Jump to content

Donte Moncrief to the Jets


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd agree he's worth signing, and is about as good a player as we can hope for from off the street right now. Moncrief has always had a lot of talent, but he is very inconsistent. Big and fast, h

Rather him than Kevin White, 10x over.  

Yeah, people are really going overboard with the JD missed on the WRs thing. I would have liked a 2nd WR in the draft, but would a 4th round rookie really make us feel more secure about our WR po

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Maybe the Jags are worse? Lions? Def bottom 3-5. 
..................................................................

We have one of the best DL vs. the run, we have vastly improved the OL and the secondary, we dumped the most overhyped safety in the game saving millions and garnered 2# 1 picks in the process, we have one of the best young up and coming QB’s in the NFL, we lucked out getting a stud WR in 2nd round that was slated to go in Rd 1. We finally have a GM who knows how to wheel and deal and whose pocketbook is as tight as a duck’s azz and won’t overspend or hand out overpriced contracts.....and understands how to build a strong foundation. 
Stop the beachin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Can't hurt. 

So, opening day WRs might be:

  1. Perriman
  2. Crowder
  3. Mims (?)
  4. Berrios
  5. Moncrief 
  6. Hogan

Look its not the greatest show on turf, but I dont absolutely hate it given the state of the team.  I think moncreif has obviously the hardest road to stick, any of the young guys that can be more valuable on special teams comes back he's probably cut.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

JD needs to hire every scrub off the street. It is simple math. If you lose one WR per practice to injury it hurts less when they’re all bad.

More seriously, at the current injury rate we have to bring in bodies if only to be certain we can even field a complete team on day one. No way you hire Moncrief if the squad is healthy. No way you don’t hire him or another like him in the current circumstances.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2020 at 3:31 PM, predator_05 said:

This dude at WR, and Ballage at RB. Worst offense ever. 

And as much as Mac sucked there’s only so long jets fans can blame him.  JD has been the GM for over a year now and we have no depth at skill positions 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And as much as Mac sucked there’s only so long jets fans can blame him.  JD has been the GM for over a year now and we have no depth at skill positions 

Cut price FAs like Perriman are the best he can do, possibly the best available. 

I'm really keen on seeing what he does next year. Loaded FA class, lots of good skill position guys. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

All of our starters were way better than Moncreif and Hogan

Moncrief and Hogan weren't signed to be starters.

What team in the NFL could withstand 3 of their top 4 WRs being injured, plus numerous backups?

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Cut price FAs like Perriman are the best he can do, possibly the best available. 

I'm really keen on seeing what he does next year. Loaded FA class, lots of good skill position guys. 

Really liked this past draft for the jets but JD should have been more aggressive in free agency and we should have traded Adams for a pick this year 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Really liked this past draft for the jets but JD should have been more aggressive in free agency and we should have traded Adams for a pick this year 

Why would Seattle want to trade this year’s pick if they’re in win now mode. Probably realized not many other teams kicking down door for Adams. Pushing trade back for 21/22 picks lessens the pain for them and keeps the fans quiet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Why would Seattle want to trade this year’s pick if they’re in win now mode. Probably realized not many other teams kicking down door for Adams. Pushing trade back for 21/22 picks lessens the pain for them and keeps the fans quiet. 

Jets should have traded Adams earlier before the 2020 draft.  We needed that 2nd first rounder to get Jeudy or Lamb

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Philc1 said:

Jets should have traded Adams earlier before the 2020 draft.  We needed that 2nd first rounder to get Jeudy or Lamb

We should have taken a 1st and 4th instead of 2 1sts, a 3rd and a starting Safety?

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I think of the two scrubs Hogan and Moncreif at least one starts week 1 and they both end up starting at some point

Because the intended starters are hurt, yes?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...