Training Camp Tweets 8/26 *SCRIMMAGE EDITION

kdels62

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Would love to see a tweet detailing Darnold pulling the offense aside and screaming at them for sucking. Presuming instead we’ll get the Cali-bro mushmouth “Yeah, we definitely have to clean some things up, you know?” 

#boogieboarder 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, slats said:

I get what you're saying here, but if a team averages around 65 offensive plays a game (which would probably be high for the Jets), you've got nearly 3/4's of the offensive touches going to the RBs. I think the rest of the league might start to catch on to what they're doing there. 

Jets are also strong at TE and still questionable at WR and on the OL. I think a steady diet of two TEs should be on the menu, and a guy like Herndon should be getting five throws his way every week, if not more. Perriman needs to be featured in the offense just to keep defenses honest. Same with Mims when he finally gets in the lineup. That's getting frustrating. 

I think you'll see the RBs in the 30 touches a game range, depending on how it's going. Perine probably won't be a big contributor on offense early. I could see him leaning on Gore a lot, though, as Gase gets tired of Bell's patient running style, waiting for a hole that never comes. 

1/3 of what I’m advocating is receptions. I admit though, it’s an intentional exaggeration to illustrate that our new OL combined with RB depth can/should be used to compensate for our WR problems.

Ultimately, get the ball to your okay makers. #6 WR shouldn’t have more targets in pass game than Bell or Gore, basically.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Bell, Gore, Perine... plus this OL.. our RB corps better get 50 touches per game.

Bell: 12-15 carries, 5-8 pass targets

Gore: 10-15 carries, 3-5 pass targets

Perine: 8-10 carries, 2-3 pass targets

I mean, scheme to where the talent is... no?

I add the TE group in there.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

1/3 of what I’m advocating is receptions. I admit though, it’s an intentional exaggeration to illustrate that our new OL combined with RB depth can/should be used to compensate for our WR problems.

Ultimately, get the ball to your okay makers. #6 WR shouldn’t have more targets in pass game than Bell or Gore, basically.

Bell might be behind Crowder for targets at this rate...

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Bell wants more of a workload.

This is what I was gonna comment.  For everyone saying “it’s only a practice scrimmage” - there are no pretend games this year.  The first game actually counts.  If the team sucks against their backups in camp, what’s it gonna be like against Buffalo week 1?

32 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

We've got skill position guys dropping like flies around here.  I have no problem with Gase wrapping Bell in a bit of bubble-wrap from time to time.  With no Perriman, no Mims right now the last thing we need is to have Bell become unavailable.  Trying to intimidate the Bills defense with a starting lineup that includes Frank Gore and Chris Hogan ain't going to work.

Bell is going to get 300 carries this year unless someone trades us a WR1. I don’t think he needs to worry

• Upvote 3

Just now, T0mShane said:

Bell is going to get 300 carries this year unless someone trades us a WR1. I don’t think he needs to worry

I disagree.  I think gase loves rotating his rbs, and he’s gonna use all 3 of them from the get go.  And with all these wrs missing reps, you have to believe the first few games are going to be about overusing rb and te screens and rolllouts.  I mean, today’s scrimmage didn’t have perriman, mims or jefff smith.  Where’s the speed?  Of course the offense is going to struggle.  

• Upvote 2