Twitter Question: Did the NFL strip Manish Mehta of his credentials

Rhg1084

4 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Upon first hearing of this my immediate reaction was that it has to be about the burner account. After thinking about it for a bit, I realize that Gase is way too busy right now, and this came from higher up.

Backing from the NFL to pull his credentials would have to come from the  owners, mainly Woody or Christopher Johnson. 

All the suggestions I've heard are valid, but I suspect this has more to do with something he either wrote or was planning on writing about Woody and the allegations against him of sexism and especially racism.

Maybe he was speaking to the players and whispering in people's ears and trying to stir up or dig up some dirt on the owner of the team? We know that it isn't beneath Manish to write an Enquirer type article about a woman giving birth to a 30-pound alien baby.

He also had no problem helping Jamal Adams s*** on the organization and head coach and owners in his own effort to get out of town. Hell maybe he even took a payout from Adams to write some ridiculous slander?

For those who haven't noticed, Christopher Johnson has worked diligently for the past year-and-a-half to completely turn around the perception of this organization. It wouldn't surprise me if he pulled a few strings in defense of his brother, his head coach, and his football team.

You do not need NFL press credentials to write a story of an owner's malfeasance. 

6 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

The line crossed was Manish was using his own personal dislike of the Gase regime to slant his entire coverage and promote story lines that made it seem like the locker room was lost.  Beat writers never are supposed to make it about themselves as Manish did where it becomes detrimental to the organization.  Even before Gase came along Manish was always oversensational but it was tolerated until he took it to another level.  Early in 2019 Gase fired Manish's preferred sources Maccagnan and Heimerdinger, and then after a few losses Gase snapped at Manish in a presser.  Since then, every single article from Manish has been written in a light to make Gase the central problem of the team.

I hate Manish as much as the next guy... But I don't think that having the opinion that Gase is "the central problem of the team" is some wild hot take. That's a pretty common opinion around the league.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, jacarter220 said:

I hate Manish as much as the next guy... But I don't think that having the opinion that Gase is "the central problem of the team" is some wild hot take. That's a pretty common opinion around the league.

Where, around the league, is there evidence of this common opinion?

You know, those who actually believe this team has enough talent to win 8, 9 10, how many games did the central problem of the team cost us?

Theres no proof that its a common opinion around the league.  Its just like a Manish column

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Story sounds legit.  If so, I'm curious to find out what he did.  

I know the Wyatt thing is a hot topic but I have a couple of reasons to believe that wasn't Manish.

We shall see.

• Thumb Down 1

For those that want the sensationalized version of the fake twitter account, the following is a link. It seems so far fetched that it actually could be true. I will not waste the board space by copying the entire article. Link here.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/1615620/is-the-adam-gase-burner-account-actually-a-manish-mehta-burner-account-an-investigative-report

Background on Mehta--He is a Philadelphia guy. He loves Philadelphia sports teams. He has been at certain times, when there is a NY sports story, brought in as a guest on Philadelphia sports radio, most notably, WIP.

WIP was one of the original sports radio networks, starting back in the late 80's. The most long tenured host is Angelo Cataldi and his morning show. He is bombastic, controversial and an original muckraker. He is the founder of the famed Wing Bowl, and does most anything to create a controversial surge. It is his calling card. If he can create a controversy, all the better. His lackeys lap it up.

It is Angelo that has had Mehta on his show at various times. The reverence that Mehta has toward Angelo during those call-ins is borderline embarrassing. You can tell that Manish as he was in his formative years of being an aspiring journalist views Cataldi as some sort of idol. 

The thing is, while Cataldi is a clown prince on the radio, looking to muck things up, he was at one time a world class journalist for the Philadelphia Inquirer, sports section. He had goos stuff and took the proper approach and wrote stories that were hard hitting, but had all of the necessary elements of journalism required to be credible.

What Mehta has seemingly taken from his hero-worship of Cataldi is the clown persona on air, and not the hard hitting journalism that took him to that spot. He totally missed the step of first establishing credibility, and then becoming a "personality". Mehta thought he could become personality first, without the hard work. I am sure Mehta's goal, particularly as he saw the DN sinking, was to make sure he had a next level gig as some personality with a mic and front of him, and hopefully a camera.

He just went about things in a wrong way. 

EDIT-Oh, and don't for one second think that the burner account of Bryan Colangelo (actually Colangelo's wife), GM then of Mehta's 76ers escaped his purview. If true, it is where the scheme was probably hatched.

• Upvote 3

From @Scott Dierking's link...

"BUT, that wasnt the only thing at play. Turns out that after we kicked around that possibility, the @Wyattv18 account also tweeted a link and QUICKLY deleted the tweet. It was a link to an article. An article about football. An article about the 5 players Joe Douglas should bring back to the 2020 Jets. It was written in the Daily News. The author? *Lighting crashes outside the window* *Thunder roars* *Tension builds*

Manish Mehta.

I seem to recall that @Wyattv18 turned out to post the link to that particular article before Manish or the Daily News posted a link. That that burner account posted the initial link, making it the, "smoking gun." 

Do I have that right? 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, slats said:

From @Scott Dierking's link...

"BUT, that wasnt the only thing at play. Turns out that after we kicked around that possibility, the @Wyattv18 account also tweeted a link and QUICKLY deleted the tweet. It was a link to an article. An article about football. An article about the 5 players Joe Douglas should bring back to the 2020 Jets. It was written in the Daily News. The author? *Lighting crashes outside the window* *Thunder roars* *Tension builds*

Manish Mehta.

I seem to recall that @Wyattv18 turned out to post the link to that particular article before Manish or the Daily News posted a link. That that burner account posted the initial link, making it the, "smoking gun." 

Do I have that right? 

As I recall, yes. But I believe that it was then that the "intern e-mail from the Jets PR became a focus--her actual Jets e-mail account was linked to the twitter. That threw some off the trail of Mehta at that time. Some concluded that it was an inside Jets PR scheme.

Or was it? 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Where, around the league, is there evidence of this common opinion?

You know, those who actually believe this team has enough talent to win 8, 9 10, how many games did the central problem of the team cost us?

Theres no proof that its a common opinion around the league.  Its just like a Manish column

go ahead thumbs up GIF

From [mention=5591]Scott Dierking[/mention]'s link...
"BUT, that wasnt the only thing at play. Turns out that after we kicked around that possibility, the@Wyattv18 account also tweeted a link and QUICKLY deleted the tweet. It was a link to an article. An article about football. An article about the 5 players Joe Douglas should bring back to the 2020 Jets. It was written in the Daily News. The author? *Lighting crashes outside the window* *Thunder roars* *Tension builds*
Manish Mehta.
I seem to recall that@Wyattv18 turned out to post the link to that particular article before Manish or the Daily News posted a link. That that burner account posted the initial link, making it the, "smoking gun." 
Do I have that right? 

This was the case from day 1 and I couldn’t understand how in the hell it wasn’t obvious Mehta was caught red handed. There were literally posters on this site claiming it was Gase’s account trying to frame Mehta. This is a man who’s job it is to report on our favorite football team trying to sabotage the team so he gets better access. He’s a complete scumbag and a disgrace to journalism.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Upon first hearing of this my immediate reaction was that it has to be about the burner account. After thinking about it for a bit, I realize that Gase is way too busy right now, and this came from higher up.

Backing from the NFL to pull his credentials would have to come from the  owners, mainly Woody or Christopher Johnson. 

All the suggestions I've heard are valid, but I suspect this has more to do with something he either wrote or was planning on writing about Woody and the allegations against him of sexism and especially racism.

Maybe he was speaking to the players and whispering in people's ears and trying to stir up or dig up some dirt on the owner of the team? We know that it isn't beneath Manish to write an Enquirer type article about a woman giving birth to a 30-pound alien baby.

He also had no problem helping Jamal Adams s*** on the organization and head coach and owners in his own effort to get out of town. Hell maybe he even took a payout from Adams to write some ridiculous slander?

For those who haven't noticed, Christopher Johnson has worked diligently for the past year-and-a-half to completely turn around the perception of this organization. It wouldn't surprise me if he pulled a few strings in defense of his brother, his head coach, and his football team.

If this is true, why no outcry from the other journalists?  Why no pushback from the NYDN?  Why the silence from Manish himself?  A hit piece isn't enough to get your credentials pulled without a fight.  

Nah, this isn't it.  He did something unethical, and no one is going to defend him on it.  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

I rebuffed the notion that Manish had no sources.  Nothing else I can recall.

I was right.

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

Story sounds legit.  If so, I'm curious to find out what he did.  

I know the Wyatt thing is a hot topic but I have a couple of reasons to believe that wasn't Manish.

We shall see.

lol.  You're totally right.  He is a well respected journalist and is going to be proven to be the victim here.  

You don't have to defend him anymore....

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If this is true, why no outcry from the other journalists?  Why no pushback from the NYDN?  Why the silence from Manish himself?  A hit piece isn't enough to get your credentials pulled without a fight.  

Nah, this isn't it.  He did something unethical, and no one is going to defend him on it.  

Cuz they all know he's wrong and he knows he's wrong. Burner accounts, slandering the team and the head coach? Writing articles about the owner who's connected to the president of the United States being sexist and racist? Being a voice for Jamal Adams to crap on our team in a public setting? I think he did more than enough. That's when enough is enough.

Keep in mind he somehow always found a way to get somebody to dish out the dirt and the bad news behind the scenes. We all know Cimini will end every article with a negative spin, but Manish just played dirty.

My point is it all adds up. It's his whole body of work over time. In fact the guy just tweeted about Le'Veon Bell being unhappy with his practice reps LOL. He's a f****** drama monger.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

This was the case from day 1 and I couldn’t understand how in the hell it wasn’t obvious Mehta was caught red handed. There were literally posters on this site claiming it was Gase’s account trying to frame Mehta. This is a man who’s job it is to report on our favorite football team trying to sabotage the team so he gets better access. He’s a complete scumbag and a disgrace to journalism.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Wow.  Geez.  I know someone who's getting uninvited to Manish's Christmas Cookie Swap.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol.  You're totally right.  He is a well respected journalist and is going to be proven to be the victim here.  

You don't have to defend him anymore....

It couldn't have been Manish.  He was with Tobin, and Squee, and Donkey Dong Doug.

• Haha 1