Training Camp Tweets 8/23

kdels62

16 minutes ago, choon328 said:

You don't know it's a false positive till the next day. It just looks like 10 positives. The NFL is not rescheduling or pushing games bc of Covid bc they expanded the practice squad for this exact issue. 

The turnover on this was less than 18 hours. The CBA only allows 2 players to be moved off the practice squad into the active roster, it is not a game day lifeline. 

The NFL should try to get Saturday games approved to allow some leeway on testing.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, choon328 said:

You should relax.  I explained what I meant by my post and you chose to respond like you're my father.  I'm trying to figure out the hypocrisy with which you are using when it comes to policing words. At this point you can either choose to treat everyone like you did me or stop targeting me.  It's old

If I realized you were such a little whiner, I would've picked on you a long time ago. 

One big difference between the post you referenced and the one you made is that the poster of the other one recognized his mistake and commented accordingly. You, instead, doubled down on a useless, crap post that has no place here. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

What do you mean? We have the best tests....... right?

You proved @KRL point!

1 hour ago, KRL said:

This is huge but it will be glossed over or made political.
The testing is not reliable:

Connor Hughes@Connor_J_Hughes 9m

Adam Gase said the #Jets got 10 false-positive tests yesterday.

Connor Hughes@Connor_J_Hughes 11m

Gase said the laboratory issue the NFL is dealing with forced the
#Jets to cancel their walkthrough last night.

58 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Tons of concerns and negatives right now.  But I'd like to at least think a little about the positives from the past day or so...

1. Nathan Shepherd looks to be the real deal at DT in a rotational role.  He's confirming during camp what we saw happen last year following the suspension.  I'll admit I thought he'd soon be a goner.  A Macc pick (subject to a JD purge of Macc picks), a suspension, and an older mid-round guy who wasn't doing much at the time.  He's done a 180.

2. McDougald.  He can't do everything Jamal did but he can do about 90% of it....and that 90% includes all the things you need in order to be a good Safety.  He seems smart, athletic enough and has some leadership skills.  I don't think we'll see a drop-off at S.... we just won't see as many "dynamic plays" at the LOS which, quite frankly, we should be getting from other players outside the Safety position anyway.

3. Lawrence Cager - He was high on the lists of a lot of our deep draftnik guys and was a big UDFA target.  The past few days we were hearing about drops.  My guess is that many of those were due to him pressing.  Imagine being a UDFA, not thinking you have much of a shot to make the team and then a door opens for you because of injuries to Mims, Vyncint Smith, etc.  You're now on the field getting time and you're essentially trying to make the team on every pass thrown your way.  I think he's settled down and getting more reps is a good thing for this guy.  He can't do everything, he has limitations and isn't an extremely well-rounded WR....but he does have a role and he's starting to carve out a specialty near the goal line as a size guy who can catch jump balls, etc.

4. Chris Hogan.  What the hell would the Jets be doing if they didn't have this guy right now?  Seriously.  No Perriman, Mims, Vyncint Smith, etc. at today's practice.  It would have been Crowder and a bunch of random dudes running routes.  Not only does it look like he's a solid veteran presence....he's performing well.  Looks like a slightly younger version of a healthy Demyrius Thomas.

5. Frank Gore.  Running sprints on a separate field when he's not playing?  This dude leads by example.  Anything he contributes on the field will be great, but his greatest contribution will be serving as a role model to younger guys.  And, not just RB Perine.  This is a young team that's turned over the roster a lot....they will all benefit by seeing what a real work ethic looks like.  Think about it...JD wants a younger team, yet he keeps guys like McClendon (on a fairly deep 3-4 DLine) and signs Frank Gore....yet gets rid of Leo Williams, Jamal Adams, etc.  This camp has been quite ugly but there's a culture being built here.

I hate quoting myself but I just realized that all but one of the guys I mentioned (Shepherd) has been added in the past few days (Hogan), weeks (McDougald), or months (Gore, Cager).  I'm not sure if that means anything or not because there are other bright spots amongst guys who have been here prior to JD.  Notably it's sounding like Herndon, Wesco, Jenkins, Austin, and Maye are all having pretty good camps.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I was not thrilled with the Gore signing at the time and I still debate how much he will bring to the team running but there is something to be said for leadership and older guys working their tails off and showing younger guys what they need to do to succeed and prepare.

Exactly!  All we need to do is answer the question, "Would we rather have our rookies and young guys learning how to be a Pro by watching how Gore works or listening to how someone like Jamal talks?"

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Can we also agree that the 1 or 2 WRs taken after the 3rd round this past year that end up being really good will be the one all of you wanted the Jets to take and the other 20 that end up being busts won't be brought up again?

Should be noted that YA BOY TomShane wanted Maccagnan to draft David Montgomery and Terry McLaurin last year and ROB sh*t all over those two guys and both look like future HoFers. EAD ROB

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Can we also agree that the 1 or 2 WRs taken after the 3rd round this past year that end up being really good will be the one all of you wanted the Jets to take and the other 20 that end up being busts won't be brought up again?

When you say "all of you" you definitely do not mean me. I stated the exact player I would have drafted and exactly when. Instead of Zuniga I would have drafted Devin Duvernay in that spot.

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Should be noted that YA BOY TomShane wanted Maccagnan to draft David Montgomery and Terry McLaurin last year and ROB sh*t all over those two guys and both look like future HoFers. EAD ROB

Proof? If there is one thing about draft prospects it's that you rarely mention them before the draft.

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

He can't do everything, he has limitations and isn't an extremely well-rounded WR....but he does have a role and he's starting to carve out a specialty near the goal line as a size guy who can catch jump balls, etc.

Think Julius Thomas from when Gase was OC at Denver!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Edge > 3rd/4th WR. 

Availability > Riding a stationary bike

"OWINGS MILLS, Md. — Ravens rookie wide receivers Devin Duvernay and James Proche have been impressive throughout training camp.

Both players have caught almost every pass thrown to them. 

Duvermay and Proche have also shown exceptional speed and are poised to make a significant impact in their first year with the team either on special teams or with the offense."

https://www.si.com/nfl/ravens/news/ravens-proche-duvernay0822

I can see the argument for either player. I'm excited by Zuniga's athleticism, but his inability to get on the practice field is troubling. Meanwhile, Duvernay looks like a player out of the gate while the Jets have Jeff Smith and Josh Malone running with the ones. 

I'm all in on Joe D, but I would've liked another WR in the draft, and Duvernay in the third would've made me happy. Jets now need to field a competent WR corps, and also have these guys they took instead of another WR (Zuniga, Morgan) work out. 

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I heard that the defense sent all their fire and leadership to the Seahawks a few weeks ago ?????? V??

Jamal would be finding a table to hide under right about now.  

Jamal ain’t tell y’all our sophomore year in college they had a fight at lance party and he was under the table hiding ,where that chip on yo shoulder was than
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, slats said:

"OWINGS MILLS, Md. — Ravens rookie wide receivers Devin Duvernay and James Proche have been impressive throughout training camp.

Duvermay and Proche have also shown exceptional speed and are poised to make a significant impact in their first year with the team either on special teams or with the offense."

I can see the argument for either player. I'm excited by Zuniga's athleticism, but his inability to get on the practice field is troubling. Meanwhile, Duvernay looks like a player out of the gate while the Jets have Jeff Smith and Josh Malone running with the ones. 

I'm all in on Joe D, but I would've liked another WR in the draft, and Duvernay in the third would've made me happy. Jets now need to field a competent WR corps, and also have these guys they took instead of another WR (Zuniga, Morgan) work out. 

So we should have taken the 21st ranked WR over the 6th rated Edge at pick 79? 

Folks have been crying over the BAP draft theory and stating that Positional
value must be considered. So JD drafts a position of high value in his 1st draft. 
A few injuries happen then the 20/20 crowd says he should have drafted another WR. JD can’t win either way. “We don’t have an edge rusher... we needed another WR in round 3” 

Cant predict a thigh contusion or strain. 

WR Lynn Bowden & Bryan Edwards were taken immediately after Zuniga. Why are there no reports on these 2? Instead we cherry pick a WR drafted the 2nd most prolific scoring offense 15 picks later and say “we should have taken him”

Cant make this $h!+ up. 

Edited by 32EBoozer
Pissed off at the SOJF complaining
  • Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, slats said:

I'm not saying Duvernay will, or won't be good, but training camp reports are meaningless. 

Cager has looked like a hero based on the last 2 days of training camp reports. 

• Upvote 3