Why the Jets are at the bottom of every list:

Alka

22 hours ago, Alka said:

It's pretty simple:  The Jets record over the last 4 years:

2016-  5-11

2017    5-11

2018   4-12

2019   7-9

The so-called experts base all future predictions on past events, and in looking at the recent history, it's easy to be lazy and just say: the Jets stink, and they will continue to stink. 

The truth is that until the Jets can prove to the league and to the rest of the world that they are not a bunch of losers, they will continue to be viewed as perpetual losers.

As a hopeful and glass half-full Jets fan, I try to see the things that the team has done to improve, and look at potential talent and believe that this talent will transform the team this year and buck the trend of the last 4 years.

I believe that although the Jets continue to have holes due to poor drafting and poor signings of the past, that the recent signings and recent draft will move the needle for the Jets in a positive direction.

The thought is that the Jets have the worst roster in the league, but that thinking is based on the past, and has no bearing on what the roster will prove this year.

If you want to say that the Jets had the worst roster at the end of last year, then I would say that is not true, but still not a great roster by any means.

To say that the jets have the worst roster right now, is just lazy and not analyzing what the Jets might have in terms of the new talent that they have acquired, and the players who come into this season healthy and ready to contribute.  

They have the worst roster, the worst cornerbacks, the worst defensive line, the worst wide receivers.  To me, its all garbage.  '

Do you know when you can say how good or how bad this team is?  After the games have been played, when the year is over, that's when.

Shorter answer:

Because they suck.

2 hours ago, Alka said:

There isn't much I can argue with in what you said, but it is what you didn't state that I have an argument with.  You didn't even mention the upgraded Offensive line which made Winters expendable.  If Darnold is protected, if Bell becomes Bell from the past (which he should), then this team is better period.  Last year, I predicted before the season that this team would be 7-9, mostly due to the garbage offensive line.  This year, the offensive line is better, I like our running back situation, and I like our tight end situation. 

I predicted 8-8 this year, and this team will be better against a more difficult schedule. 

I do have one slight disagreement with what you said though.  I am not a fan of Anderson being anything better than a #3 wide receiver, and I feel that we got one back in Perrine.  Mims?  Who knows.  So far, I'm very unimpressed.  

We won't know if the O line is actually improved until September 13th at around 4 pm.