Interesting article on Darnolds game vs Cincy

GreekJet

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Robby Anderson:  A guy who thought he was a WR1 but played with a WR2/WR3 mentality.

It's no wonder he was allowed to walk.  It's not hard to see situations where he did more harm than good for Darnold.  

Robby is a 1 on a team with no receivers 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Robby Anderson:  A guy who thought he was a WR1 but played with a WR2/WR3 mentality.

It's no wonder he was allowed to walk.  It's not hard to see situations where he did more harm than good for Darnold.  

Default WR1 here b/c the rosteris weak...    Sam still throws mostly crappy deep balls...  or else Robby has 8-10 Tds and 1k yds

Just now, Losmeister said:

Default WR1 here b/c the rosteris weak...    Sam still throws mostly crappy deep balls...  or else Robby has 8-10 Tds and 1k yds

Robby's 54 % catch rate was consistent regardless of who was throwing him passes.  Sam certainly gets a fair share of blame but this is 65/35 a Robby issue.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Robby's 54 % catch rate was consistent regardless of who was throwing him passes.  Sam certainly gets a fair share of blame but this is 65/35 a Robby issue.

I can easily show 4 TDs and 200 yds that Sam left on the field with his underthrows

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Watching that tape confirms what Darnold can do with garbage weapons. Getting Herndon back helps and the additions of Perriman/Mims more than make up for the loss of Anderson, but I would have given up a 1st (especially now knowing that we got 1sts for Adams) for Diggs to really give Darnold a legit weapon at WR. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Losmeister said:

I can easily show 4 TDs and 200 yds that Sam left on the field with his underthrows

Hence the 35 % blame that goes to Darnold.  I think that's more than fair.  

I can also look back and find a high number of 50/50 balls that Anderson didn't fight for and routes he gave up on.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

there were a few/several as i recoll;ect...  the 2 most glaring being week 1 Buffy (though the ball was underthronw and if a good throw woulda been a TD) and vs Cinci...  also an underthrow that woulda been a TD

The Buffalo throw was 100 percent on Darnold. The Cincy throw a mix of both. Was it a good throw? No, but Anderson wants to be a #1 type WR he makes that catch. 

For the most part I agree with you. Darnolds deep throws are not good and need to improve. Just don’t think Anderson is blameless. 

I would just really love to see what this kid can do with adequate protection.  He seems to be able to make all the throws (and more).  He's got a bit of the wacky Brett Favre to him and makes the occasional boneheaded pass for an INT, but I'll take that for all the upside he has.  He's had what feels like a million highlight reel type throws that have hit his WR in both hands that were dropped over the years.  I know he drives some of our fans crazy but IMO he has the best combination of talent and level-headedness that we've ever had at the QB position.  Plug him in on a team like Pittsburgh, Dallas or Tampa Bay last year and they probably win 10+ games easily.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

yeah but how much pressure was he under thanks to his OL?    or hampered by the flak jacket he was wearing thanks to mono.  Some fans just love to hate.....

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

yeah but how much pressure was he under thanks to his OL?    or hampered by the flak jacket he was wearing thanks to mono.  Some fans just love to hate.....

Dude. I like Sam. He's a good kid.

But he needs to make more big plays. Simple as that.

Now I see clearly. So that's why the Cheats cheated again by filming the Bengals press box. A preemptive cheating strike after what they saw from The Boot. So here's what happened in case anyone forgot:

This time around, the Patriots confessed and complied with this latest investigation after they were caught in the act by the Bengals’ security. The Patriots’ explanation was that a video crew hired by the organization mistakenly “inappropriately filmed the field from the press box” for a “Do Your Job” video series on an advance scout to publish on the team website.

Here's the link, because I love the smell of napalm in the morning:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/patriots-fined-2021-nfl-draft-pick-cheating-scandal

Go Shoe Booty!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

“Continuing to work on my deep-ball accuracy is huge for me,” Darnold said Tuesday during a conference call with reporters. “I feel like I left a couple opportunities out there on the field last year. I’m looking to hit those throws this year.”

• Sympathy 1

You should do this for every QB then.

One of the big reasons Bill Wash started the WCO, he said, was because of the low completion percentage of long passes that are completed by NFL QBs.  

Those kinds of passes, especially with JAG WRs and an OL that doesn’t give their QB time to throw are never going to allow for a high comp % on long pass plays. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

That dude on youtube did a summary... I've posted it elsewhere...

YouTube summaries can make a QB look like a HOF QB or a total JAG.  Ridiculously awful way to judge any player.  

Jachai Polite looks like a beast in his highlight video, same for a Gholstin

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

“Continuing to work on my deep-ball accuracy is huge for me,” Darnold said Tuesday during a conference call with reporters. “I feel like I left a couple opportunities out there on the field last year. I’m looking to hit those throws this year.”

see what i am sayn? There were plays, real big ones, he missed...     thats not HATE...  that me wanting our QB to do well...

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He was the only bright spot from Darnold's supporting cast in that game.