Jets “deeply involved” in trade talks for Yannick

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

jdPh-aV3_bigger.jpg

Level 2:
2) Joe Douglas wants to ensure there is a verbal agreement on an extension before handing over significant draft capital during a rebuild. If the deal goes through would have landed their best pass rusher since Abraham.

Verbal agreement?  That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

If he’s making a trade because of “Verbal agreement” he should be fired on the spot.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

For a second round pick, why the **** not? We have to pay somebody at some point and elite pass rushers are worth it.

If Joe Douglas trades a 2, he’ll have essentially replaced (arguably improved upon) Jamal Adams coverage ability with McDougald and doubled his sack numbers with Ngakoue.... all while collecting 2 first round picks 

for the record, you've long been a connoisseur of the "glass is completely full" 

• Haha 1

jdPh-aV3_bigger.jpg

Level 2:
2) Joe Douglas wants to ensure there is a verbal agreement on an extension before handing over significant draft capital during a rebuild. If the deal goes through would have landed their best pass rusher since Abraham.

This shiz makes me nervous.

First, it almost seems like some next-level Bob Kraft stuff....which I'm not against because we're the good guys and the Pats are evil puppy-killers..... but if there's anything at all on paper could the Jets get in trouble?  Secondly, what's to keep a verbal agreement from melting during Week 8 when Ngakoue gets his 10th sack of the year and his agent sends a text to Douglas that simply says, "Inflation."

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

First, it almost seems like some next-level Bob Kraft stuff....which I'm not against because we're the good guys and the Pats are evil puppy-killers..... but if there's anything at all on paper could the Jets get in trouble?  Secondly, what's to keep a verbal agreement from melting during Week 8 when Ngakoue gets his 10th sack of the year and his agent sends a text to Douglas that simply says, "Inflation."

i pretty much have stated before that i dont get into pretending i know how to be an NFL GM.

except not taking certain players on occasion ( QW over Josh Allen, Adams instead of Desahuan Watson et cet)

I get whatcha sayn, but...   i end up thinkng WTF do I KNOW? and the answer is nada (whcih it really is for most of all of us)

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm confused, did I miss something? Usually that type of agreement is allowed by the team trying to trade the player. They let them talk to see if they can work an agreement on an extension then the trade happens and then the papers get signed. 

I don't think it's wise move to make, but I don't see anything that isn't above board.

i pretty much have stated before that i dont get into pretending i know how to be an NFL GM.

except not taking certain players on occasion ( QW over Josh Allen, Adams instead of Desahuan Watson et cet)

I get whatcha sayn, but...   i end up thinkng WTF do I KNOW? and the answer is nada (whcih it really is for most of all of us)

That is what makes this trade so tricky....Yannick can't be signed until after the season, so the Jets would have to take a leap of faith.  Perhaps Douglas is holding out for 2 3's instead of a 2nd round pick.

Does anyone even know if the Miguel Maldanado IV is even real. I am not a Twitter expert but I just checked and the dude has 32 followers.....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Mehta playing the odds.

Chancres are trade doesn’t happen, Mehta looks credible (even though he’s guessing).

Trade happens, no loss, he’s always wrong and never held accountable.

Like a weatherman.

Be sure that if the trade happens...

Boyish will either directly or passive aggressively make it out to be a bad deal. He will slowly start to plant seeds of doubt for his “aha moment”

2 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

That is what makes this trade so tricky....Yannick can't be signed until after the season, so the Jets would have to take a leap of faith.  Perhaps Douglas is holding out for 2 3's instead of a 2nd round pick.

If it was for a third, and then another third in 2021 or later contingent on him signing an extension, it really wouldn't be a big risk. The Jets give a third this year. If he walks, they get back a compensatory pick based on that, and likely a high one. So either they would get him long term for two thirds, or they'd get him for a year for virtually a wash.

• Upvote 3

The 2 3rd's kinda makes sense to me.

1.  Jacksonville is essentially tanking so getting rid of him for 2020 helps them be worse. 

2. Picking up an additional 2021 3rd, to the 3rd they would get in comp is helpful if they need to move up for a QB in this draft.

3. If we lose him in FA, we basically rent a pass rusher for 2020 for a 3rd round pick and can get a comp 3rd or transition him (I think) and get a 2?

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Mehta playing the odds.

Chancres are trade doesn’t happen, Mehta looks credible (even though he’s guessing).

Trade happens, no loss, he’s always wrong and never held accountable.

Like a weatherman.

LOL My brother used to work in the same building as PIX studios (I think) and would see Mr. G every morning (he has been doing weather for 40 years now) and would break his balls. "I thought you said it was gonna be SUNNY on Tuesday??" 

12 minutes ago, darook said:

Does anyone even know if the Miguel Maldanado IV is even real. I am not a Twitter expert but I just checked and the dude has 32 followers.....

shrug. dunno.

he's nlt the only one...

Lombardi @ the atheletic making noise as well..   we'll see one way pr the other

1 hour ago, darook said:

He’s not he’s got 44 followers. Some troll who threw NFL after his twitter account