Why are ppl counting out the Patriots???

Cam is seemingly healthy,  even if hes 90% that's still a helluva qb

Their coach is great

Oline is above average 

Their wrs are meh but Edelman can still kill u on 3rd down. 

The oline is legit top 5

And they have young guys all over the front 7 with lots of talent to go with the best secondary in the NFL imho.

I still see 10 wins minimum 

This is assuming none of their young players break out either

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

You lost me at Cam is a helluva QB. 

Exactly. When healthy he is in bottom 3 for QB rating over the last 5 years. And he cannot stay healthy.

However I still would not  understimate the Cheatriots. Patriots would run the wishbone of Belichick thought it would win. Plus Belichick wants to prove he can win without Brady just like Brady wants the reverse.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Exactly. When healthy he is in bottom 3 for QB rating over the last 5 years. And he cannot stay healthy.

However I still would not  understimate the Cheatriots. Patriots would run the wishbone of Belichick thought it would win. Plus Belichick wants to prove he can win without Brady just like Brady wants the reverse.

Qb rating gives a rough idea of a qb. Tannehil had a higher qb rating than newton in his mvp season 

Who is better 

2 hours ago, JoshAllenPower said:

Their coach is great

Oline is above average 

The oline is legit top 5

And they have young guys all over the front 7 with lots of talent to go with the best secondary in the NFL imho.

Lots of question marks here.  Brady gone.  Their OL coach (Dante Scarnecchia) retired.  I think they had a couple of good players opt-out.  Is Cam really still good at this point?  And how well will he mesh with BB? 

BB is their best hope (and, admittedly, he's a lot).

• Upvote 3

I follow their camp tweets, and the feeling was Stidham was outplaying Cam until he go injured a couple days ago.  Now it looks like Cam will be the de facto starter and he hasn’t looked good at all, throwing multiple picks.

Also their wrs are bad, their Oline lost one of their good tackles and depth to Covid, and they had the most opt outs of any team in the league.  
they now have jags as lbers (last year they had the best lb core in the league), and their secondary lost starters to Covid.

They still have a bit more talent than us, but it’s hard to see how they beat Buffalo and Darnold will win more games than Cam.  I think they’ll be a 500 team at best.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Hael said:

I follow their camp tweets, and the feeling was Stidham was outplaying Cam until he go injured a couple days ago.  Now it looks like Cam will be the de facto starter and he hasn’t looked good at all, throwing multiple picks.

that is a lie. What camp notes you seen? Stidham was not looking good before the injury and had thrown more INTs the any of than QBs?

https://sports.yahoo.com/cam-newton-vs-jarrett-stidham-221412415.html

Cam Newton vs. Jarrett Stidham: Newton separates himself with uptick in workload

Outplaying was the wrong word.. Stidham had the presumptive leg up bc of his familiarity with the system according to the beat writers, but neither he nor Cam has played well In tc, and he’s now injured.  Hoyer on the other hand has outplayed both.

in any event it’s not a good look for the Pats.

1 hour ago, Hael said:

Also their wrs are bad, their Oline lost one of their good tackles and depth to Covid, and they had the most opt outs of any team in the league.  
they now have jags as lbers (last year they had the best lb core in the league), and their secondary lost starters to Covid.

They still have a bit more talent than us, but it’s hard to see how they beat Buffalo and Darnold will win more games than Cam.  I think they’ll be a 500 team at best.

Their wrs are  not bad... they are decent. Their te talent is upgraded big time. Their oline is excellent.  And uche / Jennings are not jags. Lots of talent.  They added dugger to the best secondary in the league 

38 minutes ago, JoshAllenPower said:

Their wrs are  not bad... they are decent. Their te talent is upgraded big time. Their oline is excellent.  And uche / Jennings are not jags. Lots of talent.  They added dugger to the best secondary in the league 

Edelman is still a good receiver, but he’s getting old and coming off an injury.  Sanu is slow, coming off an injury and played poorly, and Nkeal is also slow, injured and looked really bad last year.  Their TEs were the worst in football last year, and they replaced them with rookies.  Yea, I don’t see it.  It’s bottom tier by NFL standards.

As far as rookies replacing established vets.. yea I don’t see it.

3 hours ago, JoshAllenPower said:

Qb rating gives a rough idea of a qb. Tannehil had a higher qb rating than newton in his mvp season 

Who is better 

I think that right now Tannehill is better. Cam was a "sum of his parts" running QB. He is missing many of those parts and is just not a good enough passer

9 hours ago, JoshAllenPower said:

Their coach is great

Oline is above average 

The oline is legit top 5

Dude, put down the bong.

The OL is good but I would like to see why you grade them out at top 5. Brady had a lot to do with the success  by getting rid of the ball fast. Edleman is not going to be the same WR either. Cam has never been known as a guy that makes these fast accurate  passes. I actually expect to see rhe same Cam we have seen for years.  A guy that does nothing for 3 qrts and then pads his stats in the 4th when the game is out of reach. Cam will probably  be benched by the 6th or 7th game if he even starts the season.

Cam Newton is a top QB when healthy, he hasn't been healthy in a long time and he's coming in to an offense without a lot of talent having to learn a new system that has only worked with the greatest QB of all time.

Add in the HC has been mostly a disaster without the greatest QB of all time and it's easy to see why people are down on NE.

I think Buffalo is the most talented but there's no great team in this division so I wouldn't count any team out but NE doesn't scare me at all now that the reason for their dynasty is gone.

10 hours ago, JoshAllenPower said:

Their coach is great

Oline is above average 

The oline is legit top 5

Dude, PatsNation.com ------>

This is JetNation.

I mean really, was the thread title a serious question?  Jets fans are discounting the Pats BECAUSE THEY'RE JETS FANS ffs.  Lol. ?