WR injuries across the NFL

Looks like our Jets will have to play smash mouth football early. With the revamped Oline, 4 brawlers, Wesco, Kaufusi, Griffin, Bell, Gore, Perine, use Herndon & Perriman in post up 3rd down conversions, sneak out Wesco occassionally & use our punter to change field position.

I think the opener will be an ugly slugfest with turnovers being the difference. We can't turn the ball over. 

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, nycdan said:

As much as I hate the Browns, this sucks balls.  I liked Delpit coming out as the best safety In the class.  Reminds me of Fowler or Jonah Williams  going down in his first training camp. Having to wait almost two years to see a high drat pick blows.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

As much as I hate the Browns, this sucks balls.  I liked Delpit coming out as the best safety In the class.  Reminds me of Fowler or Jonah Williams  going down in his first training camp. Having to wait almost two years to see a high drat pick blows.

Injuries happen to every team, we just had crazy bad luck last year. When Avery went down it started an avalanche of injuries. 

Thats why you NEVER give up on a season, ever! You could get into the playoffs & the team your playing loses their starting QB. People will say, oh, they wouldn't even have moved on if so & so wasn't injured. No one cares! Just get to the next game! You could have Lev'eon go the f*ck OFF and win a playoff game, or Darnold has his break out moment & all the WRs are making circus catches. 

Thats what I loved about Parcells, he always understood that, he never talked about getting to the Super Bowl because he knew 1st you gotta get to the TOURNEMENT. 

• Upvote 1

https://www.nfl.com/news/chargers-wr-mike-williams-to-miss-2-4-weeks-with-shoulder-injury

Chargers WR Mike Williams to miss 2-4 weeks with shoulder injury

Published: Aug 25, 2020 at 01:49 PM

Headshot_Author_Kevin-Patra_2020

Kevin Patra

Around the NFL Writer

Chargers wide receiver Mike Williams could miss the beginning of the 2020 season due to a sprained shoulder.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Tuesday that Williams is expected to miss two to four weeks with his shoulder injury suffered this week in practice, per a source informed of the injury.

The time frame puts the start of the season in doubt for the fourth-year receiver.

Coach Anthony Lynn noted Tuesday it's unclear if Williams will be ready for the Sept. 13 opener versus the Cincinnati Bengals.

"I certainly would hope so, but I don't know," Lynn said, via Gilbert Manzano of the L.A. Daily News.

Williams missing any game-action would be a blow to Tyrod Taylor's prospects as the opening-day starter. Williams is coming off his first 1,000-plus yard season in 2019 and had a 10-touchdown campaign in 2018.

The big-bodied wideout sprained his shoulder diving for a pass during practice.

"He's a competitor," Lynn said when asked if he would like to see Williams refrain from diving in practice. "No matter how many times you tell Mike to stay off the ground, don't dive for the ball and whatnot, when the ball is in the air, he's gonna go get it most of the time."