Training Camp Tweets 8/30 Green and White Scrimmage (jk it’s just a practice) Edition

kdels62

30 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Funny that Mahomes & Brees have 2 offensive weapons ranked in the top 3 at their position & Sams weapons get picked in the 8th round in fantasy. 
Brees- Thomas + Kamara

Mahomes- Hill + Kelce

who's picking Jets in fantasy football, in the 8th round no less?......oh yeah...the guys that lose.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

Seriously dude?  The great QBs love pressure because they know how to beat it and don’t get pressured that often. Darnold didn’t handle it well so defenses gave him a steady diet of it. He just had more opportunity to throw touchdowns under pressure because defenses didn’t fear pressuring him 

again...64th? Seriously dude?

44 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

It’s easier for brees and Mahomes to handle pressure because they have actual viable targets to throw to. 

If you’re Sam, not are you instantly pressured up the middle, but nobody has the ability to get open. Plus your coach is calling plays that take 10 seconds to develop when you only have 2 to throw.

There are a LOT of facts that going into making those percentages up.

That’s the Pennington argument. If he needs everything around him to be above average to succeed than he’s just a JAG isn’t he?

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And guess what, still means squat, even if it were true.  I said especially under duress, not every case is while under duress.

QBs throw off their back foot at times, Mahomes throws from every angle, he successful so no one cares, if he weren't they'd talk about poor mechanics. 

Dude, It means a lot. You should not be throwing off your back foot if you don’t have to. It’s simple. Step into your throws and you’ll be more accurate. He does it when he doesn’t have to. 

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

if you watched the games....    you woulda noticed that he doesnt deal with pressure well....

I saw a stat that said over the last 8 games of last year Darnold was in the top 3 under pressure. So yeah, that stat is a bunch of crap and cherry picked. The last half of last year when he was healthy is what matters - it shows major progress. Why some so called fans love to bash Sam instead of pump him up when he clearly made huge strides is pretty weak.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Dude, It means a lot. You should not be throwing off your back foot if you don’t have to. It’s simple. Step into your throws and you’ll be more accurate. He does it when he doesn’t have to. 

So he’s a bust & draft someone else? If that isn’t your opinion, then I don’t really see a reason to dig in on it. We already know that was an issue for him.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

again...64th? Seriously dude?

He’s not that good a QB so far. He consistently ranks about 25th overall. We just don’t want to face it so we make excuses. He’s inconsistent and has bad habits. He hasn’t played a full season in his life going back to high school except the season he took over at USC after 3 games. 

I really hope he proves me wrong obviously but as of today if we’re ranking QBs fairly and take out players around him, coaches, everything he is probably 20th at best 

6 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lmaoo im not even gonna kill him.. he is throwing passes to chris hogan for sakes. But it doesn’t sound good . 

you meanthe bum who once scorched Pitts for 180yds and 2td in the AFCCG?

the bum who had 6 catches for 128 yds and a TD in the super bowl?

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

That’s the Pennington argument. If he needs everything around him to be above average to succeed than he’s just a JAG isn’t he?

Except no one is saying that everything around him needs to be perfect.  

Id love for Sam to have the receivers Chad had on his team. Chrebet, Coles, Moss, etc?  Sign me up

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

So he’s a bust & draft someone else? If that isn’t your opinion, then I don’t really see a reason to dig in on it. We already know that was an issue for him.

Lol so it’s not okay to bring up bad habits our QB still has in year 3? Only focus on the good?
It’s okay to critique him guys. 

• Upvote 1

I think I'm gonna pull a Joe Douglas and punt on the season.  I am not sitting through multiple weeks of this garbage.  

Look, I like JD but I'm going to call him out here.  Unless you're "tanking" for a new HC and QB, there is no f*cking reason Sam should be throwing to Josh f*cking Malone and Chris Hogan as WR1 and WR2.  It's clear as day that he knows we're going to suck and he wants one of the Lawrence and co. trio to entice a new HC.  That's some shady garbage.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I saw a stat that said over the last 8 games of last year Darnold was in the top 3 under pressure. So yeah, that stat is a bunch of crap and cherry picked. The last half of last year when he was healthy is what matters - it shows major progress. Why some so called fans love to bash Sam instead of pump him up when he clearly made huge strides is pretty weak.

including ALL THE DATA is not cherry picking. you're a  clown. you say cherry pciked and then cherry pick 3 games and say THATS the onlyt part that counts. continue to pump the 25th rated QB all you want. All performances count.

4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

This isnt chris hogan in 2020.. oh and to save the drawn out back and forth.  This isnt a excuse for sam. I have already said this is sink or swim time. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

He’s not that good a QB so far. He consistently ranks about 25th overall. We just don’t want to face it so we make excuses. He’s inconsistent and has bad habits. He hasn’t played a full season in his life going back to high school except the season he took over at USC after 3 games. 

I really hope he proves me wrong obviously but as of today if we’re ranking QBs fairly and take out players around him, coaches, everything he is probably 20th at best 

64th!???????? Stop it. Idc how asss people think he is. 64? No.

4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

So youre now going to argue that he has talent around him with the WRs?

Is that youre argument?  Take another hit of that joint

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

It's clear as day that he knows we're going to suck and he wants one of the Lawrence and co. trio. to entice a new HC.  That's some shady garbage.

Idk about this one but yeah I’m with you about our WR situation. I know giving up good draft capital isn’t ever ideal but getting an actual NFL WR with it is just as good. He needed to make a trade for one before Training Camp even started. Like JD a lot. Really don’t like how he’s handling this.

• Upvote 3