Miami allowing fans in the stadium

Rhg1084

4 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

13,000. fans with masks in a stadium that hold 80,000 is going to provide a competitive advantage? Seriously?  The Jets can pipe in artificial crowd noise that will provide a greater advantage than that.  

There is no home field advantage this year

50 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If you're outside and with people you're with/know and separated into pods...I doubt they're going to be total hall monitors over it, nor should they be. Id imagine the roof will be open. You are allowed to take it off to eat and drink. Obviously going to concessions and the restroom you'll be asked to keep it on.

What roof.

Just as the stadium in Miami doesnt seat 80,000

I think competitive or not health safety has to take a priority over everything else

I still don't think there is even going to be a season, but we'll see how things go as it gets colder

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

Funny time to make a declaration like this.  Schools are opening this week and my guess is that the state of florida will be once again on lockdown in 3-4 weeks time.

Nope. All good here where I am. Only problem areas are around Miami.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah the numbers have gotten significantly better since the doomsday predictions of 3 weeks ago. Shocker.

They have gone down but with schools opening I think it will spike even higher than the end of July.  I am preparing for the worst hoping for the best.  My kiddos go to school with 1,600 other kids so if there are a few cases at their school it could potentially impact a lot of families. Lighting a match in a powder keg. Miami, Orlando, Tampa and Jax all have high numbers compared to the rest of FL.

3 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

They have gone down but with schools opening I think it will spike even higher than the end of July.  I am preparing for the worst hoping for the best.  My kiddos go to school with 1,600 other kids so if there are a few cases at their school it could potentially impact a lot of families. Lighting a match in a powder keg. Miami, Orlando, Tampa and Jax all have high numbers compared to the rest of FL.

Don’t agree  but not the thread for this

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

Funny time to make a declaration like this.  Schools are opening this week and my guess is that the state of florida will be once again on lockdown in 3-4 weeks time.

Exactly. One of the worst states for Covid at this time. Just a bunch of selfish people making decisions over there - and have been for a while.

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Owners have the power to make a call whether or not fans will be allowed to attend games in the stadiums. 

Not the whether they can part, thats on the individual states.  They can not allow fans if the state says they can, not the other way around

Just now, JiF said:

Anyone ever been to a game in Miami?  That stadium practices social distancing even before Covid.  Not a surprise.

LOL, who rebuilds their stadium and lops off 20,000 seats?  

And still doesnt sell out?  

Its why dolphin players and announcers hate the Jets, their stadium turns into MetLife South with the Jets fans and chants etc

• Haha 1