La'Mical Perine

JohnnyLV

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets haven't had a scat back RB like this kid in a long time,looking forward to seeing him break off some long runs. 

What was the knock on him or concerns coming out of college that had him drop?  I remember thinking there were at least 10 better RBs than him but I'd be thrilled to once again be wrong about a rookie!

12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

What was the knock on him or concerns coming out of college that had him drop?  I remember thinking there were at least 10 better RBs than him but I'd be thrilled to once again be wrong about a rookie!

I didnt know who he was...

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/lamical-perine/CSXbLdLoSB

there are 3 opinions there....   looks ikje he was picked more than less where expected...

• Upvote 1

On 8/22/2020 at 11:51 AM, Losmeister said:

I didnt know who he was...

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/lamical-perine/CSXbLdLoSB

there are 3 opinions there....   looks ikje he was picked more than less where expected...

Those are very interesting and similar opinions.  In short, not a fancy, flashy elusive guy but gets to the hole, can break some tackles, has some speed and understands where to go.  I think Gase likes those kinds of guys.  Quite honestly, sounds a bit like Bilal Powell.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Perine is not a scat back. Comps have him as a Bilal Powell type. Average speed, agility and strength.  Will take what you give him.

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Those are very interesting and similar opinions.  In short, not a fancy, flashy elusive guy but gets to the hole, can break some takes, has some speed and understands where to go.  I think Gase likes those kinds of guys.  Quite honestly, sounds a bit like Bilal Powell.

Faster than Powell I think. 

Let's hope he turns out to be a good one, we deserve a break. 

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Those are very interesting and similar opinions.  In short, not a fancy, flashy elusive guy but gets to the hole, can break some takes, has some speed and understands where to go.  I think Gase likes those kinds of guys.  Quite honestly, sounds a bit like Bilal Powell.

yeah, i thoought it was interesting too.

btw, cos of your icon, I feel like I am talking football with Bill ******* Murray...    it's weird

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Perine could easily be the only RB on this year's team that makes it to next year's team. Bell appears to be motivated, but his $11.5M price tag next year might be a little too rich for Joe D's blood. A solid rookie year from Perine could make cutting Bell a lot easier. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok he's not a SCAT BACK I'm not going to sit here and argue over it. 

He's a burner with second level speed in the open field he's hard to catch. 

Watch the videos. 

You guys win, happy now. 

He ran a 4.62 forty at the combine, hes not a burner who's hard to catch

You shouldnt argue over it. 

• Upvote 3

Scatback

What is Scatback?

A slang term in football that refers to a running back that is valued for speed and athletic ability over size and brute strength.

hu8d

Sporting Charts explains Scatback

A "scatback" is a halfback or tailback and is more of a utility back than a traditional running back. Whereas a traditional tailback or fullback tends to run vertically through offensive tackles, relying on power to shrug off and shed tacklers, scatbacks are more versatile, and are often used in rushing plays to the outside parts of the field. Since scatbacks possess more speed, they can reach the outside and "turn the corner" faster than traditional backs, beating defenders and gaining yardage away from the largest mass of players on the field.

Quick running backs like the scatback also tend to be the target of more receptions from the quarterback, receiving screen passes and passes in the flat. They are more of a threat in the open field, as their size and speed can cause defenders to miss tackles, creating a larger potential for big plays. Since scatbacks also tend to be smaller than many players, they can use their size to their advantage by hiding behind the offensive line, making it harder for defenses to locate them during a play. Some scatbacks will also often play a role on special teams as kickoff and punt returners, using their speed and maneuverability to provide their team with good field position.

“Youngest to oldest, oldest to youngest. I don’t know how to go and categorize It.” 

I think Bell is my favorite player on the team right now. Even if he leaves next year I will always root for him. The guy is awesome. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok he's not a SCAT BACK I'm not going to sit here and argue over it. 

He's a burner with second level speed in the open field he's hard to catch. 

Watch the videos. 

You guys win, happy now. 

He's not a burner, either. The Bilal Powell comp, I think, fits him well. He's an all around back, capable of rushing, receiving, and blocking. And it's that blocking ability that will give the coaches the trust they need to put him on the field. He's a perfect RB by committee member. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Watch the video. 

Not arguing with you. 

I've watched the videos and still think youre wrong

Hes a 4.6 back, thats not what youve been describing.  You shouldnt argue with anyone, dont know why you want to, no one is arguing

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I've watched the videos and still think youre wrong

Hes a 4.6 back, thats not what youve been describing.  You shouldnt argue with anyone, dont know why you want to

Ok i'm wrong. 

You are right. 

I should have thought of a better word to describe him. 

Hope you are feeling better.