Artificial Crowd Noise?

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-football/report-nfl-considering-policy-pump-crowd-noise-stadiums#:~:text=The%20NFL%20rules%20state%20that,be%20played%20in%20the%20stadium.%22&text=While%20this%20decision%20hasn't,of%20live%20sports%20in%202020.

Report: NFL considering policy to pump crowd noise into stadiums

Sounds like this is likely going to happen

What are the odds that *$$hole Goodell doesn't have strict parameters in place first, teams are able to make their own decisions, and The Cheats have extra loud volume for opposing teams (along with opposing teams coach/qb headsets mysteriously not working) suddenly pumped in during crucial moments? ... as well as vacuum of outer-space silence for themselves?

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Pretty sure though this was already done deal. 

by "done deal" do you mean that there are parameters on what is & is not ok? if so, any place i can see them?  thx!

8 minutes ago, ljr said:

by "done deal" do you mean that there are parameters on what is & is not ok? if so, any place i can see them?  thx!

Not what I meant I just figured they would use crowd noise like a laugh track on a sitcom. I think they would almost have to. That’s all. 

• Upvote 1

I liked the idea floated for MLB. Fans download an app and can select: clap, cheer, or boo. The volume of the crowd noise is directly tied to the number of fans participating at any given moment. 

My idea: offer special in-app purchases for swear words, and stadium specific chants. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I liked the idea floated for MLB. Fans download an app and can select: clap, cheer, or boo. The volume of the crowd noise is directly tied to the number of fans participating at any given moment. 

My idea: offer special in-app purchases for swear words, and stadium specific chants. 

that sounds awesome

1 hour ago, ljr said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-football/report-nfl-considering-policy-pump-crowd-noise-stadiums#:~:text=The%20NFL%20rules%20state%20that,be%20played%20in%20the%20stadium.%22&text=While%20this%20decision%20hasn't,of%20live%20sports%20in%202020.

Report: NFL considering policy to pump crowd noise into stadiums

Sounds like this is likely going to happen

What are the odds that *$$hole Goodell doesn't have strict parameters in place first, teams are able to make their own decisions, and The Cheats have extra loud volume for opposing teams (along with opposing teams coach/qb headsets mysteriously not working) suddenly pumped in during crucial moments? ... as well as vacuum of outer-space silence for themselves?

In before "Well, how could you expect Darnold to play well with all that fake crowd noise..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, ljr said:

Like baseball?

Does it really make a difference?  Bet on the field the difference in different levels will be negligible 

44 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Just another tool for the cheating Patriots to hack and crank decibels beyond NFL's protocol. 

• Post of the Week 1
2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Does it really make a difference?  Bet on the field the difference in different levels will be negligible 

It makes a difference with real crowd noise.

you are assuming all teams play fair if you believe "difference in different levels will be negligible"

---

I can think of at least 1 team that won't play fair unless there are strict, firm rules in place ... then there will be a 97% chance that they still cheat

41 minutes ago, ljr said:

It makes a difference with real crowd noise.

you are assuming all teams play fair if you believe "difference in different levels will be negligible"

---

I can think of at least 1 team that won't play fair unless there are strict, firm rules in place ... then there will be a 97% chance that they still cheat

I just dont think the differences between piped in sound will be that huge.  It will be more of a fan discussion than an advantage for teams.  

And then, if there isnt a mandated noise level why wouldn't every team pump it up to Seattle like levels?  Why are we assuming the Pats, who as of now will have 20,000 fans in the stands will be the only team to do it? If the Pats do and the Bills or Jets dont isnt it shame on them?

I just dont see it.  Thats all.  

Guess we'll see how different one stadium will be from another.  

27 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

Just before each kickoff. Do the air horns and the JETS chant. That’s it. I want to hear the pads colliding and the on field banter.

NO JETS CHANT

That thing is gone for good and is like the only positive in this whole situation.  

SAR I

• Confused 1
  • Post of the Week 1
7 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Do you have to use the app to see how long the bathroom line is?

12 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

If you don't like noise at stadiums , why do you go to the games ? HUMMMMMM ? Stay home and eat stale pretzels in your underwear .

We like the noise at the stadium.  It’s the chant that we abhor.  

We don’t go to games to participate in a spelling bee with a bunch of 65 year old drunks. 

SAR I

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We don’t go to games to participate in a spelling bee with a bunch of 65 year old drunks. 

SAR I

Will they be piping in the farting too?

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Correction.

A lot of those drunks partcipating in the spelling bee are under 65 years old.

23 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

The fake noise does nothing in baseball . It won't do anything in football either .

The alternative of no noise will give you the same vibe as watching paint peel.

Watching and following sports is a big part of my life and the last 5 months have been brutal with this pseudo sports environment we have now.

But I gotta say when I did tune in to some Mets games, I was grateful they did have the piped in crowd noise because otherwise I would have had to check my blood pressure every 5 minutes to see if I had a pulse.

I am for the crowd noise for the NFL and hope they do pipe in the Jet's chant for our games.

Anything to make it look and sound like normal.

29 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

Correction.

A lot of those drunks partcipating in the spelling bee are under 65 years old.

Were under 65 years old.  Were.

Remember, the chant was dead as of 2012 when all the cheapskates that took tickets in the PSL-free upper deck stopped coming when the Ryan Jets were clearly over.  It was barely a whisper in 2018 and  2019, I was at every game last year and if I heard it 5 times in total it was a lot. 

The fanbase that flipped in 2010 with the PSL's isn't into it, simple as that.  It's a relic from the 80's and no one is into it anymore.  With covid, you have to assume a large swath of older season ticket holders aren't coming back.  So the last legs the stupid chant was on is now over and done.  Good riddance to it and any memory of Fireman Ed.

SAR I