Why are ppl counting out the Patriots???

They had 3 players opt out, their starting RT (Cannon))their MLB (Hightower), and SS (Chung). 
Edelman is 34 years old & has taken a lot of punishment over the years & Cam isn’t close to as accurate or at getting the ball out quickly like Brady! He’ll take some horrific hits this year reaching for a few. 
Their TEs are not as good as the Jets group, when is the last time we could say that? 
After Edelman you have Sanu? Harry? Both slow. I’d take Perriman + Mims duo over them. 
Dante Scarnecchia retired (might be the best Oline coach in NFL history). 
Their LBs are pedestrian. They will start our castoff. 
They won’t be able to control TOP without Bradys accuracy in converting 3rd downs, resulting in more punts & their defense having to play at least 3/4 series on defense than they use to. 
They were incredible healthy last year, that could change in an instant. Playing without fans? They were a DOMINENT home field team, rarely losing at home. 
Lawrence Guy abused our Oline last year & now we have a guy in Becton that should be able to slow him down. At 6-4” 315 Guy overpowered the weaker Beachum. Becton matches up easily at 6-7” 360. I’m more worried about true speed edge rushers vs Becton than power rushers. 
I think the Jets match up very well against the Patriots this year. Revamped secondary vs pedestrian group of WRs + TEs. Big good Dline to stop the Pats running game. Herndon back to abuse their weak LB unit. 3 good RBs that can catch & run to to stretch those weak LBs into the flats to open up the middle for Crowder to work. I like our chances this year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, JoshAllenPower said:

I guess. What if hes not?

Then they will have a Cam Newton who is passing from the pocket and not using any of his skills that made him stand out in the first place. Does a pocket passer Cam scare anyone?

BB for years has used the plug and play players for his O-line. Cannon will be a lost but not as big as some want to think. Reports, I. Wynn has been the most impressive lineman in camp thus far. They have won a SB without Scarnecchia, again a lose but not as big as some would think.

Secondary still pretty strong

Cam Newton will not be asked to perform the same offense as Brady, he is not expected to shoulder the same type of load he did in Carolina  and BB does not allow his RBs and I am sure QB to stretch out for extra yardage. If Brady could QB sneak and not get hurt. I am sure Cam will be fine as well.

43 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

BB for years has used the plug and play players for his O-line. Cannon will be a lost but not as big as some want to think. Reports, I. Wynn has been the most impressive lineman in camp thus far. They have won a SB without Scarnecchia, again a lose but not as big as some would think.

Secondary still pretty strong

Cam Newton will not be asked to perform the same offense as Brady, he is not expected to shoulder the same type of load he did in Carolina  and BB does not allow his RBs and I am sure QB to stretch out for extra yardage. If Brady could QB sneak and not get hurt. I am sure Cam will be fine as well.

Easy to plug and play anywhere when you have to Brady.  That advantage is gone.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, I think they're gonna win the AFC East again. So I'm not counting them out.

If Cam stays healthy, I think they win 12 games again.  If Cam misses significant time, I think year 1 of Jarrett Stidham will be tough sledding.  They will be in games because of the D and BB but I think the Bills take them if Cam is out for 4 or more games.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

If Cam stays healthy, I think they win 12 games again.  If Cam misses significant time, I think year 1 of Jarrett Stidham will be tough sledding.  They will be in games because of the D and BB but I think the Bills take them if Cam is out for 4 or more games.

I would agree with this -- the idea that they're gonna win the division is definitely contingent on Cam staying healthy. With Stidham I think there's a chance they're legitimately really bad because he sucks and I don't think they have the horses on offense to score points with him.

But with Cam? I mean, the defense, while older, is still elite (better than the Bills for my money.) The offensive line is still good. And they have the best coaching staff in the league. Weapons are suspect but I wouldn't be at all shocked if Beli/McDaniels go the most out of Cam and he really surprised people.

30 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Easy to plug and play anywhere when you have to Brady.  That advantage is gone.

Yea cause you can't have your next QB learn to get rid of the ball quicker and use your RBs and TEs to help decrease the chances of being sack....it's also something Cam started doing with Nov Turner in Carolina.

concept is not too hard

9 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I would agree with this -- the idea that they're gonna win the division is definitely contingent on Cam staying healthy. With Stidham I think there's a chance they're legitimately really bad because he sucks and I don't think they have the horses on offense to score points with him.

But with Cam? I mean, the defense, while older, is still elite (better than the Bills for my money.) The offensive line is still good. And they have the best coaching staff in the league. Weapons are suspect but I wouldn't be at all shocked if Beli/McDaniels go the most out of Cam and he really surprised people.

They've lost a lot.  I think 6 starters on D, 3 on O.  So they're a bit of a different team, I'm just betting on BB with a healthy Cam being a mile ahead of everyone else in the league adjusting to this circumstances ie; cheating.  The Bills are significantly more talented, almost in every single category but they have Josh Allen.  

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, JiF said:

They've lost a lot.  I think 6 starters on D, 3 on O.  So they're a bit of a different team, I'm just betting on BB with a healthy Cam being a mile ahead of everyone else in the league adjusting to this circumstances ie; cheating.  The Bills are significantly more talented, almost in every single category but they have Josh Allen.  

That's kind of been my point all along -- Bills have more overall talent -- but when your money's on the line who do you have more faith in, Bill Belichick or Josh Allen?

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

I thought it was settled when he went 10-6 with Matt Cassel

Uhh no.  They went from 16-0 in 2007 to 11-5 missing the playoffs in 2008 against a much weaker schedule with a QB who would win a division title in KC just 2 years later.

Belichick has coached 7 seasons without Tom Brady as his starter.

9 games under .500(36-55 in Cleveland, 18-19 in New England)

5 losing seasons

1 wild card playoff appearance

1 wild card playoff win which was at home under the old rules when a wild card team could get a home game in the wild card round.

24 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

That's kind of been my point all along -- Bills have more overall talent -- but when you're moneys on the line who do you have more faith in, Bill Belichick or Josh Allen?

Bill Belichick has won 17 division titles as a head coach which is really impressive.

Bill Belichick has won ZERO division titles without Tom Brady.

26 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

That's kind of been my point all along -- Bills have more overall talent -- but when you're moneys on the line who do you have more faith in, Bill Belichick or Josh Allen?

No brainer.

The Bills are in an interesting situation.  If they make the playoffs again but it's clear Josh Allen just doesnt know how to throw the Football.  How long do you hold out for hope that he comes around?  He's a playmaker but those plays can be quickly negated vs. good teams, feels like the Jets missing their window with Sanchez, except, the Bills might be better in a lot of ways.

28 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

If you overwhelm the field with talent, you can beat the Pats.  There's only so much Belichick can do to bridge the gap when that's the case.  The Ravens have shown that in some playoff games against the Patriots, where they beat Belichick even with Flacco as their QB.

And if the Bills win 10-11 games against the rest of the league, it won't matter a whole lot if they get swept by the Pats.  That should be good enough to take the division.

Allen sucks and that franchise is getting Sanchez'd.  But the Bills are still my pick to win the division this season, with the Pats finishing 2nd.

25 minutes ago, JiF said:

He's a playmaker but those plays can be quickly negated vs. good teams, feels like the Jets missing their window with Sanchez, except, the Bills might be better in a lot of ways.

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Allen sucks and that franchise is getting Sanchez'd.  

Allen is zero question getting the Sanchez treatment -- if his numbers were identical but the Bills weren't winning he'd be viewed very differently. Winning puts blinders on people. Def hope the Bills pay him big money.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I feel bad for foolish Jets fans who think that the Pats will just suck without Brady. You're in for a rude awakening. 

I’ve never counted the Pats out, and I thought they were the best team in football last year until injuries devastated their Oline and WRs.

But the way they finished the year was really bad, and that was with the Goat qb.  They’ve lost a ton of talent, didn’t replace them in FA and they have 8 players opt out.

So while they have a healthy Oline, they’re going to be substantially worse or break even in every other way.  

As far as their qb situation, I’m much more worried about Stidham, bc he’s an unknown quantity, whereas Cam is pretty poor at this stage of his career.

BB is the goat coach, and will make them competitive, but this is the first time in my adult lifetime, that I can remember them being vulnerable to this lvl.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I feel bad for foolish Jets fans who think that the Pats will just suck without Brady. You're in for a rude awakening. 

Brady was the # 18 QB in the NFL last season and the Pats still won 12 games.  It's absurd to suggest they'll fall off a cliff without him.  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

that is a lie. What camp notes you seen? Stidham was not looking good before the injury and had thrown more INTs the any of than QBs?

https://sports.yahoo.com/cam-newton-vs-jarrett-stidham-221412415.html

Cam Newton vs. Jarrett Stidham: Newton separates himself with uptick in workload

Stidham is terrible.  Outplaying him is not hard. Brady repeatedly covered up holes on the offense by being great, none of the QBs on the Patriots right now can do that.  The talent level this year is significantly worse than last year and there is no Brady any longer to cover up those holes. 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Cam has been a bad QB for the last 4 years.

.500 record

Less than 60% comp 

44 Int in 46 games

He's now on a team with less weapons than he's ever had in Carolina and whose best weapon (Edelman) relies on the short passing game to maximize his talents.  What is Cams worst part of his game? The short, quick passing game which relies on timing and accuracy.  With a QB battle between him,  Stidham and Hoyer I doubt the Patriots are adjusting their offense to fit Cam at this point. 

Cam is a guy who is living off one great year. 

Oh and 2019 Josh Allen is exactly who Cam has been his entire career except for 1 year. 

10 minutes ago, choon328 said:

He's now on a team with less weapons than he's ever had in Carolina and whose best weapon (Edelman) relies on the short passing game to maximize his talents.  What is Cams worst part of his game? The short, quick passing game which relies on timing and accuracy. 

Cam did pretty well in the short game with McCaffrey in 2018.  He completed 68 % of his throws that season, with 107 of his completions going to McCaffrey.

Not trying to argue that Edelman and James White do anything close to what McCaffrey can.  But I don't think its accurate to say Cam can't handle the short passing game.  

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Brady was the # 18 QB in the NFL last season and the Pats still won 12 games.  It's absurd to suggest they'll fall off a cliff without him.  

4-12. Oline in shambles, cheating under microscope now, no Scarneccia, no Brady/Gronk...no talent yeah. A locker room cancer under center. 4-12.

55 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Stidham is terrible.  Outplaying him is not hard. Brady repeatedly covered up holes on the offense by being great, none of the QBs on the Patriots right now can do that.  The talent level this year is significantly worse than last year and there is no Brady any longer to cover up those holes. 

What holes on offense did Brady cover up?  They ran a timing offense cater to brady and only brady. Every week they would game plan and play to an opponent weaknesses.

As i said before their last SB run they relied heavily on their run game and defense. Used their fullback and their HOF TE for extra blocking schemes to beat up the smaller lines they faced in the playoffs..

Thats thinking and scheming, that is not relying on tom brady. 

And I am sure they will find an affective way to use a former mvp QB in Cam Newton. Already practicing "option" routes w him now. Stuff they couldn't do w brady.

Reports his foot is fine and his shoulder is fine as well.

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Cam did pretty well in the short game with McCaffrey in 2018.  He completed 68 % of his throws that season, with 107 of his completions going to McCaffrey.

Not trying to argue that Edelman and James White do anything close to what McCaffrey can.  But I don't think its accurate to say Cam can't handle the short passing game.  

agreed. Look who has been his receivers all thru his career in Carolina. Especially that SB year.

34 minutes ago, TNJet said:

4-12. Oline in shambles, cheating under microscope now, no Scarneccia, no Brady/Gronk...no talent yeah. A locker room cancer under center. 4-12.

Why would the cheating be under a microscope now?  Brady leaving has little to do with that.  Did you not see the slap on the wrist Goodell handed Belichick for Spygate v2.0?  

We’ll soon find out, but Tom Brady was a MASTER of controlling the game with his short accurate passing & controlling the clock, the snap, the hurry up, the slowdown & converted pretty much every 3rd & short of you couldn’t pressure him. He went through his progressions like a surgeon. And if your going to tell me that Cam can hook up with Edelman as proficiently & as accurate as Brady, I’d tell you your on drugs! 

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why would the cheating be under a microscope now?  Brady leaving has little to do with that.  Did you not see the slap on the wrist Goodell handed Belichick for Spygate v2.0?  

Less people to hide behind on the covid sideline now.