Really hope this isn't a set up for Lev Bell trade

AFJF

55 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Can we get a chance to see him run behind an nfl caliber oline before we write him off??

The line was good enough to get us to 6-2, second best second half record in the entire league.  Yes, they were bad, but if Le’Veon is an elite back he would have found some success.  Not a lot. Just some. And he didn’t. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The line was good enough to get us to 6-2, second best second half record in the entire league.  Yes, they were bad, but if Le’Veon is an elite back he would have found some success.  Not a lot. Just some. And he didn’t. 

SAR I

Agreed and I never thought Bell was a good fit here. I think it's obvious that anytime he's on the field we're giving him the ball and I think that takes away from Sam Darnold's growth.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Why would you not care?  And if you don't care whose fault it was then did you not care that Macc was fired for all of his bad decisions?

Whoever made the decision is certainly accountable. But what matters right now heading into September is that if we can get something of value and trade Bell to a team where he might have a chance of success and not complain when he is part of a three-man rotation, that sounds good.

Its good for jersey sales too.   90% of all the new Nike’s were Adams, Bell, and Anderson.  With them gone we sell a lot more merch. 

SAR I

4 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

This trade doesn't mean anything. Hope Perine turns into our future HB dude has wheels.

The trend with running backs in today’s NFL is that you know instantly if they are great or not. They just show up and immediately play at a high-level.

With the Bell trade imminent, it’s clear that Perine is ready to be a star.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Whoever made the decision is certainly accountable. But what matters right now heading into September is that if we can get something of value and trade Bell to a team where he might have a chance of success and not complain when he is part of a three-man rotation, that sounds good.

Its good for jersey sales too.   90% of all the new Nike’s were Adams, Bell, and Anderson.  With them gone we sell a lot more merch. 

SAR I

"Whoever" meaning "Gase/CJ" then, correct?

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I don’t care whose fault it is, Bell is awful.  No matter how bad our OL, an elite NFL back should have had at least a handful of decent runs.  Lev is Mr. 2nd and 12. 

SAR I

Jets had the 3rd worst OL in NFL history which buys Bell an excuse but not by much since I really think he lost a gear even with his year off, and he was never fast to begin with.

Another horrific panic signing by another total incompetent who was handed the Jet GM job by the stupidest owner in the league.

I actually liked the signing initially because I thought he’d be the perfect security blanket for Darnold knowing he would still always be running for his life on any pass play and would have Bell to check down too.

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I'd be more than willing to trade Bell and one of our third round picks next year for Cooper kupp or James Washington. Juju Smith Schuster is a pipe dream as far as I'm concerned unless JD can work some kind of magic?

The Steelers trading for Bell.  lmao

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

The Steelers already have too many RBs - Connor, Snell, McFarland, Samuels.  No way they want or need Bell.

Connor is very injury prone and in the last year of his contract.  The other guys you mentioned are JAGs

Plus Ben is 38 and already thinking about retirement.  This might be the last year in a long time the Steelers are even competitive 

Just now, Greenbloodblitz said:

They never wanted him to leave it was a story about 2 years ago. There definitely were rumors about him being traded back to them since he never got the money he thought he was going to get

They offered Bell similar money to what he ended up getting from us

Just now, Greenbloodblitz said:

They never wanted him to leave it was a story about 2 years ago. There definitely were rumors about him being traded back to them since he never got the money he thought he was going to get

The Steelers would be on the hook for his $13M+ cap hit this season.  They're not taking that on.  They only currently have $4.7M in cap space.  

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Anyone trading for Bell is laughable. There is no reason to trade assets for running backs at all. 

Nope.  Why trade draft assets for Bell, and be on the hook for $13M, when you can just pick up Devonta Freeman for about $4M?

No one is going to be desperate for a RB.  Not in 2020.

3 hours ago, 82nd Airborne said:

Bell is not awful, let's hope our OL can get it together this year. Last year line was abysmal;, therefore, your opinion about Bell is not reasonable. 

That was incorrect editing you did there.  I didn't say Bell was awful.  SAR I said it.  I questioned him as to why (if he thought that Bell was awful, which he did say) he didn't care whose fault it was that we acquired him.

image.thumb.png.daaffee7303016db54c5526e975f0238.png

Can we get a chance to see him run behind an nfl caliber oline before we write him off??

We have. And he was a top 3 RB in the league as a result.
I don’t care if JD feels like moving on from anyone at this point but the idea that Bell sucks because of last season is preposterous.

People are silly man.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

If they didnt want him to leave they would have signed him.

Now theyre going to trade for him at our $$ and according to JoeWilly giver us JuJu