This is gonna be a rough season...isn't it?

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Even sh*tty Buffalo has given Allen 2 RBs, multiple WRs and oline.

I don't know what's more unbelievable - the Jets aversion to talent on O, or the fanbase's litany excuses for our current climate.

Joe Burrow as a rookie has a lot more to work with as well.   We’re going to go into next season with just as many question marks at WR as we did this year. Never seems to end.  

• Upvote 2

Every team is trying to compress the activity that takes place from
April through June into 5-6 weeks.  Add in the fact that no pre-season
games are being played, why are people expecting sharp football early?
The league will be a "trainwreck" the first 4-6 weeks of the season  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

I was hoping somebody could play pastor and give me hope. 

Them Doomsday cults are a dime-a-dozen, I tell ya! Speaking of which, what a coincidence that most of them generate from the Flake Capital of the Free World: California. Did anyone else laugh when Harold Camping was wrong yet again? To top it off, he croaked AFTER the world didn't come to an end. So yeah, I laughed, I laughed hard.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Joe Burrow as a rookie has a lot more to work with as well.   We’re going to go into next season with just as many question marks at WR as we did this year. Never seems to end.  

just when i thought the jets weapons looked good on paper, half of them turned out to be made of it.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Them Doomsday cults are a dime-a-dozen, I tell ya! Speaking of which, what a coincidence that most of them generate from the Flake Capital of the Free World: California. Did anyone else laugh when Harold Camping was wrong yet again? To top it off, he croaked AFTER the world didn't come to an end. So yeah, I laughed, I laughed hard.

Holy sh*t, i actually know who that is!!!!!! That's the dude who predicted the world would end in hellfire sometime in May 2011. There was a group of guys who'd visit our college once a month, setting up a desk with a poster saying 'ARE YOU READY TO MEET GOD?' Good fun. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, KRL said:

Every team is trying to compress the activity that takes place from
April through June into 5-6 weeks.  Add in the fact that no pre-season
games are being played, why are people expecting sharp football early?
The league will be a "trainwreck" the first 4-6 weeks of the season  

I've been following some other camps, mostly AFC East, and at least 2 teams have been talking about how getting padded practices in to work on fundamentals is much more important this year. The teams that are solid on fundamentals like tackling are going to win games early on. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Also, Tua is ripping it up in fins camp with with guys that will be bagging grocerys next month.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I felt like we were promised (in sentiment if nothing else) for a change in this years draft... true "offense is a priority"... what did that equate to? a LT (basically no choice there), waited until the last min draft a WR in the 2nd round, and a middle round RB.

Nice.

A starting-caliber midround RB and a promising interior OL and a potential QB2 for the next 4 years (something that was very much a need for anyone who didn't forget what happened when Darnold went down).  

We were promised nothing by Douglas, and rightly so.  You more than anyone understands that the draft is not about immediate gratification.  By trading down, he gave himself flexibility.  Leaving the draft with a franchise LT, a future WR1, what I believe will be a starting-caliber RB and starting-caliber G plus a QB is a haul.  Any one of us would have signed up for that pre-draft in a heartbeat.

If our next 2 drafts, with 4 first rounders, don't end up being offense heavy (especially at the top) I'll be right there with you.  

In the meantime, all of Douglas' guys (the ones that are healthy, that is) have been turning heads in camp, so I don't really know what the problem is.  Some of the best players on the team are already shaping up to be Douglas guys.  Not hard to do when compared to Macc, but that wasn't supposed to happen right away.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

37 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Holy sh*t, i actually know who that is!!!!!! That's the dude who predicted the world would end in hellfire sometime in May 2011. There was a group of guys who'd visit our college once a month, setting up a desk with a poster saying 'ARE YOU READY TO MEET GOD?' Good fun. 

You want to talk to God? Let's go meet him together. I've got nothing better to do......

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, predator_05 said:

Not that we aren't psychologically prepared for being a bottom of the barrel, perennially underachieving team...but given the way this off-season has gone, i'm not sure rebuilding teams are capable of being competitive. Unusual off-seasons provide an advantage to teams with continuity, both in personnel and leadership. 

A few preseason games would have trimmed some of the flab, but without them...we're walking into a new season like a drunk schlub stumbling around for a dollar to take the subway home. Disgruntled players, opt-outs, injuries, lack of 'chemistry' (i hate that phrase, btw), means the team will land flat on its face week 1. Only silver lining is the double-dip in the first round, but that's a long way off. 

Am I exaggerating, or is this team (and coaching staff) better than i think? 

I think we are winning the division, so no.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A starting-caliber midround RB and a promising interior OL and a potential QB2 for the next 4 years (something that was very much a need for anyone who didn't forget what happened when Darnold went down).  

We were promised nothing by Douglas, and rightly so.  You more than anyone understands that the draft is not about immediate gratification.  By trading down, he gave himself flexibility.  Leaving the draft with a franchise LT, a future WR1, what I believe will be a starting-caliber RB and starting-caliber G plus a QB is a haul.  Any one of us would have signed up for that pre-draft in a heartbeat.

If our next 2 drafts, with 4 first rounders, don't end up being offense heavy (especially at the top) I'll be right there with you.  

In the meantime, all of Douglas' guys (the ones that are healthy, that is) have been turning heads in camp, so I don't really know what the problem is.  Some of the best players on the team are already shaping up to be Douglas guys.  Not hard to do when compared to Macc, but that wasn't supposed to happen right away.  

i intentionally ignored the OG and QB because it didn't suite my narrative. 

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I think we are winning the division, so no.

These guys act like our division is made up of the a bunch of Jaugernaut teams and the 
49ers might role in here with Zero WRs ready to play. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Well in a passing league, we have a bottom-3 group of receivers and cornerbacks. And five new offensive linemen. We are basically asking Darnold to make this team win. 

But here is where the head coach should step up. Even though the league is now predominantly a passing league but you as a head coach knows that that is not the strength of your team which is the defense you must use the run to hide the weakNess in the passing game , control the game and by controlling game you keep your d off the field and they are fresh. If you win ugly it’s better than losing pretty 

9 hours ago, predator_05 said:

Not that we aren't psychologically prepared for being a bottom of the barrel, perennially underachieving team...but given the way this off-season has gone, i'm not sure rebuilding teams are capable of being competitive. Unusual off-seasons provide an advantage to teams with continuity, both in personnel and leadership. 

A few preseason games would have trimmed some of the flab, but without them...we're walking into a new season like a drunk schlub stumbling around for a dollar to take the subway home. Disgruntled players, opt-outs, injuries, lack of 'chemistry' (i hate that phrase, btw), means the team will land flat on its face week 1. Only silver lining is the double-dip in the first round, but that's a long way off. 

Yes @predator_05 it’s gonna be a long season.

They just don’t have the horses. let’s hope they stay healthy enough to play competitive football.

We would have had an well -- uneven season.  Even if the sports world hadn't been turned upside in the past five or six months.  So there's no way to compare what's going on to a standard season because everything's been changed.  Just got to roll with it and see what shakes out.  If they even make it to the first game without a shut down.

17 hours ago, predator_05 said:

Nice writing!