Happy Birthday Tuna

Turned the team around, turned us from a laughing stock into a legit force, and forever raised the expectations for the team.

Gave us one of the greatest Jets' teams and seasons in '98.

Just a pity it didn't last longer. Thanks, Tuna and Happy Birthday. Hope the man in the mirror is smiling at you today.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

After he gave us the 2nd best Jet team ever in 1998.

OK, here's where I point a gun at my temple. "But, but, Parcells gave the Jets respectability!" That and a handful of pennies won't get me on the subway. If I get drunk enough to have double vision I see two Super Bowl trophies not one, and then I'm just hungover the next day for my trouble.  

I don't mean to sound snippy so please don't take it personally, but it's a long standing gripe of mine where Jets fans deify this guy and they leave out the fact that he quit. The Jets under Parcells were the little engine that could, but guess what? It was one way train to Palookaville. I'm done with this guy. I was done with him THEN, lol. Have an average birthday, Bill, you overrated slob. 

• Thumb Down 1

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Fight me

I have a Black Belt in Karate Fakery. I do a lot of high pitched screaming, phony martial arts posturing, and some faux moves that resemble something vaguely Karate like. It usually works in NYC, but I haven't been down there since Dec., so who is to say. We can throw down at Applebees, I guess. : /

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

A fu*king Jeto appearance.  Whoo!  You made my day, madame. 

Well, hellloooo there. The Jets gonna somehow manage to Jet even when there's no football. We finally got our QB of the century and the wrorld becomes paralyzed by a pandemic. You can't make it up.

Please don't anyone misread. I am not making light of it on any scale or on any level or in any way, but if you don't somehow manage to find sick twisted humor in things you'll never emotionally survive. The Jets have taught me this valuable lesson through a lifetime of pain.

• Sympathy 1

20 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Turned the team around, turned us from a laughing stock into a legit force, and forever raised the expectations for the team.

Gave us one of the greatest Jets' teams and seasons in '98.

Just a pity it didn't last longer. Thanks, Tuna and Happy Birthday. Hope the man in the mirror is smiling at you today.

Translation: he gave me nothing. More fawning, disproportionate love and accolades for bringing the Jets to the pinnacle, not delivering, and then quitting.  I decided to can the dump truck idea seeing as it's a minimum of 20 years old now. I'm changing it up. If I ever see him I'll push his face in or kick him in his ass. Requires more thinking.

I hope the man in the mirror had an average birthday yesterday, seeing as he's still an overrated slob a day later. Anyway, how's by you, coops?