Mehki Becton buys 400K necklace

GreekJet

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Speaking of crack and eggs, have any of you tried these yet?  They're getting me through lockdown quite nicely.

SAR I

1) I'm intrigued by these, do they come frozen and then you microwave?

2) Am I really going to be the first to mention/post this? Hopefully Le'Veon will give him a talking to. 

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/07/heres-how-jets-leveon-bell-says-everything-got-handled-after-2-naked-girlfriends-stole-520k-worth-of-his-jewelry.html

8 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

1) I'm intrigued by these, do they come frozen and then you microwave?

They are sold refrigerated, not frozen.  You peel the lid back and inside is a plastic pouch with the meat and vegetables.  Take out the pouch, put the eggs in, empty the pouch contents in, stir, and throw it in the microwave.  Tastes very good.  I use two eggs instead of one, more filling that way.  If you roll with 1 egg, just put it on a bagel for a yummy sammy.

SAR I

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

He didn't spend $400,000 on the necklace,  that was the "alleged" value. I'd be surprised if he spent half of that on it.  I know people who spent $500,000 on a house and now can't sell it for 60% of that.  Let's be honest,  if he spent $250K on a Mercedes AMG S65 Coupe nobody would bat an eye even though cars are terrible investments.  

Also I doubt this was an "impulse" buy. A necklace like that needs to be ordered months in advance. 

A car is a useful tool.  A house is also an item you need.  You can't blame a homeowner for buying before 2007. Blame the brilliant president that decided to scrap Glass-Steagall.

IMHO, Expensive jewelry is foolish purchase for anyone that has or does not have a lot of money.  It sums up the ideals and values that drive a lot of people today.  Buy expensive things to impress people they don't care about and who care equally less about them. 

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

1) someone said it..." I don't get it." me too.

2) His money.

3) Joe Burrow did it too. ( i dont teh valuation)

https://twitter.com/FLEESPORTS/status/1298655455577694208?s=20

4) It IS better than buying a new car.

I absolutely agree with all of this.  It's not what I would do, then again I'm not a 21 year old who was just handed several million dollars.  If I was I likely would have splurged on something big too.

In fact, related to #4, I bought the GLD (gold ETF) in the market a few months ago.  I just don't wear it around my neck but it's completely true that a new car would decrease in value much quicker than precious metals.  So I got something in common with the Big Ticket....

excited seinfeld GIF

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I absolutely agree with all of this.  It's not what I would do, then again I'm not a 21 year old who was just handed several million dollars.  If I was I likely would have splurged on something big too.

In fact, related to #4, I bought the GLD (gold ETF) in the market a few months ago.  I just don't wear it around my neck but it's completely true that a new car would decrease in value much quicker than precious metals.  So I got something in common with the Big Ticket....

excited seinfeld GIF

fwiw, the top goal scorer on my favorite English futbol club, Arsenal does this...

no accounting for tastes and whatnot...

6f93e8ec3a6442eca086ed8304edb9ad_md.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Why should I care how he spends his money?

You're a Scotsman. You care. Speaking of Scots...

A Scotsman and Irishman walk into a bar...

As they walk in the Scotsman proclaims loudly for all to hear “Drinks for the house, on me!”

The next day in the newspaper the headlines reads ‘Irish ventriloquist found beaten to death”
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, predator_05 said:

As a retired guido from Long island, i'm offended by your anti-necklace comments. My community's heritage and traditions are NOT something to be mocked. 

Consider your posts REPORTED, punk. 

I'd like to hear what the road is like from "guido" to regular civilian.  What motivated you to retire and how did you go about it.

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

For those that say diamonds hold value, check out the used engagement ring market. Diamonds have no actual value. Blame debeers

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

Insurance Value and Retail Value have no correlation to Actual Value, which unless you are doing a private party sale is Scrap Value, plus a little bit if the setting is nice/interesting.

47 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

excited seinfeld GIF

There is no comparison between buying & selling paper gold and buying & selling gold jewelry.  

6 hours ago, choon328 said:

The purchase price was probably half of what the value actually is. The media exposure for the jeweler is worth way more than what that necklace is. Famous people get ridiculous deals on things of that nature as long as the sale is publicized. 

Here’s Becton’s chain being made in real time.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, DirtyJersey said:

There is no comparison between buying & selling paper gold and buying & selling gold jewelry.  

Correct, at least in relation to the intended purpose of such a purpose.  And certainly not when you stamp the chain with something like "Big Ticket," but my point was a simple one.  Let's not criticize him for buying something like that when an automobile or many other things would depreciate pretty damn quickly.  I had a friend who sold a small business in 2016, he used about 10% of the proceeds on a weekend long party in Las Vegas for 100 of his friends and family, all expenses paid.  It was his money so to each his own, but I'd call that more frivolous than what Mekhi did.

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Correct, at least in relation to the intended purpose of such a purpose.  And certainly not when you stamp the chain with something like "Big Ticket," but my point was a simple one.  Let's not criticize him for buying something like that when an automobile or many other things would depreciate pretty damn quickly.  I had a friend who sold a small business in 2016, he used about 10% of the proceeds on a weekend long party in Las Vegas for 100 of his friends and family, all expenses paid.  It was his money so to each his own, but I'd call that more frivolous than what Mekhi did.

Your friends party was enjoyed by 100 people who will remember it.  How many will enjoy a comical necklace ?

• Haha 1