Jump to content

Hauschka released


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Buffalo is a tough place to make 50+ yd FG. On the other hand he was 39/44 (89%) inside 50 yards the last 2 years. 

Right, but for comparison purposes, Heinz Field is even tougher, yet middling Kicker Chris Boswell is 8/11 from 50+ in his career to date.

At 35, Hauschka is close to being toast.  Still an upgrade over Maher/Ficken, however. 

And Hauschka being cut is not purely a performance-based decision; the Bills just used a 6th round pick on a Kicker in April.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Right, but for comparison purposes, Heinz Field is even tougher, yet middling Kicker Chris Boswell is 8/11 from 50+ in his career to date.

At 35, Hauschka is close to being toast.  Still an upgrade over Maher/Ficken, however. 

And Hauschka being cut is not purely a performance-based decision; the Bills just used a 6th round pick on a Kicker in April.

8/11 isn’t that much better 5/12.  Yes Pittsburgh isn’t like playing in a dome but Buffalo has the worst elements in the nfl hands down

 

Hauschka was also good in Seattle and kicked in big games

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

8/11 isn’t that much better 5/12.  Yes Pittsburgh isn’t like playing in a dome but Buffalo has the worst elements in the nfl hands down

 

Hauschka was also good in Seattle and kicked in big games

72% vs 42%.  Pretty big difference.

 

is Maher not our guy now?  Would have thought he could take the job. EDIT:  looked up his stats - was AWFUL last year.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, heymangold said:

72% vs 42%.  Pretty big difference.

 

is Maher not our guy now?  Would have thought he could take the job. EDIT:  looked up his stats - was AWFUL last year.

We have Ficken who was not bad last year which was essentially his rookie season

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

  I like egg rolls. This Thread is so unimportant I would just like to take the time to let you know that I like egg rolls. Do you guys like egg rolls?

If last year taught us anything it's that kickers are not important...oh wait

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...