Maxman

Kim Jones asked Adam Gase about Sam Darnold

Still laughing that @T0mShane can be labeled an optimistic homer. Troll of the highest order sure ... Optimistic Homer is a definite stretch.

After this long the fact that you root for a very bad, horribly managed team should just be taken for what it is. You don't have to let them hurt you @bitonti . Come join me laughing into the abyss.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

this entire board overrates Sam Darnold as an athlete 

you just compared him to Lamar Jackson for pete's sake

So when he fails and we sacrifice him to the Jets Football Gods you can have the honor of lightning the sacrificial pyre with a smile on your face. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Bitonti have you ever watched Aaron Rodgers or Pat Mahomes play football y/n

That’s really not fair to Bitonti because Sam would be making those twisted leg throws to crappy players like Tyreek Hill, Kelsey, Watkins, Robinson ect. so I’m sure Sam is a bust anyway. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

translation it's year 3 and Sam Darnold still has atrocious footwork 

he's not a rookie anymore 

im not sure that the ability to make decent arm throws all twisted up off the back foot is something to build a franchise around 

and side note every time i look at 14 i see Quenton Nelson and 3 second round picks

imagine a left side of Becton and Nelson 

Its amazing how much you seem to dislike Sam yet that lard turd Dfat was the greatest thing since sliced bread to you as you man championed him for his entire (Brief) NFL tenure.  

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

this entire board overrates Sam Darnold as an athlete 

you just compared him to Lamar Jackson for pete's sake

There are also pure pocket passers like Cousins, Brady and Manning. You see how I also just compared Cousins and Tom Brady? Did I suggest Cousins is as good as Brady? 

I am really not surprised that you can't grasp the concept that Darnold is a mobile QB that makes  plays outside the pocket (like Jackson) yet isn't as fast or as good at making long rushing plays like Jackson.  

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

im not sure that the ability to make decent arm throws all twisted up off the back foot is something to build a franchise around 

and side note every time i look at 14 i see Quenton Nelson and 3 second round picks

Who is the qb?

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

Translation:

You've been reduced to a being nothing more than a troll.  

46 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Who is the qb?

Wait we need a QB?  

Hed rather have a G than a QB.  He thinks hes a personnel guy, hes a MM GM.  3 years after the fact decides that he wanted a G over a QB.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, bitonti said:

The team had Teddy Bridgewater that offseason 

You make pointless comments about Sams arm, which is more than strong enough, stronger than most and then bring up Teddy Bridgewater forgetting he has a Chad like arm.  Stay away from QB arm talk.  

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They grossly overpaid Mo Wilkerson. Grossly overpaid for Revis II, grossly overpaid Trumaine Johnson, grossly overpaid Brian Winters, grossly overpaid both McCown and Fitzpatrick, grossly overpaid Lev Bell, grossly overpaid CJ Mosley. They’re not cheap. They’re dope

Don't forget Quincy Enunwa. And  Ryan Kalil . 

• Upvote 1

Oh look, another thread hijacked by Bitonti's go-to "Johnson's are cheap" rants.  Always a fun time.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

8 hours ago, Barton said:

Gase doesnt use Darnolds skillset properly. He's not a pure pocket passer. He needs to use Darnold similar to how Andy Reid uses Mahomes. Get him moving alittle bit.

I don't like Gase anymore than the next guy...but not EVERYTHING is his fault, I am sorry.

49 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh look, another thread hijacked by Bitonti's go-to "Johnson's are cheap" rants.  Always a fun time.

The best part is, it isn't even true.

It's about as real as DeWayne Robertson and Vernon Gholston's talent, which he swore by.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He’s never backed up his statement to the best of my knowledge. 

there are plenty of articles and analysis that says he’s full of dog poo

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/4/13/18302286/nfl-teams-have-paid-out-101-percent-of-the-salary-cap-over-the-past-4-years

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

I’m excited to watch Darnold play this season. Year 1 he had an injury and year 2 he had mono.  He showed some promise at the end of the season.  This season will be challenging for all players with a different training camp since there are no preseason games.  

While I am not a fan of Gase I’m hoping things work out with him and Darnold.  Would be tough to give him a third HC in his fourth season.  

I'm a Bill's fan. So I'm not biased.  If you switched Darnold with Andy reid and Mahomes with Gase,  ppl would be talking about Darnold like hes Marino for christ sake. 

Darnold. Is. Not. The. Issue...

Gase is!!!

the only problem Darnold isn't that kind of athlete
he's OK
he's not Lamar Jackson. Burrow ran a 4.59 
Darnold is like a 4.9 guy
serious question in a footrace with all those players, who comes in last? 
even duck walking Mahomes runs faster than Darnold 

Burrow ran a 4.59 where?
He didn’t run at the combine and LSU’s pro day was canceled.
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Mogglez said:

The best part is, it isn't even true.

It's about as real as DeWayne Robertson and Vernon Gholston's talent, which he swore by.

he says he gave up the dream of being a scout because of travel, pay, etc.

LOL like he had a job locked up off that resume

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

he says he gave up the dream of being a scout because of travel, pay, etc.

LOL like he had a job locked up off that resume

the problem with being an NFL scout, which i would have hated, is that you can't express any opinions in public 

I never ever not once, not even for a second wanted to be an NFL scout

I have always been a writer and I've always enjoyed giving away my unwanted opinions. 

Going to Mobile was more about seeing the football and hanging out with other writers. It was not about becoming an NFL scout. 

now... folks can say alot of things about me, how I'm fat, and like Dewayne Robertson too much. and yes i question why I even follow this team anymore on a daily basis 

but making up this "fake-scout" stuff is libel. It's like a fantasy others made up about me. 

it was never a dream of mine to make a huge report about every defensive lineman in the southeast conference for 9 months and have Bill Parcells throw it in a trash can unread on draft day - supposedly that's how he treated the scouts in the late 90's. 

49 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the problem with being an NFL scout, which i would have hated, is that you can't express any opinions in public 

I never ever not once, not even for a second wanted to be an NFL scout

I have always been a writer and I've always enjoyed giving away my unwanted opinions. 

Going to Mobile was more about seeing the football and hanging out with other writers. It was not about becoming an NFL scout. 

now... folks can say alot of things about me, how I'm fat, and like Dewayne Robertson too much. and yes i question why I even follow this team anymore on a daily basis 

but making up this "fake-scout" stuff is libel. It's like a fantasy others made up about me. 

it was never a dream of mine to make a huge report about every defensive lineman in the southeast conference for 9 months and have Bill Parcells throw it in a trash can unread on draft day - supposedly that's how he treated the scouts in the late 90's. 

Libel?

I was kidding, relax.   

• Haha 1