Jets Training Camp 8.29

38 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Honestly for all the sarcasm and gloom, I feel like the team is on the cusp of being good. 

It's a complete unknown, more than ever this year with no preseason games.  I am always optimistic but that scrimmage was really discouraging.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Is it acceptable that I don't know who Jeff Smith is while simultaneously be worried about his injury?

I think he has a chance to be a decent player if he ever gets time.  Quick as the dickens.  But made a late position change at Boston College so he's only been playing WR for a few years.

3 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

We'll probably see alot of Herdon flexed out wide this season - has some interesting potential for mismatches 

why throwing fades and not back shoulder? seems like the only Jets QB to EVER do that was Fitz for a minute in 2015....

• WTF? 1

I read some Bills forum last night and they seem to be having a great camp. Their scrimmage was what we hoped from our team. I hope they come in over confident and we smack them in the mouth but I am starting to brace myself. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

I read some Bills forum last night and they seem to be having a great camp. Their scrimmage was what we hoped from our team. I hope they come in over confident and we smack them in the mouth but I am starting to brace myself. 

The advantage of building a team around a young QB. They've done a nice job with that roster. We are in like year 13 of our rebuild. Patience. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

The advantage of building a team around a young QB. They've done a nice job with that roster. We are in like year 13 of our rebuild. Patience. 

We're in year 2 of the postMacc roster cleanse...

Just think of the $ for these 3 players and what they have contributed...CJ, Bell and Tru. 

(sad about Cjs injury...)

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

It is hard to admit that the Bills will be good, but unless Josh Allen turns it over a couple of times, we will probably lose. I don't believe in him but he doesn't have to be nearly as good to help his team win as Sam does. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

"He looks better this year. The turnovers are down. He’s undoubtedly processing things quicker. He seems more comfortable. He just hasn’t done anything to make me believe he’s ready to ascend into the upper echelon of quarterbacks."

who ya think wrotethat?

What’s he going to do in 7 practices to make you believe? I can’t believe guys get paid to write this stuff. 

• Upvote 1