Jump to content

This is gonna be a rough season...isn't it?


predator_05
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 8/26/2020 at 11:54 AM, predator_05 said:

Not that we aren't psychologically prepared for being a bottom of the barrel, perennially underachieving team...but given the way this off-season has gone, i'm not sure rebuilding teams are capable of being competitive. Unusual off-seasons provide an advantage to teams with continuity, both in personnel and leadership. 

A few preseason games would have trimmed some of the flab, but without them...we're walking into a new season like a drunk schlub stumbling around for a dollar to take the subway home. Disgruntled players, opt-outs, injuries, lack of 'chemistry' (i hate that phrase, btw), means the team will land flat on its face week 1. Only silver lining is the double-dip in the first round, but that's a long way off. 

Am I exaggerating, or is this team (and coaching staff) better than i think? 

The Jets in 2020 will be GARBAGE  and anyone with an ounce of common sense can easily see that. When Joe Douglas needs to answer questions if the Jets have given up on the season,  then you know they have. The Jets lost their two best players and they didn't have crap for talent to begin with. That's the kiss of death when you have a sh*t GM that took a sh*t on the season when he traded Adams and did NOTHING to improve the team THIS season. The Jets are at best a 5-11 team.....

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

The Jets in 2020 will be GARBAGE  and anyone with an ounce of common sense can easily see that. When Joe Douglas needs to answer questions if the Jets have given up on the season,  then you know they have. The Jets lost their two best players and they didn't have crap for talent to begin with. That's the kiss of death when you have a sh*t GM that took a sh*t on the season when he traded Adams and did NOTHING to improve the team THIS season. The Jets are at best a 5-11 team.....

 

We didn't win with Adams either.  Douglas is a GM who finally has the right idea about roster building. 

Go root for Seattle if you truly believe Adams was that important and Douglas made the wrong call.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

We didn't win with Adams either.  Douglas is a GM who finally has the right idea about roster building. 

Go root for Seattle if you truly believe Adams was that important and Douglas made the wrong call.

Oh, so it's OK then just to give up on another season just because the Jets were sh*t before they traded their best player? What a foolish response! Lol We should be perennial losers when we have fans like you trying to justify their every DUMB move. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

The Jets in 2020 will be GARBAGE  and anyone with an ounce of common sense can easily see that. When Joe Douglas needs to answer questions if the Jets have given up on the season,  then you know they have. The Jets lost their two best players and they didn't have crap for talent to begin with. That's the kiss of death when you have a sh*t GM that took a sh*t on the season when he traded Adams and did NOTHING to improve the team THIS season. The Jets are at best a 5-11 team.....

Reading your post you seem to qualify as someone with an once of common sense.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The defense is weak outside and the secondary basically stinks. No pass rush

offense will be predictable and doesn’t have a guy to go to when everyone in the stadium knows he’s getting the ball but he still comes through 

pats and bills are the class of the division. 
 

J!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It all depends on one’s point of view as Obi Wan said:

Do you see the Jets as rebuilding or retooling? 

I’m of the latter opinion. When Parcells transformed a 1-15 Jets team to 9-7 - that helped to convince me of retooling. Then other regimes did the same many times in the salary cap, free agent era: competent regimes turn things around fast - there’s no such thing as rebuilding anymore.

Coming in Parcells had more to work with than Joe D & Gase. But they’ve now had a full offseason to refit, so I expect nothing less than 8-6ish going in to the final two games. 

Continuity shmantanuity. Let’s expect results rather than wallow in excuses. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/26/2020 at 11:59 AM, CSNY said:

Hard to say but as I have stated in other threads a lot of the success depends on how fast o line gels. I believe it will be as bad as it was last year for the first 6-8 games of season and as year goes by they become a more cohesive unit and there fore more wins. Also need to get a couple of more competent receivers. 

We are starting 1 rookie who was a #1 draft pick who has been getting rave reviews. Lewis is the only OL starter coming back from that treacherous joke of an OL from last year (and was the best player on that line). The other 3 OL, McGovern, Roten, and Fant are experienced and are light years better than the slop we threw out there last year. There is just no way this OL won’t be a significant upgrade. What’s with this doom and gloom. It’s gonna be boom and bloom!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No pass rush.

An o-line that hasn't had ANY time together

A coach that still hasn't shown me he has ANY idea how to engineer a running game.

Just lost their most talented player on D to trade.

Other most talented defensive player opted out.

Oh, and all the injuries, which are decimating the WR group and giving Sam no time to prepare with his guys.

With a schedule that's tougher than 2019, they'll be lucky to be 7-9.  I'm thinking more like 6-10 and the only question is does Gase get a 3rd year.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/26/2020 at 11:54 AM, predator_05 said:

Not that we aren't psychologically prepared for being a bottom of the barrel, perennially underachieving team...but given the way this off-season has gone, i'm not sure rebuilding teams are capable of being competitive. Unusual off-seasons provide an advantage to teams with continuity, both in personnel and leadership. 

A few preseason games would have trimmed some of the flab, but without them...we're walking into a new season like a drunk schlub stumbling around for a dollar to take the subway home. Disgruntled players, opt-outs, injuries, lack of 'chemistry' (i hate that phrase, btw), means the team will land flat on its face week 1. Only silver lining is the double-dip in the first round, but that's a long way off. 

Am I exaggerating, or is this team (and coaching staff) better than i think? 

When Mosely opted out, this season turned from having some promise to just seeing if Gase can get the offense right.

Best case scenario, Jets only get 4-5 wins, Gase is canned, Williams elevated, they bring in an OC with similar offense, draft an impact pass rusher in the top 5, add a CB and next year fight for a division title.

Worst case scenario is 2-14, Darnold throws for 17tds & 25picks, Gase blames him, owners buy it, Gase stays, they miss out on Lawrence, drafting a crapshoot QB at #2, and the locker room is a divided mess going into next yr.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, DirtyJersey said:

When Mosely opted out, this season turned from having some promise to just seeing if Gase can get the offense right.

Best case scenario, Jets only get 4-5 wins, Gase is canned, Williams elevated, they bring in an OC with similar offense, draft an impact pass rusher in the top 5, add a CB and next year fight for a division title.

Worst case scenario is 2-14, Darnold throws for 17tds & 25picks, Gase blames him, owners buy it, Gase stays, they miss out on Lawrence, drafting a crapshoot QB at #2, and the locker room is a divided mess going into next yr.

There is literally 0% chance of Gase surviving in this scenario. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/26/2020 at 12:48 PM, Matt39 said:

Double dipping on defense in round 3 was probably not the move. Especially with one of the guys apparently doing his best Jachai Polite impression.

How is this even a factor for this season?  This thread is about this season. These rookies , especially round 3 and later do very little their first years.  Want to look at the list of third rounders from last yr?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DirtyJersey said:

When Mosely opted out, this season turned from having some promise to just seeing if Gase can get the offense right.

Best case scenario, Jets only get 4-5 wins, Gase is canned, Williams elevated, they bring in an OC with similar offense, draft an impact pass rusher in the top 5, add a CB and next year fight for a division title.

Worst case scenario is 2-14, Darnold throws for 17tds & 25picks, Gase blames him, owners buy it, Gase stays, they miss out on Lawrence, drafting a crapshoot QB at #2, and the locker room is a divided mess going into next yr.

I agree with the bold...the rest of your post is nonsense.  :) 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...