Kalen Ballage

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The 49ers are in even more dire straits at WR than we are and still opted for Kevin White over Justin Hardy.  The same Kevin White that has a total of 8 NFL catches since 2017.

I can’t explain this. hardy has good tape and plays ST.

maybe he’s been eating donuts and hanging around highschools 

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Take away one big play and he averaged less the 1.5 yards a touch. He sucks. They should just say STer (not return man) traded to the Jets and it’s still embarrassing. 

A little over the top.  It was the mid-3 ypc.  If you are counting receiving yards and going per touch it was 3.9.

We traded a conditional 6th round pick to Indy last year for Nate Hairston.  He played in a number of games for us but he didn’t play enough to reach the conditions so we got the pick back and still have him. You guys need to chill out, it’s probably an unreachable condition. It’s just a way to bring him in for a look.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I thought the chart I saw said we either got the 7th from Seattle or didn’t have a 7th at all.

As far as I can tell, they still have it.  I told you that before.  The chart you posted earlier seems to show it.  prosportstransactions.com shows it.  They have an extra 1st and 3rd.  I doubt they will get the pick for Nickerson.  They got the 6th they traded for Demaryius Thomas back when they traded out of the 3rd.  In 2022 they don't have a 4th, but that isn't a bad deal for the Seahawks 1st. 

As @Joejet points out, they traded their 6th to the Colts for Hairston, but the conditions weren't met and the kept the pick.  They took Braden Mann.  They also got a 6th from the Chiefs for Darron Lee.  I'm not sure which was in the Hairston deal, but they traded the Lee pick for Quincy Wilson.  They essentially traded the same pick to the Colts twice.  For Darron Lee and their 6th rounder, they ended up with Braden Mann, Nate Hairston and Quincy Wilson.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Take away one big play and he averaged less the 1.5 yards a touch. He sucks. They should just say STer (not return man) traded to the Jets and it’s still embarrassing. 

I think you’re talking about his 2019, without Gase. 

I kinda like the deal.  

1) It's a conditional pick for a guy about to dropped, so I'm going to guess it's not going to be an easily reached condition.  

2) Last year, Miami sucked in terms of running because their OL is terrible.  We excuse Bell as being stuck behind a bad OL, but Ballage was in a similar boat.  He had good numbers the year before, and then fell off the boat.  Kenyan Drake fell off the cliff last year as well, until he was traded.  After he was dealt? Stud.  

3) I see this as more of a 2021 move, where Bell most likely will be traded/released because I doubt they carry his cap hit.  Gore probably moves on.  That would leave Perrine and the need to draft a RB, whereas Ballage knows the system and has high upside.  

Yeah, I'd love to trade for a WR as well, but I'm sure other teams value WRs just as much as we want one.  

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, win4ever said:

I kinda like the deal.  

1) It's a conditional pick for a guy about to dropped, so I'm going to guess it's not going to be an easily reached condition.  

2) Last year, Miami sucked in terms of running because their OL is terrible.  We excuse Bell as being stuck behind a bad OL, but Ballage was in a similar boat.  He had good numbers the year before, and then fell off the boat.  Kenyan Drake fell off the cliff last year as well, until he was traded.  After he was dealt? Stud.  

3) I see this as more of a 2021 move, where Bell most likely will be traded/released because I doubt they carry his cap hit.  Gore probably moves on.  That would leave Perrine and the need to draft a RB, whereas Ballage knows the system and has high upside.  

Yeah, I'd love to trade for a WR as well, but I'm sure other teams value WRs just as much as we want one.  

Miami’s 2018 team, coached by Gase,  was very different in 2019. 

fun fact, in 2018: Frank Gore, Kalen Ballage, David Fales 

...but also, this:

28CCDF74-ECC9-4755-813C-35545D324CF8.jpeg