Titans, QB Trevor Siemian agree to one-year deal

https://www.nfl.com/news/titans-trevor-siemian-one-year-deal-waive-cole-mcdonald

Titans, QB Trevor Siemian agree to one-year deal

Published: Aug 19, 2020 at 01:19 PM

Headshot_Author_Kevin-Patra_2020

Kevin Patra

Around the NFL Writer

The Trevor Siemian Hive can reassemble.

The quarterback agreed to a one-year deal with the Tennessee Titans, agent Mike McCartney announced Wednesday.

Siemian, a former full-time starter with the Denver Broncos, started one game for the New York Jets last season, during which he suffered a season-ending ankle injury, including torn ligaments.

The 28-year-old spent 2018 backing up Kirk Cousins in Minnesota.

During his time in Denver, Siemian proved to be an adequate stand-in who is capable of managing an offense. While he might lack the upside, his experience is something teams look in for a veteran backup.

Siemian will compete with Logan Woodside for the backup duties behind big-money starter Ryan Tannehill.

The Siemian signing comes as the Titans waived seventh-round rookie Cole McDonald, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported.

Just now, Warfish said:

You know we just drafted James Morgan, right?

Hard seeing JD cutting his own 4th round QB for a cut-loose 7th round QB.

Yes, but Morgan will be on the roster. I'm suggesting McDonald for the PS, instead of Mike White who was there last year.

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

Yes, but Morgan will be on the roster. I'm suggesting McDonald for the PS, instead of Mike White who was there last year.

Ah, I see.

Not sure I'd value that, frankly I'd stuff our P.S. with as many WR's as humanly possible.  I feel like Darnold, Morgan, Flacco is more than enough for 2020, and I'd expect a late-round pick in 2020 on a QB as well.

No objection per se.

• Upvote 1