Ngakoue traded to Vikings

prime21

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Cousins threw for 4300 yards, 30/10 td/int, and a 99.7 QBR last year. We’d better hope Sam ever has a season like that

Apples and Oranges

Ones a known quantity,  which is a stat compiler but a choker in the big prime time games. As for Darnold we don't know who he is yet. I'm extremely hopeful though after watching Darnold lead a weakened roster to a 6-2 finish last season, and Sam still finished with a winning record (7-6) as a starter. Not everyone is a winner as a starter. Some QB's (Baker) are surrounded with an all-star supporting cast, and still finish 6-10. 

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

PFT is reporting that Ngakoue will take a pay cut with the Vikings. He'll play for $13.5 mil instead of the franchise tag price of $17.788 mil .

Does anyone know how Minny can trade for a franchised player if they already have a franchised player on their roster ? 

Ngakoue never signed his Franchise tag, so I guess if traded, he can play for whatever $ he wants. Does this mean he was a FA signing? And if so will Jags get a 3rd rd. compensatory pick on top of the draft picks from Vikes? Don’t understand how a FA player who was tagged but never signed tag can be traded yet not play at the tagged valuation?!

6 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Ngakoue never signed his Franchise tag, so I guess if traded, he can play for whatever $ he wants. Does this mean he was a FA signing? And if so will Jags get a 3rd rd. compensatory pick on top of the draft picks from Vikes? Don’t understand how a FA player who was tagged but never signed tag can be traded yet not play at the tagged valuation?!

See below in blue.  I'm not clear on this either.

The deal will see the Vikings send a 2021 second-round pick and a conditional 2022 pick that could either be in the third round (if the Vikings win the Super Bowl and Ngakoue makes the Pro Bowl), the fourth round (if Ngakoue makes the Pro Bowl and the Vikings don’t win the Super Bowl) or the fifth round (if Ngakoue doesn’t make the Pro Bowl) to the Jaguars.

Ngakoue has to sign his franchise tag for the deal to become official, and the Vikings need to restructure some of their other contracts to fit Ngakoue’s $17.788 million salary under the cap. But it’s expected that will get done soon, and Ngakoue will play for the Vikings in 2020.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/30/jaguars-vikings-agree-to-yannick-ngakoue-trade/

In terms of the comp to the Jags....a 2nd and either a 3rd, 4th or 5th.....seems reasonable.  However, the conditions mentioned don't see to have anything to do with Ngakoue staying beyond 2020.  In other words, he still becomes a FA in 2021 and could walk after the Vikes gave up a 2nd and another pick?  The conditions are all around Viking and Ngakoue success in 2020.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

One can only hope. Whoa I forgot they have Kurt Cousins so everything is fine with the O. They wanted Cousins so badly that they beat out the Jets for him and we all said at the time it would crush they're cap down the road. They can't currently fit Ngakoue under the cap and will have to structure a lot of other contracts. I say f*#k em . 

The thing about Cousins is that we'd still have our 2nd round picks.....also a thing is that Mac would have been making the picks so...... :( Would have been interesting in an alternate reality but hell no not with Mac making the selections.   

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

PFT is reporting that Ngakoue will take a pay cut with the Vikings. He'll play for $13.5 mil instead of the franchise tag price of $17.788 mil .

Does anyone know how Minny can trade for a franchised player if they already have a franchised player on their roster ? 

Yes. "franchised player on the roster" isn't a thing. Teams have one tag they can use each offseason. But the player they tag isn't on the roster until he signs. 

Harris signed a 1 year deal at the franchise tag number. To facilitate the deal, Ngakoue will do the same. Neither player will be "franchised" at that point

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Vikings extended  Cousins for an additional 2 yr. $66m. He’s there thru ‘22 I think. Their cap  Situation will be bad if cap space goes down next yr. along with Cowboys and others

I'm pretty sure that the cap WILL go down next year by all indications. When it comes to the Vikings and Cousins like I said ...... F*#K EM. 

• Upvote 1

Never thought the Jets were that interested. JD wants to play out this season to see what he has. His emphasis on character makes sense at this stage. He’s slowly clearing out the loons and establishing a good fb culture.  This is all part of undoing years of managerial malpractice. 

He also wants to give Gase a chance to coach a team capable of being a cohesive unit   Many here don’t believe he’s capable of doing that. May well be right. But he deserves a chance. Giving Gase that chance will make it easier to hire an “A” coaching candidate than if he’s cut off at the knees. 

Once done, he can bring in some guys who are difficult to coach.  Talent can be brought into a solid locker room. 

All this assumes that JD is the guy. We don’t know that yet but the early indications are positive. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/30/2020 at 10:38 AM, T0mShane said:

He’s like Matt Ryan in that he’s a purgatory QB. Good enough to be expensive, not good enough to win you anything. 

Oh, man, the absolute nonsense of a handful of Jets fans saying to "get it done (Cousins)!" So here's what happened. Cousins tested the $ waters and said no to the Jets. Talk about the Jets dodging the bullet of the century. COUSINS SAID NO, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. So Mike Maccagnan, after dangling that payday carrot to an above average schlump in wolf's clothing, Cousins, who on good days was Johnny Unitas and on bad days was Curtis Painter, would've doomed the team until at least 2024.

I say that tongue in cheek because Jetsin2024 was a handle of yours elsewhere about 15 years ago, and it's almost here. In reality, Cousins would've probably doomed the Jets until AFTER 2024 or thereabouts;  but there you were thinking that 2024 - as a joke, because it was so far away at the time - would be a good hazarded guess when the Jets might possibly reel it in IN THE FUTURE. Haha, we're still trying not to drown without taking the lifeguard with us. 

Anyway, fast forward, and Maccagnan landed Shoe Booty, which you know he used in every way possible to leverage and justify keeping his job. Yeah, well, Cousins "was the one who got away". People have short term memories how bad that would've been and why. Long live The Boot, but I'm glad Maccagnan got kicked in his ass. Cousins, I can feel the chunks rising just thinking about it.  People have no idea what to be grateful for sometimes, even if it's blind luck. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Apples and Oranges

Ones a known quantity,  which is a stat compiler but a choker in the big prime time games. As for Darnold we don't know who he is yet. I'm extremely hopeful though after watching Darnold lead a weakened roster to a 6-2 finish last season, and Sam still finished with a winning record (7-6) as a starter. Not everyone is a winner as a starter. Some QB's (Baker) are surrounded with an all-star supporting cast, and still finish 6-10. 

FYI I made this same argument in like 2007 as to why Kellen Clemens was better than Eli Manning.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Guys that have the chance to choke are better than those who never reach the heights of being in or contending for the playoffs.

Cousins is a good QB, 67% career comp rating, 5 times 25 tds or more, 4 times over 4,000 yards passing, 2 time pro bowler.

He is not in a group of the elite QBs of the league but he is a good QB.

It’s extraordinary that being one of a dozen or so human beings on the entire planet good enough to operate at the level Cousins operates at has him marked down as a ‘choker’ by the ‘experts’ on online fan forums.....borderline laughable how deluded some people are

• Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Omg that feels like it’s true but I’ve stricken it from my memory

It's definitely true. Having a mind like a camera is one of my many joyous lasting side effects of a coma I was in in 2003. Unfortunately, I didn't wake up like Derek Amato with Acquired Savant Syndrome. I didn't become a savant of much of anything, but I sure am an idiot. Jets . . .

I shouldn't be alive, and nobody can explain it. I know that I'm in a medical journal or three; especially since survival meant being blind, deaf, non-ambulatory and retarded; although the old man swears I didn't skate on one of those. Well, where is Paul Harvey when you need him? Because now you know the REST of the story! It was a Rich Kotite avatar, btw.