Training Camp Tweets 8/30 Green and White Scrimmage (jk it’s just a practice) Edition

kdels62

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yeah but honestly I feel like even though he didn’t scramble a lot, he still navigated thru pressure well enough to spare himself some of those sacks he probably should of gotten sacked on had he been not as good at doing so.

4th in pressure speaks volumes. I believe he was pressured nearly 50% on his drop backs for a good stretch of the season. I forget exactly which weeks.

well overall it was in the near 29%....    the NE and Jax games were back to back...  7 INT and sacked 8 vs Jax...

navigating in the pocket he seems to do pretty well...   but ESCAPING? nah, not so much, at least not that i recollect...

i wonder if thats tracked "sacks avoided"..   its subjective, of course, but you could probbaly get 100% to agree that Deshaun Watson

"should have been sacked" vs the Bills.

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

well overall it was in the near 29%....    the NE and Jax games were back to back...  7 INT and sacked 8 vs Jax...

navigating in the pocket he seems to do pretty well...   but ESCAPING? nah, not so much, at least not that i recollect...

i wonder if thats tracked "sacks avoided"..   its subjective, of course, but you could probbaly get 100% to agree that Deshaun Watson

"should have been sacked" vs the Bills.

Agreed that he definitely needs to use his legs a bit more. He should take off a little more this season now that he’s healthy. I don’t wanna make too many excuses for him but another reason could be the giant spine protector he was wearing all year, as well as the risk of hurting himself when running in open field. This year is another story. He doesn’t have to be Lamar Jackson but he’s sneaky athletic & quick enough to get a first on 3rd & 5.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MykePM said:

Sam is generally a decent (not elite) runner, so if he gets back to that and can start making teams pay for not accounting for that possibility, it may open up other opportunities for the offense.

I agree, He also sometimes passed up pretty safe completions going for chunks that didnt come off...

a combo of improvements in thos areas would help alot...gives us more FDs and more opps to score....

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Larz.. how do you throw over half your season total in touchdowns under pressure but overall did not handle it well enough to rank 64th?

It says to me that he was under pressure basically every snap. And wasn’t he something like the highest-ranked QB over the last five games?

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

There was nobody in his face...

And guess what, still means squat, even if it were true.  I said especially under duress, not every case is while under duress.

QBs throw off their back foot at times, Mahomes throws from every angle, he successful so no one cares, if he weren't they'd talk about poor mechanics. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

There was nobody in his face...

Yeah throwing off your back foot is mostly unnecessary and can be cut down on.

Most of Darnolds bad throws and picks last year came from short arming, and throwing off of his back foot.

Is it Fixable? Yes. Is it still a bad habit? Yes.

39 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Larz.. how do you throw over half your season total in touchdowns under pressure but overall did not handle it well enough to rank 64th?

Seriously dude?  The great QBs love pressure because they know how to beat it and don’t get pressured that often. Darnold didn’t handle it well so defenses gave him a steady diet of it. He just had more opportunity to throw touchdowns under pressure because defenses didn’t fear pressuring him 

• Upvote 1