La'Mical Perine

JohnnyLV

2 hours ago, MykePM said:

Good one, but my scatback pick will always be Bruce Harper - who was probably my first favorite Jet.

I lived in Tampa Bay for many years. All through the old orange uniform days. Reporter: “Coach McKay, how do you feel about your team’s execution”? Coach John McKay: “l’m all for it.”  Moved to NYC in 07 and For some reason have gotten hooked on the futile fun of the Jets! 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I wouldn’t have Smith in my top 5

I wouldn’t even have Smith even in the top 10. I’m not going by stats but by pure talent. Brown, Campbell, Sanders, Payton, Dickerson, Jackson, Dorset, Faulk, OJ, Peterson, Sayers, Herschel Walker, LT. In fact, talent wise, Smith isn’t in top 20. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

I wouldn’t even have Smith even in the top 10. I’m not going by stats but by pure talent. Brown, Campbell, Sanders, Payton, Dickerson, Jackson, Dorset, Faulk, OJ, Peterson, Sayers, Herschel Walker, LT. In fact, talent wise, Smith isn’t in top 20. 

No love for Curtis Martin? 

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Postseason performance keeps him out of that category.  Martin was a very good back for a long time, but never truly an elite back at any time.  

I remember 1 snowy day against the Steelers he was rather elite. Soo great, thats a fond memory for me of Curt.

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So the only time Curtis Martin was "elite' was a regular season snow game where the Jets won, 6-0.

That's nice.

No, not the only lol. Just one of my fondest memories. Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought the NFL HOF was a landmark of the leagues Elite players? No? ?

38 minutes ago, TNJet said:

No, not the only lol. Just one of my fondest memories. Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought the NFL HOF was a landmark of the leagues Elite players? No? ?

Elite has many definitions.  Some consider longevity an aspect of being elite in the NFL, especially at a position that doesn't have a long shelf life.

Me, I'd rather have a dominant back, like say Earl Campbell, for 4 years than a very good back for 12.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Elite has many definitions.  Some consider longevity an aspect of being elite in the NFL, especially at a position that doesn't have a long shelf life.

Me, I'd rather have a dominant back, like say Earl Campbell, for 4 years than a very good back for 12.  

While I understand the point we will just agree to disagree brother. Much respect.

On 8/22/2020 at 3:14 PM, Jet Nut said:

He ran a 4.62 forty at the combine, hes not a burner who's hard to catch

You shouldnt argue over it. 

He is definitely faster than 4.62 in pads.  You watch his film and you see him running away from defenders.  

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He ran a 4.62 at the combine, without pads.  No one is faster with pads.

I dont know

Okay maybe I didn't word that correctly.  He plays faster than he times as he seems to shift to a higher gear on some of his runs.   I have definitely seen him accelerate downfield.  

16 hours ago, JoshAllenPower said:

Football speed, and reaction time during a real football game is different than timed speed.  

Thanks, that is what I was trying to say.  He definitely plays faster than you would expect based on his 40 time. 

19 hours ago, Warfish said:

So just so I say it right, his name is pronounced "Lee Michael Pee Rine" is that correct?  That seems to be how it was said in the vids on page 1.

I’ve heard the first name pronounced to rhyme with “comical,” but the last name you’d think he’d change up. Tony DOORsut changed his to doorSET, you’d think it would be in PEE-rhine’s interest to change it to peh-REEN. That’s how I was pronouncing it. ? 

17 minutes ago, slats said:

I’ve heard the first name pronounced to rhyme with “comical,” but the last name you’d think he’d change up. Tony DOORsut changed his to doorSET, you’d think it would be in PEE-rhine’s interest to change it to peh-REEN. That’s how I was pronouncing it. ? 

Aye, when he was drafted I'm pretty sure I said outloud "Le'Michael Perine (like Errand)", a RB, cool.  I want to root for him correctly tbqh.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Okay maybe I didn't word that correctly.  He plays faster than he times as he seems to shift to a higher gear on some of his runs.   I have definitely seen him accelerate downfield.  

I agree he seems to look faster than number.

But I will also say, to me, I cant tell what any of these guys 40 times should be watching them play.   I get fast, medium and slow.  Highlight runs into the open field always loom blazing fast.  No matter who's running

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I agree he seems to look faster than number.

But I will also say, to me, I cant tell what any of these guys 40 times should be watching them play.   I get fast, medium and slow.  Highlight runs into the open field always loom blazing fast.  No matter who's running

I agree.  Some videos seem to be speeded up a little.  The best indicator is when I see a guy running and not getting caught very easily from behind. 

• Upvote 1