Twitter Question: Did the NFL strip Manish Mehta of his credentials

Rhg1084

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because he brings it on himself by demonstrating zero journalistic integrity?

That went out the window a decade+ ago. 

What else you got?

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's also a douche to everyone, including his readers. 

Douche to Jets fans online? I don't see the issue. Have you met us? In fact, some of the most prolific posters here have made a career out doing just that

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

That went out the window a decade+ ago. 

What else you got?

Douche to Jets fans online? I don't see the issue. Have you met us? In fact, some of the most prolific posters here have made a career out doing just that

Why am I not allowed a bit of schadenfreude over someone I don't like?

Also, he hasn't lost his job.....yet.  

Again, he brought that on himself, so no sympathy coming.  Being completely unlikable does that to a person.  None of his peers are coming to his defense right now.  There's good reason for that.

And no, Jets fans (at least not the ones who post here) aren't completely unlikable.  I like a few of you.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, MykePM said:

There were two “heated” exchanges between Gase and Cimini.  The one about the scrimmage (“Just show up.  You have nothing better to do.”) seemed like it may have been a little playful.  The one the day before, where Gase thought Cimini was trying to stir up a Bell-Gore playing time controversy, was a little more intense.

I missed the first one. Thanks

9 minutes ago, CTM said:

Why do people dislike this guy so much that they'd celebrate his career going up in flames?

Because he is a cancer to the team that actively tries to sow discord and ruin anyone that doesn't serve his benefit. He was responsible for the anonymous "Mike Pettine" sources that bashed the team during the Rex era. He was responsible for giving us 4 years of hell with the Bowles era by nixing the Doug Marrone hire with vicious lies. Once he did that he had to back Bowles so we had to deal with 4 years of nonsensical excuses for the mind boggling game mismanagement. Now he is obsessed with undermining the team any chance he gets because he has a personal beef with Gase. Don't think it ends with Jamal Adams. If left unchecked he will spread rumors laced with deceit to make sure the team is unsuccessful. 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Shaky defense at best. No intern would blow that opportunity short of being a nepotistic plant whose daddy wanted them to pad their resume over summer break. 

He was more detrimental to this team the last 10 years than any coach or player. 

SAR I

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Mehta had some terrible tendencies as a journalist:

-He too often inserted himself into the story. The whole burner account thing (whether Mehta had one or not), seemed very, very odd. Mehta seemed to take a vindictive approach with Gase, actually trying to affect Jet higher ups decisions. It was just weird.

-And while I will grant that he is a columnist, and columnists are allowed opinions in stories, he too often seemed to intersperse facts and his personal opinions simultaneously. The line seemed to constantly shift, and you could sometimes have difficulty telling if what he was telling you was his opinion, or if it was being reported. 

For young journalists, he would be an interesting study as how not to conduct yourself. He always seemed to be trying to showcase himself to some next level by being outrageous.

Manish is has the innate drive  of Louis Bloom from the movie Nightcrawler.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because he brings it on himself by demonstrating zero journalistic integrity?  He's also a douche to everyone, including his readers.  If he ever demonstrates a redeemable quality it'll be a first.

However anyone feels about Marrone as a coach , Mehta driving to Syracuse to dig up 20 year old dirt on him was creepy AF. The burner account crossed even more lines ...again however anyone feels about Gase , Mehta went after his kid . Losing his job ? He got off easy if you ask me. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, thebuzzardman said:

Went to that petition link, and saw the following in the petition:

He accuses Wilkerson of having "issues with alcohol" without any little bit of proof or evidence to back this claim up. Upon hearing of the accusations, Wilkerson's mother called into WFAN's Boomer and Gio radio show to defend her son and call out Manish Mehta for who he is.

Right about now, that petition should be Exhibit A for anyone making a case that Manish Was Railroaded.

2 hours ago, CTM said:

Why do people dislike this guy so much that they'd celebrate his career going up in flames?

Because he approaches his coverage as if he welcomes and would celebrate our franchise going up in flames.

Everything appeared to be an “ahaaaa” or a “told ya so” which came off with smug, condescending, and self righteous undertones.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, CTM said:

If I was a terrible anesthesiologist and about 50% of the time my patients woke up during surgeries people would also celebrate my career going up in flames. I see it no differently when it comes to Manish Mehta. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

That Wyatt twitter account is about to be off the chain real soon. 

this guy was a bum. Everyone could see right through his stuff and his “sources”. 

I don’t wish ill on anyone, especially with how messed up the world is now, but if this is true and it lasts, I’m pretty ecstatic that he won’t be covering my favorite team any more. 

6 hours ago, mrcoops said:

There must be something serious behind this. You don't strip a journalist of his credential with the backing of the league just because you don't like him or his articles.

Manish must have really crossed a line.

The line crossed was Manish was using his own personal dislike of the Gase regime to slant his entire coverage and promote story lines that made it seem like the locker room was lost.  Beat writers never are supposed to make it about themselves as Manish did where it becomes detrimental to the organization.  Even before Gase came along Manish was always oversensational but it was tolerated until he took it to another level.  Early in 2019 Gase fired Manish's preferred sources Maccagnan and Heimerdinger, and then after a few losses Gase snapped at Manish in a presser.  Since then, every single article from Manish has been written in a light to make Gase the central problem of the team.

• Upvote 1

Upon first hearing of this my immediate reaction was that it has to be about the burner account. After thinking about it for a bit, I realize that Gase is way too busy right now, and this came from higher up.

Backing from the NFL to pull his credentials would have to come from the  owners, mainly Woody or Christopher Johnson. 

All the suggestions I've heard are valid, but I suspect this has more to do with something he either wrote or was planning on writing about Woody and the allegations against him of sexism and especially racism.

Maybe he was speaking to the players and whispering in people's ears and trying to stir up or dig up some dirt on the owner of the team? We know that it isn't beneath Manish to write an Enquirer type article about a woman giving birth to a 30-pound alien baby.

He also had no problem helping Jamal Adams s*** on the organization and head coach and owners in his own effort to get out of town. Hell maybe he even took a payout from Adams to write some ridiculous slander?

For those who haven't noticed, Christopher Johnson has worked diligently for the past year-and-a-half to completely turn around the perception of this organization. It wouldn't surprise me if he pulled a few strings in defense of his brother, his head coach, and his football team.

• Upvote 1

I wonder if the final straw had something to do with the false Covid tests over the weekend?  I just went back and looked at his tweets from the weekend and not really mention of it other than something about cancelling a Sunday walkthrough.  Seems like a big topic to basically ignore.

Wonder if he got caught poking around or sharing information he shouldn't and knew it so tried staying silent in public to save his bacon.  Don't know what that could be, just thought it was odd.

7 hours ago, batman10023 said:

34 people signed it. Pathetic 

Says 706 when I look at the link. 

Not that I care, I just thought it was funny that it was created 5 years ago. 

I didn't even read it beyond the link 

Pretty good semi creative fan hatred, but hard to match the single minded weirdness of the Knick fan who hated Frank Isola with the hatred of a thousand suns

27890665721_0e68ec133d.jpg

I mean, Isola was pretty petty at times, but if you have to include Dolan in your meme as the good guy...

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why am I not allowed a bit of schadenfreude over someone I don't like?

Also, he hasn't lost his job.....yet.  

Again, he brought that on himself, so no sympathy coming.  Being completely unlikable does that to a person.  None of his peers are coming to his defense right now.  There's good reason for that.

And no, Jets fans (at least not the ones who post here) aren't completely unlikable.  I like a few of you.  

ahh...  I'm driving to Wilmington to give you a hug lol...

• Haha 1