Mehki Becton buys 400K necklace

GreekJet

23 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

As a retired guido from Long island, i'm offended by your anti-necklace comments. My community's heritage and traditions are NOT something to be mocked. 

Consider your posts REPORTED, punk. 

Scary words from the Imitation of The Situation! Lmfao!

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

I wish I could owe 45 million.  

Oddly enough, people who end up in the hole for tens of millions of dollars never seem to have to worry about where their next bacon and egg sandwich is coming from.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

As a retired guido from Long island, i'm offended by your anti-necklace comments. My community's heritage and traditions are NOT something to be mocked. 

Consider your posts REPORTED, punk. 

BTW me and some of my  Criminal Irish brethren are having a keg party next weekend.

You and your little Italian Guido friends are invited, we're having a midget toss and need some volunteers!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

For those that say diamonds hold value, check out the used engagement ring market. Diamonds have no actual value. Blame debeers

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

As soon as they started making flawless diamonds in a lab the diamond market was doomed. At first diamond companies tried making a big deal about a diamond being natural vs lab made but quality and ethics wiped that argument off the table as the diamond companies are selling the lab made ones now too.

• Upvote 2

He may very well be quite intelligent and possessing a good heart, but like many young fellows, he is lacking in wisdom.  In his case, he has more instant money to make a public fool of himself than most other recent college grads do. 

I just wish he would have gotten something a lot more fun like a matching numbers 69 Boss 429, 70 SS 454 Chevelle or Hemi Cuda :-)

Outside of industrial uses, diamonds are worthless.  

Anyone remember the "PET ROCK" from the late 1970's ???

With the right marketing you can get people to spend millions on worthless items like diamonds. 

• Upvote 3

This really makes me depress and makes his father look bad. The pandemic should have been a wake up call to all as nothing is guaranteed. Seasons being played in the future is highly probable but not guaranteed. Something extreme happening to him in the future (ala; domestic abuse allegations, civil suits, suspension, fines, arrest) should be factored in. He should have took up a Risk Management course at Louisville.

Look at Jason Tatum, who has saved every penny of his NBA contract with his spending expense coming from his small endorsement deal.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

3 hours ago, slats said:

This was my first thought. 

And this was my second. Not like gold and diamonds are going down in value any time soon. As dumb as it looks, it's smarter than buying a $400K car. 

Hell, I spent more money on a house for one of my least favorite women of all time, and I'll never have Becton money. 

Many collector cars only go up in value as they become more scarce.  

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

The dude just got an $11 million signing bonus.  He's guaranteed to get another $7.5 million over the next 4 years.  I think he'll be ok.

Don't be so sure.  Extravagant impulse purchases can add up *VERY* quickly.  If a person is inclined to spend $400,000  a whim for a flashy"ego" item, they may also part with a few million to a friend or relative that is going to make a fortune selling "no-cal pizza" or "glow in the dark wallpaper".  You can piss away $10,000.000 quicker than you can piss away $10.00

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Players don’t lose all their money because they buy jewelry.  Gold and diamonds will always hold high value. 

They lose their money because they give it all away to their friends and get scammed into investing big money into bad business ventures.  

Let the kid enjoy his cash a little. 

If he paid $400k, he can probably sell it for $150k.

• Upvote 2

i think it all speaks to the whole scene these guys live in and feel they need to live up to.  it's no mystery that many of these highly paid athletes go broke and mainly because of bad financial decisions.  but at the end of the day it's his money.  hopefully he'll play well enough to get a boatload more before he retires from the game.

2 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

BTW me and some of my  Criminal Irish brethren are having a keg party next weekend.

You and your little Italian Guido friends are invited, we're having a midget toss and need some volunteers!

You know those Italian Guido can’t stop touching their private parts. Do you really want them anywhere near the keg. Love going to Irish bars.  They come with hot girlfriends, than they get drunk and fight with themselves.  There girl friends are all alone, and you move in .( someone has to be the gentlemen to see them get home safely.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Don't be so sure.  Extravagant impulse purchases can add up *VERY* quickly.  If a person is inclined to spend $400,000  a whim for a flashy"ego" item, they may also part with a few million to a friend or relative that is going to make a fortune selling "no-cal pizza" or "glow in the dark wallpaper".  You can piss away $10,000.000 quicker than you can piss away $10.00

He didn't spend $400,000 on the necklace,  that was the "alleged" value. I'd be surprised if he spent half of that on it.  I know people who spent $500,000 on a house and now can't sell it for 60% of that.  Let's be honest,  if he spent $250K on a Mercedes AMG S65 Coupe nobody would bat an eye even though cars are terrible investments.  

Also I doubt this was an "impulse" buy. A necklace like that needs to be ordered months in advance. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, EM31 said:

Oddly enough, people who end up in the hole for tens of millions of dollars never seem to have to worry about where their next bacon and egg sandwich is coming from.

49 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Crack is a mind altering drug

Speaking of crack and eggs, have any of you tried these yet?  They're getting me through lockdown quite nicely.

SAR I