at some point?!! Brilliant!

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

It wasn't about how much money he wanted, it was about that he wanted it right now and couldn't wait. Plus Adams had 2-3 years left of team control and Ngakoue is on the franchise tag.  Totally different situations. 

Which makes it WORSE than the Adams situation in terms of finances.  We'd have to pay Ngakoue after the 2020 season or let him walk for nothing but a comp pick.  With Adams we could have waited several years before paying him.  

We have the money to make that happen if need be, but it doesn't make the decision to give up a high pick for Ngakoue any easier.

43 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Logan Ryan views himself as a safety, not a cb, which makes the Jets an unlikely fit. Jets aren't interested in Jadeveon Clowney, and it's unlikely they'll trade for Yannick Ngakoue. There will be no more splashy signings.

I'm not interested in any splashy signings on defense, but if Joe D wanted to make a semi-big, non-A.B., move at WR, I'd be down. 

On 8/20/2020 at 2:22 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Outlier thru his first 4 seasons:  Yes.

Outlier for the remainder of his career?  Yet to be seen.  Guys with freakish athleticism tend to last longer and have a longer prime.  To me, it's not a great bet to make to give up a high pick PLUS a mega deal for a guy who simply isn't close to being in that category.

And Lawrence's inconsistency is precisely due to the problem I am suggesting here.  He's not a great comp to Ngakoue, no.  But he's evidence of the problem with banking on an "outlier" pass rusher that both of these guys are.

Find me a comp - someone who was an outlier through 4 seasons and then fell off. The Zach Thomas/Greg Maddux types tend to stay outliers for their entire careers, sometimes longer than an athletic freak, because they don't lose as much, comparatively, when they lose a step as they age

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Given the handling of the Macc firing and Jamal trade, it’s a pretty good bet that the Jets haven’t leaked anything. The Ngakoue saw is that he wants to get paid, which I’d imagine is why the agent has been the loudest voice in denying any truth to trade rumors. My guess is that the Jets and Jags agreed on the two, brought it to the agent who asked for the moon in return for Ngakoue signing the tender, and it went sideways from there. 

The jags and/or Ngakoue camp could have leaked it