Jets working out former stud WR Kevin White

18 minutes ago, Paradis said:
  • Paul Richardson - unlike Kevin White, he actually did something when he was healthy
  • Justin Hardy - adds ceiling, ST prowess, and TD success. Despite being ATL's annual #4, he still out produced White playing in a #1-2 role
  • Taylor Gabriel - obviously

You'd have a hard time selling me on White being a smarter choice than them. not to mention there's some value in spinning the wheel on some guys who had a good camp last year, but never made the cut--

• Jordan Lasley
  • Jazz Ferguson
  • Alex Wesley
  • Jamarius Way

This is only a conversation because we're talking about legitimately this guys might have to play games. We have no developmental talent to draw on. I can't even get into how talent depraved our WR corps... some teams are painfully deep - because they stack talent, even on the back end. 

You and Paul Richardson, lol.

Just like White, the league has given up on these guys, and for good reason.  Justin Hardy would be a decent option to bring in for a workout.  But these guys are really no better than the likes of Hogan and White.

12 hours ago, Ghost said:

Kevin White and I have mutual friends. He went to a high school that’s about 10-15 minutes away. Some of our mutual friends just texted me and apparently he’s motivated. 

This is a super low risk - high reward type move. It cannot hurt. 

When 40 years of working at Jiffy Lube stare someone in the face...

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, varjet said:

Kevin White is an example of why football scouts get paid.  He is a guy you figure out does not translate to the NFL.

But if you can sign him cheap, bring him in.   This is an example of how good coaches could develop and salvage players. 

Eh, good coaching wouldn't have kept him healthy.  Healthy players can develop, hard to develop when youre not playing, even practicing 

Sometimes its health, sometimes its the players themselves.  Mostly its the players themselves.  You have to really want it, put in the work.

Its to simple to blame all the coaches hes been around since he was drafted

50 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

A six round draft pick like Quez Watkins would have made a difference to our season?  What are the chances?  

About the same as one of our UDFAs like a Cager doing the same?

Fwiw, I can think of a 6th rounder who made a major difference in the NFL for the past 2 decades. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fwiw, I can think of a 6th rounder who made a major difference in the NFL for the past 2 decades. :)

So can I.  His name eludes me right now.  Plecko, Gecko, Art Decco, Klinko.....Klecko, that's it!!!!! ?

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Paradis said:
  • Paul Richardson - unlike Kevin White, he actually did something when he was healthy
  • Justin Hardy - adds ceiling, ST prowess, and TD success. Despite being ATL's annual #4, he still out produced White playing in a #1-2 role
  • Taylor Gabriel - obviously

You'd have a hard time selling me on White being a smarter choice than them. not to mention there's some value in spinning the wheel on some guys who had a good camp last year, but never made the cut--

• Jordan Lasley
  • Jazz Ferguson
  • Alex Wesley
  • Jamarius Way

This is only a conversation because we're talking about legitimately this guys might have to play games. We have no developmental talent to draw on. I can't even get into how talent depraved our WR corps... some teams are painfully deep - because they stack talent, even on the back end. 

Seriously THIS.   It’s pretty amazing just how poorly this franchise has failed in acquiring offensive playmakers, specifically the WR group.  Every year it’s the same story, they can’t even get a decent solid pair of receivers that you could count on for a multi year basis let alone a cohesive group with developmental guys and legit talent.  There has been so little talent at the position.  This is the reason that people overvalue guys like Robby Andersen and shake their fist at Joe Douglas for not re-signing him.   It’s mind numbing that an injury to Vyncint Smith has all of a sudden woken JD up about how little depth he had at the position.   Great, he used a 2nd round pick on Mims, but then proceeded to add nothing else.  Just a bunch of former first round busts and journeymen guys who are fringe roster players.   

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

People Jones is awful

yup.  It's prettyclear that the league, unlike the mock drafters, had the word on this guy.  wasn't he one of your pet peeves  @GREENBEAN?    I wanted AGG where we picked Morgan.  I don't mind Morgan as much as it bothers me we let AGG go somewhere else when we HAD him.  Right there.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 hours ago, Ghost said:

Kevin White and I have mutual friends. He went to a high school that’s about 10-15 minutes away. Some of our mutual friends just texted me and apparently he’s motivated. 

This is a super low risk - high reward type move. It cannot hurt. 

I’m glad he’s motivated now after all the promise in the world has seemingly disappeared. Was he not motivated previously? 

Again, i don’t think injuries were his only issue. He just didn’t come across as a WR, just more of an athlete. Is he willing to work on the details of his craft? That’s the million dollar question...

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

yup.  It's prettyclear that the league, unlike the mock drafters, had the word on this guy.  wasn't he one of your pet peeves  @GREENBEAN?    I wanted AGG where we picked Morgan.  I don't mind Morgan as much as it bothers me we let AGG go somewhere else when we HAD him.  Right there.

Nope. I was a big supporter in DPJ.  The world will see. That kid has the goods. He's one of those guys who sli[ped through the net of brilliance imo.  Kenny Willekas too for that matter. 

And I feel the same way about Morgan. Some of the mid rounders I liked best were just sitting there.  I'm still surprised we did that. AGG was good choice there Imo. 

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Seriously THIS.   It’s pretty amazing just how poorly this franchise has failed in acquiring offensive playmakers, specifically the WR group.  Every year it’s the same story, they can’t even get a decent solid pair of receivers that you could count on for a multi year basis let alone a cohesive group with developmental guys and legit talent.  There has been so little talent at the position.  This is the reason that people overvalue guys like Robby Andersen and shake their fist at Joe Douglas for not re-signing him.   It’s mind numbing that an injury to Vyncint Smith has all of a sudden woken JD up about how little depth he had at the position.   Great, he used a 2nd round pick on Mims, but then proceeded to add nothing else.  Just a bunch of former first round busts and journeymen guys who are fringe roster players.   

As a franchise, yes, all these defensive coaches and lame gms have punted on offense the past 15 years.  Nearly all the ‘impact’ players on offense have been imported, even going back to vinny and Curtis.  All the rbs, Thomas jones, LT, forte, etc, have been imported.  All the wrs, from braylon to decker to Holmes, have been imported.  I know there are names I’ve omitted and I’m grateful for this.  But yes, we’re all sick of it.

i think we’re all cautiously optimistic on douglas.  He seems to have had a good first draft and Leo trade was great, but not as great as the Adams haul.  Yet i think there are a lot of us wondering why they didn’t double up on quality wr prospects in this draft.  And to be fair he wasn’t all that high on mims to trade back and hope he fell to them.  

clearly the answer to this, from douglas’ perspective, is that the real answer is in improving the offensive line.  They must think darnold can be one of those qbs who can make ordinary wrs like chesson look decent if you give him a bit more time and a cleaner pocket.  We’ll see.

16 hours ago, Lith said:

Drafted by the Bears in 2015.  When Gase was their OC.  I really liked him a lot.  In 2015.  No harm bringing him in, but hard to be optimistic about him in 2020.

I actually don’t hate this.  Yes he’s a bust but he actually has some upside unlike scrubs like Hogan and Moncreif 

I watched a clip of White talking about his Bears career, and people labelling him as a bust.

He was quite impressive. Seems like a very smart and mature guy.

If he is signed, I will be rooting for him - although he faces long odds with his injury history.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You and Paul Richardson, lol.

Just like White, the league has given up on these guys, and for good reason.  Justin Hardy would be a decent option to bring in for a workout.  But these guys are really no better than the likes of Hogan and White.

I don't bring up Paul that often, i swear! 

I dunno. Those other guys to me have either shown they can produce, or the  promise of. White and Doctson have had the opportunity and have already shown to be lacking. 

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I don't bring up Paul that often, i swear! 

I dunno. Those other guys to me have either shown they can produce, or the  promise of. White and Doctson have had the opportunity and have already shown to be lacking. 

238 combined career catches over 137 games for Richardson and Hardy is "production"?  Doctson had 81 catches in 34 games.  If they "produced", so did Doctson.

I'll give you White, of course.  He hasn't caught a pass since December 2018.  A pure kicking-the-tires workout.  But again, he also hasn't been signed yet, so I don't see an issue.  It's not dissimilar to the Ravens working out Dez Bryant, who hasn't played since 2017 and turns 32 in November, then ultimately opting not to sign him. 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

238 combined career catches over 137 games for Richardson and Hardy is "production"?  Doctson had 81 catches in 34 games.  If they "produced", so did Doctson.

I'll give you White, of course.  He hasn't caught a pass since December 2018.  A pure kicking-the-tires workout.  But again, he also hasn't been signed yet, so I don't see an issue.  It's not dissimilar to the Ravens working out Dez Bryant, who hasn't played since 2017 and turns 32 in November, then ultimately opting not to sign him. 

did that happen? I wondered  about Dez, im surprized he cant still play

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

did that happen? I wondered  about Dez, im surprized he cant still play

Yep.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29705032/dez-bryant-leaves-ravens-tryout-deal-source-says

Dez Bryant leaves Ravens tryout without deal, source says

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Dez Bryant left his tryout with the Baltimore Ravens without a deal, a source said Thursday.

It's possible the Ravens could add Bryant at some point, but the source said nothing is imminent with the three-time Pro Bowl wide receiver.

Bryant, 31, is attempting to become the second Pro Bowl wide receiver to miss two full seasons and then to the NFL since the 1970 merger (Josh Gordon was the first), according to the Elias Sports Bureau. He hasn't played in a game since December 2017.

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You’re not wrong per say but Being the draft loser that I am in addition to fantasy addict, I’ve followed these guys all pretty closely. Doctson’s production wasn’t all that meaningful and generally wasn’t able to do the things he was billed to do out of TCU. Richardson Was at least able to deliver what was promised from time to time. Hardy I can’t explain. He made good on his targets at a 4