Training Camp Tweets 9/1

kdels62

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

One play (Darnold interception) has about 4 different views from beat writers.  Makes me wonder who to believe.  Cimini makes it seem like it was a route mixup.  Others make it seem like it was just purely a bad play by Darnold,and others make it seem like it was purely just a great play by Davis. 

Elephant Whatever GIF by Sing Movie

Either way, the signs on Davis are very encouraging.

The truth is that they can’t evaluate what Darnold was thinking, only the routes they saw and the result

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

One play (Darnold interception) has about 4 different views from beat writers.  Makes me wonder who to believe.  Cimini makes it seem like it was a route mixup.  Others make it seem like it was just purely a bad play by Darnold,and others make it seem like it was purely just a great play by Davis. 

That's what you get when you have writers who never played the game and don't know a lot about it giving their opinions. The smart writer would just state the fact that Davis picked off Sam and then ask Gase (o Sam) at the presser what they thought happened there.

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Bang on, every practice the reports are very conflicting if it was a bad throw, bad judgment from Sam, wrong route from receiver. I'm far from his biggest fan but almost have to wait to hear what Gase says in post practice presser.

Either way, there are no reports of Sam having a lights out practice where a ball doesn't hit the ground. Best case big picture for the team is this is all to blame on the receivers, if Sam is truly the one missing all these throws and making bad decisions we are f'ed big time.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, msena88 said:

Bang on, every practice the reports are very conflicting if it was a bad throw, bad judgment from Sam, wrong route from receiver. I'm far from his biggest fan but almost have to wait to hear what Gase says in post practice presser.

Either way, there are no reports of Sam having a lights out practice where a ball doesn't hit the ground. Best case big picture for the team is this is all to blame on the receivers, if Sam is truly the one missing all these throws and making bad decisions we are f'ed big time.

I remember how positive the training camp reports were on Darnold/Jets Offense last Training Camp. 

None of it really matters. If you are going to throw picks this is the time to do it. 

Just now, GreekJet said:

I remember how positive the training camp reports were on Darnold/Jets Offense last Training Camp. 

None of it really matters. If you are going to throw picks this is the time to do it. 

I agree - although I think its much easier to go from looking good in camp to bad in the regular season than it is the other way around. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

It's not bad luck. Our training department was sh*tty before and then we promoted someone from within the same sh*tty training department to take over for the guy that was previously running said sh*tty training department.

Or we are dealing with a different generation of athlete who are less likely to play hurt.

28 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Have to guess it was a communication problem.  I’ll trust Cimini over some kid You have to expect this with the inexperienced WR situation 

• Upvote 1