McDougald is going to be an underrated piece

Don’t know if you guys checked out One Jets Drive’s last episode on Tuesday but this guy is the perfect locker room presence. Humble, hard worker and permanent chip on his shoulder I think it also helps that he’s pretty good as well. He’s a solid “JD” guy as far as personality goes.

cool part is they can deploy McDougald at FS & Maye at SS or vice versa & see absolutely no drop off from either position. Both players can play both positions, have experience playing both positions & aren’t liabilities in coverage. For year one, imo, Davis should just be a sub-package piece & ST player. I know that isn’t an ideal role for a 3rd rounder but I really think his major role will develop with the team in a year from now.

• Upvote 3

All that and 2 other pluses, McDougald is both humble and not the big mouth Adams is, and he likely can cut fruit/vegetables without nearly losing a finger.  Heck at least Ronny Lott lost his finger in a game when it got so mangled he chose to have it removed instead of leave the field. Now that's a tough guy.

And don't forget Williams has a lot of 3 Safety packages where Davis will get in on without taking the starters off the field.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Davis is gonna be a beast. Feel like he can do it all back there, with his range, he’ll be huge piece to this defense. I’m confident he’ll have more picks his rookie season then Jamal has had ever. 

Agreed. Coaches say he soaks up info like a sponge. McDougald says he dissects X’s & O’s really well for a rookie, he’s always asking questions and he’s an extremely hard worker. 

you match that with his elite athletic traits & he has a chance to be pretty damn good. I think a year from now, he’ll be ready to start.

34 minutes ago, Larz said:

TEs are running wild on this defense. But thankfully nobody is tweeting anything I don’t like. That’s worth 8 pts a game right there 

maybe the te's are pretty good.  not many db's or safeties could cover gronk.  not saying herndon/wesco/griffen are gronk but a fast big guy who can catch is a pretty good weapon.

47 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

All that and 2 other pluses, McDougald is both humble and not the big mouth Adams is, and he likely can cut fruit/vegetables without nearly losing a finger.  Heck at least Ronny Lott lost his finger in a game when it got so mangled he chose to have it removed instead of leave the field. Now that's a tough guy.

And don't forget Williams has a lot of 3 Safety packages where Davis will get in on without taking the starters off the field.

1250911055_RonnieLottxMT2hGJ.jpg.e0a6e8f8d5b61b9981e41f1779138bfc.jpg