Kalen Ballage

4 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

If that were the case and it was for a top WR (let's say Allen Robinson as the Bears lost Montgomery for a few weeks), what would guys think about that?

Would leave us with Gore, Perine and Ballage at RB

That would be an upgrade for us. We would be fine at RB without Bell. Start the Rook. We desperately need WRs. That and the sooner we play the youngsters the better on a non contending team. Adding a top WR won't stunt Mims growth. 

If this move was made because they’re trading Bell or Gore just doesn’t have it (neither of which I think is true) then there are much better options to have explored. San Fran and Denver comes to mind, even signing Devonta Freeman.  This is some sort of depth move but I don’t get it.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Dolphins 4th rounder from 2018 being cut.  Had a fair rookie season under Gase/Loggains and fell of a cliff in 2019.  He was atrocious, 1.8 yards per carry over 70+ carries and I think there is a  video of him on JN  of him ducking when the ball comes at him.  

RB is one of the few places I am not looking for an upgrade and his lack of college production doesn't fit the general Joe Douglas (Donnell Pumphrey) mold, but I wonder what the coaches think of him and if think they can get anything out of him.  Being bad in pass pro was apparently a big issue and maybe he is just one of those knuckleheads that never gets it. 

Nice call

Bell held out of practice for a mystery hamstring injury. If he is back at practice tomorrow, this is just a depth move, add another body to the group. Cut him before final rosters are set, lose absolutely nothing. If Bell does not practice in the next couple of days, something is brewing.  

1 hour ago, LockeJET said:

That would be an upgrade for us. We would be fine at RB without Bell. Start the Rook. We desperately need WRs. That and the sooner we play the youngsters the better on a non contending team. Adding a top WR won't stunt Mims growth. 

I was just writing yesterday that douglas is going to trade bell and got mocked here.  

Gase doesn’t want bell, he’s got gore and Perine and now Ballage.  They need wrs.

Do we have a 7th rounder to burn for a trade like this, even a conditional one?

We still don't know if the 7th rounder ended up coming our way from Seattle in the Parry Nickerson trade from 2019.  At least not according to this:

https://www.prosportstransactions.com/football/DraftTrades/Future/Jets.htm

Round 7
Jets

Jets

Seahawks

Seahawks

Jets

Jets (conditional)

PICK MAY OR MAY NOT TRANSFER DEPENDING ON UNCONFIRMED CONDITIONS

Traded • Parry Nickerson to Seahawks for • 2021 conditional seventh round pick (?-?) on 2019-08-31

Conditions on pick are unconfirmed.

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I was just writing yesterday that douglas is going to trade bell and got mocked here. 

Adding Ballage does nothing to increase that likelihood.  4th string RBs are essentially special teamers.  Ballage is a poor runner.  

If we really needed a 4th string RB, we might as well have just kept or brought back Kenneth Dixon.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Adding Ballage does nothing to increase that likelihood.  4th string RBs are essentially special teamers.  Ballage is a poor runner.  

If we really needed a 4th string RB, we might as well have just kept or brought back Kenneth Dixon.

It's insane how everyone is freaking out about scooping up a depth player for virtually nothing. The only way the trade is for something is if Ballage surprises and makes the team as a RB or a special teams player. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I just don’t think gase wants bell and gore.  I could be wrong

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I just don’t think gase wants bell and gore.  I could be wrong

He definitely wants Gore and definitely does NOT want Bell, but that doesn't mean there's anything he can do about the latter.

They'll have to wait until the end of the season when it becomes financially feasible for a trade of Bell to happen, OR they'll cut him.  

under 2 yards a carry in 2019 definitely a reason to "sign the beast"

jets are going to dump bell the only credible proven guy on their team

they are going to "help sam" by taking away robby last year and bell this year-give him as little as possible to work with 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He definitely wants Gore and definitely does NOT want Bell, but that doesn't mean there's anything he can do about the latter.

They'll have to wait until the end of the season when it becomes financially feasible for a trade of Bell to happen, OR they'll cut him.  

If they truly believe in Perine they may look to package bell to get a wr.  

• Upvote 2

Jets acquired RB Kalen Ballage from the Dolphins in exchange for a conditional draft pick. 

Just ... why. Ballage is coming off one of the worst running back seasons in NFL history, but since Adam Gase coached him in Miami, he apparently had to have him in New York. Coach and executives' undying allegiance to players they either coached or drafted leads to many bad decisions. It's hard to see where Ballage could earn any work in the Jets' Le'Veon Bell/Frank Gore/Lamical Perine backfield. The conditional pick is likely contingent on Ballage making the 53-man roster, something we doubt happens.

lol, this fcking team. Ballage was a nice cinderalla draft prospect, but the fairytale is dead. 

• Upvote 1