La'Mical Perine

JohnnyLV

43 minutes ago, Drums said:

“Youngest to oldest, oldest to youngest. I don’t know how to go and categorize It.” 

I think Bell is my favorite player on the team right now. Even if he leaves next year I will always root for him. The guy is awesome. 

Damn right.

He's been my favorite player in the league for a long time.

And Bell is going to show what a special player he is in 2020, because he is fit.  He will make it hard for JD to let him go after this season.

As for Perine?  I saw him in person twice at The Swamp.  Meh.  Does everything pretty well.  A grinder.  But lacks "great" at anything.   Best thing he does is as a goal line back.  He slashes, powers forward, spins, dives, reaches... whatever he has to do to get in.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ghost420 said:

4.6 40

When I was younger I enjoyed the flashy RBS more, valued speed. But the reality is Emmitt Smith is the ultimate skill set you want in a rb. Vision, skills between the tackles , contact balance,  and adequate receiving skills. 

Cj spiller had flash,  but he ultimately failed and even sucked when real football was being played. 

Perine was a solid pick, and fits the skill set you want 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

What was the knock on him or concerns coming out of college that had him drop?  I remember thinking there were at least 10 better RBs than him but I'd be thrilled to once again be wrong about a rookie!

Once again a team captain, good versatility and rarely injured. JD type of player

136937_2.jpg
DOB (Age): 1/30/1998 (22)
HT/WT: PLAYER NEWS
  • Jets selected Florida RB Lamical Perine with the No. 120 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Cousin to Bengals RB Samaje Perine and Jaguars OLB Myles Jack, Perine (5'11/216) led the Gators in rushing in his final three seasons despite falling short of 140 carries in every year. While he tested as an average Joe across the board at Indy's combine, PFF charted him with just one drop on 55 targets in 2019, which were inexplicably 14 more than his previous three years combined. Those proven receiving chops combined with his burning desire to pass-block is expected to land him a third-down role in a committee at the next level. Perine will only be serviceable in fantasy if he somehow unseats Josh Adams or Trenton Cannon behind Le'Veon Bell.

Apr 25, 2020, 12:46 PM ET
    • NFL Media's Lance Zierlein wrote that Florida RB Lamical Perine is "more grinder than playmaker."

"He's most skilled in the early stages of the run, where his sticky feet and quick eyes help him find his initial rush tracks, but his lack of burst and second-level creativity make him more of a grinder than a playmaker," Zierlein wrote in his analysis of Perine (5'11/216). The former Florida running back performed well in the on-field drills at the NFL Scouting Combine, and while not explosive he's the kind of back that could provide good value on Day 3 of next month's draft.

SOURCE: NFL.com
      Mar 19, 2020, 11:03 AM ET
      • Florida RB Lamical Perine ran the 40-yard dash in 4.62 seconds at the NFL Scouting Combine.

About what you would expect on the speed front with Perine. He helped himself on the whole with his testing gauntlet, showing off the same soft hands as a pass-catcher which he displayed at Florida -- he is also a rockin' blocker -- while turning in a respectably-hopped vertical jump of 35 inches. The 5-foot-11, 216-pound Perine is one of our favorite Day 3 possibilities. He does a little bit of everything and does all those little bits in solid fashion. NFL Network's Kimberly Jones highlighted Perine as one of the stronger overall performers from Friday evening's workouts.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JoshAllenPower said:

When I was younger I enjoyed the flashy RBS more, valued speed. But the reality is Emmitt Smith is the ultimate skill set you want in a rb. Vision, skills between the tackles , contact balance,  and adequate receiving skills. 

Cj spiller had flash,  but he ultimately failed and even sucked when real football was being played. 

Perine was a solid pick, and fits the skill set you want 

Smith also played behind one of the best olines ever

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Smith also played behind one of the best olines ever

Whenever Emmitt didn't play during the 90s , no other rb could even come close to his production.  As I've become a wiser football fan, I'd take Emmitt over Barry Sanders every time. Derrick Lassick, Curvin Richards,  Sherman Williams,  they all sucked even with that oline...

Emmitt Smith is arguably the greatest rb ever. You can make a reasonable argument. His shoulder game vs the g-men in 93 put him in the hof imo

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, JoshAllenPower said:

Whenever Emmitt didn't play during the 90s , no other rb could even come close to his production.  As I've become a wiser football fan, I'd take Emmitt over Barry Sanders every time. Derrick Lassick, Curvin Richards,  Sherman Williams,  they all sucked even with that oline...

Emmitt Smith is arguably the greatest rb ever. You can make a reasonable argument. His shoulder game vs the g-men in 93 put him in the hof imo

I wouldn’t have Smith in my top 5

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Then , why not keep BILAL ???

I’m just guessing, but I think Joe Douglas may have thought that he could get a similar player who’s 10 years younger and on a much cheaper contract.  Once again JD is playing chess when other GMs are playing checkers.  But, given that this is a copycat league, I bet other GMs will start doing things like this.

9 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Was just thinking after I saw this: Could Perine possibly be in a better situation as a young RB? To be able to learn from and emulate Frank Gore and his work ethic, Bell's experience and knowledge is amazing for the young RB. It really puts him into a unique opportunity to really maximize his abilities and be a staple of this team for years to come. Had not heard anyone mention this but it is a key for this season and they clearly have a good relationship already. 

Frank Gore is on the Jets.

holy moly.

(I knew this but I didn't know this but I forgot it but I am reminded by this)