Training Camp Tweets 8/25

kdels62

18 minutes ago, Stark said:

Worst WR group in NFL...

Josh Malone, time to step  up, lol

Malone, Crowder, Cager week 1 starters... smh

Hey, Joe D... you want get Sam a little help here? 

We can talk all day about the O-line being upgraded.  This is the problem.  Who TF is Sam going to throw the ball to?  This skill group is that of a 3-13, 2-14 team.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Rob Moore said:

I know we’re all disappointed in the WR receiver injuries, but there seems to be a huge and unnecessary amount of sky is falling attitudes towards this...even for this place.  I’m not singling any one poster out, just an observation.

No one has indicated that these are serious injuries.  It seems we’re being extra cautious in a year where players had no team activities prior to camp.  There’s still close to 3 weeks till opener.  I know we’d love to see Darnold getting in sync with his new WRs, but I’d rather take cautious approach than these be nagging things all year.

Perriman has had a history of knee injuries - another knee issue for him isn’t a good thing. A lot of people have high hopes for Mims.  First, rookie WRs tend to have a huge adjustment period.  Second, a hamstring injury to a speed guy is never good.  With no preseason games and no practices so far,  he’s WAY behind.  It already was a below average group before the injuries, now might be the worst - with no relief in sight.

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I really hoped we’d get Mins back after the day off... it’s a bummer.

This is starting to feel like Herndon from last year.

The Jets should offer up a $1M award to the doctor, scientist or whoever can come up with a way to prevent hamstring and groin injuries.  I don't care if it's some sophomore at CalTech who CADs up some type of nano tech support/resistance band that stretches from the knee to hip.... if it stops these injuries then pay the kid!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

I'm not all that worried about Perriman, but Mims basically missing all of training camp pretty much guarantees he won't be a factor for most of this season. I just don't see how a raw Big XII receiver who didn't run the full route tree, had no OTAs or rookie mini camp, etc. can miss all of training camp then step in and play Week 1. We'll be lucky if he's seriously contributing in the second half of the season.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

This guy is at the Jets practice as the Manish stuff gets settled

Yeah...I noticed him tweeting a few days ago....never heard of the guy.

Working for the daily news, he'll be the new a$$hole on the block in no time.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

I know we’re all disappointed in the WR receiver injuries, but there seems to be a huge and unnecessary amount of sky is falling attitudes towards this...even for this place.  I’m not singling any one poster out, just an observation.

No one has indicated that these are serious injuries.  It seems we’re being extra cautious in a year where players had no team activities prior to camp.  There’s still close to 3 weeks till opener.  I know we’d love to see Darnold getting in sync with his new WRs, but I’d rather take cautious approach than these be nagging things all year.

I'm in the middle on this.  Like you said, we're 3 weeks away.  But two key guys are brand new to the team and haven't established a rhythm with the QB yet.  Nobody should have a "sky is falling" attitude like the season is over already, but there's 100% reason to have more than just a casual concern when the WR1, WR2, and WR4 aren't playing.

• Upvote 4