Ryan Fitzpatrick expected to win Dolphins' QB battle over Tua Tagovailoa

On 8/20/2020 at 9:42 AM, T0mShane said:

One of my favorite posters of all time.

Awww, shucks-a-rooni, Shane. You should PM me your email so we can plot how to destroy the world! Wait, that's too overwhelming. I do need a new General, but better to think small for now. I'll settle for The New Dump. I'll gather my armies of the er, wait, I have a terrible sense of direction (turns around in living room) . . . East is this way, West is over there, ewww, the South, that one doesn't count, I hate the heat . . . the North! An hr and 20 minutes north by car is the North a/k/a "UPSTATE NEW YORK".

So yeah, we'll collude - but not like the NFL - join forces and pillage the state of New Jersey. Tell ya something really funny, Well, I think it's really funny so I guess that's not much of a litmus test; but about 8 years ago there was a serious brushfire in the swamps of the Meadowlands.  It was creeping ever closer to the new abomination that was built 10 feet away from the old abomination for $1.6 billion from two venues, which was essentially the cost of a NASA mission at the time. Think about that.

Anyway, I'm not a prayerful person, but man, I was praying like a MF. "Burn, baby, burn! With no-one in it! I'll give you five bucks!"  <==That middle part goes without saying, but I thought I'd waste my breath just in case. Not sure who I'd be giving $5 to in that entreaty, but it sounded good. Unfortunately, the brave men and women of the NJFD did their job, did it well, and put it all out. Damn it. Where's some jackasss ignoring Smokey the Bear and throwing lit cigarettes plural when you need them?

Don't be a stranger! Which isn't remotely the same thing as saying don't be strange. Strange people rule. They literally rule and rule literally. As you know, I am a fair and benevolent Queen. BTW, I saw 'Spartacus', one of my favorite bad movies (if you remember) a couple of months ago. Tony Curtis, hahahaha. GO JETS!!!

On 8/20/2020 at 9:34 AM, Dcat said:

There we go!  You need to post far more often!  

Heyyyyy.  You'll never believe what happened. I started emailing you back at the end of June. It's my alternative email acct, and the email portion of my IP Provider somehow got bought out or taken over by yahoo/oath (some kind of chit like that). It was in my drafts, and when I went to finish it the other day, the entire body of the draft was wiped.  Zzzzzzt!

I'm thinking those idiots - whoever those idiots are - only keep drafts on the server for 30 days(?). What do I know from these things; but I guess I have to look at my settings or something, which will probably never happen. I was really pissed about it because it was kind of heavy. So sorry about that, I honestly wasn't being remiss. The fact that it was only hanging in space for 2 mos. is actually kind of a personal record of timeliness for me. I have about 10 emails that are a year old or older. I think there was a divorce that happened since I left a hanging chad on one of them, lol. 

Hang in there. I hate saying things like 'things will get better' because it sounds contrite. Instead, I'll say it won't get better. I mean, really, the season is coming up, am I riggggggggggggghhhhhhhhttttt.  GO JETS!!!

• Sympathy 1

On 8/20/2020 at 9:25 AM, Philc1 said:

k

Well, what kind of cancer is he exactly? You didn't specify. He certainly doesn't HAVE cancer. He's hairier than an old Greek guy on the beach in a Speedo. I don't even think chemo would put a dent in him to be honest. I can tell you what he does have. The cure for male pattern baldness.

Speaking of which and also of QBs, did anyone see that Terry Bradshaw has a new reality TV show? Ugh. He gets me nervous, you know, like some guy who's a little left of center on the subway platform? He's too hyper and weird. Yes, I actually called someone else weird. Weird is relative and I'm discerning. Anyway, fashion advice for men, bald is beautiful. If you're losing your hair, don't sweat it. Society is very kind and forgiving towards men about it (not so for women), so just roll with it and shave it off. Looks snappy, no obsessing and feeling low in yourself anymore. 

Nothing worse that the toilet seat on your head look that Terry Bradshaw refuses to get rid of. It's awful. You're welcome. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jetophile said:

Well, what kind of cancer is he exactly? You didn't specify. He certainly doesn't HAVE cancer. He's hairier than an old Greek guy on the beach in a Speedo. I don't even think chemo would put a dent in him to be honest. I can tell you what he does have. The cure for male pattern baldness.

Speaking of which and also of QBs, did anyone see that Terry Bradshaw has a new reality TV show? Ugh. He gets me nervous, you know, like some guy who's a little left of center on the subway platform? He's too hyper and weird. Yes, I actually called someone else weird. Weird is relative and I'm discerning. Anyway, fashion advice for men, bald is beautiful. If you're losing your hair, don't sweat it. Society is very kind and forgiving towards men about it (not so for women), so just roll with it and shave it off. Looks snappy, no obsessing and feeling low in yourself anymore. 

Nothing worse that the toilet seat on your head look that Terry Bradshaw refuses to get rid of. It's awful. You're welcome. 

45257C56-FA4B-4C3C-A8EA-4E0E10407F6D.jpeg

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Hmmm....

If I ever start to lose my hair, I suspect I'll be sporting a bushy Ben Franklin. 

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

45257C56-FA4B-4C3C-A8EA-4E0E10407F6D.jpeg

What kind of a restaurant backdrop is that? It looks like one of those butterflies landed on a naughty part. Seeing as your comment as to how Ryan Fitzpatrick is actually a cancer has gone unanswered, I don't actually think it's a terrible thing for Tua. He isn't going to have a pre-season to work with, so let someone else get beat up for the first half of the season.

I'm just so glad that all the Rosen proponents of yesteryear - because it's been a couple of years - didn't get their way.  I mean, is the cyclical treadmill of Jets mediocrity actually going to stop soon? I was "cautiously optimistic" about The Chimp because I just wanted the Jets to succeed, not because I had any real faith in my heart over him. The Boot truly feels different, not just a hopeful lie that I tell myself for my own psychological survival. 

Anyway, I wish Tua luck but not at the expense of Miami giving us any trouble. He can improve like crazy for all I care as long Miami continues to blow pineapple chunks. Why would you even be concerned about this guy and how much Fitzpatrick will give him idiopathic Fitzpatrick Cancer? Is it treatable? What's the prognosis?

• Upvote 1

On 8/20/2020 at 10:05 AM, Warfish said:

No harm in that, we're all guessing to some degree on draft day.  I was a huge Baker Mayfield guy that draft myself, and he has hardly lived up to my expectations to-date.

Hmmmmm Baker like the South shall rise again!! :)  

I think Baker has a Great year this myself!!! Great!

• 3 weeks later...