Training Camp Tweets 9/1

kdels62

34 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

These injuries are just getting crazy now, and if I recall correctly Gase does have a track record with injuries.  He already changed the training staff, who's the next scapegoat?

I mean it’s on the players. Start fining them and injuries will start going away. I was sick of Adams too but he was right about the dog factor. You have to practice and play through “tightness” to win games. These guys barely practice anymore as it is. Hopefully Douglas can weed these guys out during the draft process but early returns seem similar.

• Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, bitonti said:

Jamal Adams was the model citizen until he realized this team has no interest in winning football games

He’s a pain in the neck but he was on the money with those comments. How many practices has McClendon missed? Oh right zero. It’s insanity that the teams toughest dudes are all back of the draft UDFA guys. McClendon, Burgess, Hewitt, Foley even Shepherd. Quinnen is getting outplayed by these guys. It’s a total failure in the draft process.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It’s insanity that the teams toughest dudes are all back of the draft UDFA guys. McClendon, Burgess, Hewitt, Foley even Shepherd. Quinnen is getting outplayed by these guys. It’s a total failure in the draft process.

Is it really insanity or does it make perfect sense?

If you're an UDFA or a late round guy you literally cannot afford to be injured. You're out of a job.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Is it really insanity or does it make perfect sense?

If you're an UDFA or a late round guy you literally cannot afford to be injured. You're out of a job.

Combo of both I guess. Jets haven’t had these guardrails in place during their draft process. Motivated by football has to factor in more than it has in recent history. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

Besides the initial “Sam is processing everything faster” comment...

Is it just me or has it been low key and really blah reporting on Darnold this summer?

Tough to be overly optimistic or pessimistic when you factor in who he has been throwing to this summer. He's not going to light up camp throwing to Jehu Chesson  and it's idiotic to be negative when Darnold isn't connecting with guys that will be bagging groceries in 2 weeks. 

4 minutes ago, Bronx said:

This season will be one of the least watchable and easily forgettable (forgivable?) ones for years to come.

You mean most watchable and most unforgettable? After all that we have all just been through?

Most of these guys are still kids, and for them it must be like walking on the moon for the first time. We are all experiencing this together.

I have a 17 year old son going into his senior year in high school, he's been working on getting a scholarship. Everything is completely flipped upside down and nobody knows what the hell's going to happen.

In an effort to continue following their dreams, a lot of tough decisions have to be made by these young men. They keep pushing forward, and I consider them extremely Brave.

It's worth watching for me, for you, for them and for all of us.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Besides the initial “Sam is processing everything faster” comment...

Is it just me or has it been low key and really blah reporting on Darnold this summer?

When his speed guys were there, there were more wow plays.  But take away both smiths, perriman and mims, and now he’s throwing to system wrs who lack real speed.  Also, from a defensive perspective, when you’re only covering crowder and hogan, we’re at the same point where darnold is going to be forcing throws.

Maybe its just random (which I do think is what happened with Poole) but lot of soft tissue issues along with multiple dehydration problems leads me to believe its something philosophically within the organization.

The team has been together for weeks, its 12 days until the season starts and you can't even go to a bar if you wanted to.  How is someone dehydrated on an 80 degree day at this point in training camp?

Seems impossible that a billion dollar organization could have issues like this but it sure seems odd to me.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Icer said:

Maye still being held out too, not great.

Derwin James season ended today. Choose.

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Pace and chunk plays are gonna be this teams key to success

This. Sam's gotta elevate his floor by eliminating the really bad games with multiple INTs , and THEN also make 2-3 more plays each game..the ones he left on teh field last year and acknowledged he needa be making. Gives us 4-5 more TDs a year and another 15-20 FDs.

3 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

That's what you get when you have writers who never played the game and don't know a lot about it giving their opinions. The smart writer would just state the fact that Davis picked off Sam and then ask Gase (o Sam) at the presser what they thought happened there.

Sabo has doen some film breakdowns and seems like he knows what he is looking at to a different level than the rest. 

What he said about Sam checking down alot but not doing it fast enough is something that makes my attenae stand at attention.

Its the processing, the fact dat he seems late too often that is a concern.

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

One impression I get from the last few weeks of reading tweets.  The Ashtyn Davis pick that a number of people here blasted for JD taking a Safety when we needed a WR looks pretty good right now. 

Yep.  The Douglas haters have moved on from ripping on the Davis pick and are now setting their sights on the Zuniga and Morgan picks.  

• Sympathy 1

Sabo-

"Darnold hit Chesson on a back-shoulder play during a two-minute drill that ended team sessions that helped set up a potential simulated game-winning field goal."

this makes me so happy...  yesterday back shoulder to Bell for TD...  EXACTLY the thrwos that we can get chunk plays to Mims and Perriman when they are here....  get the ball there on time so the WR gets the first read/first move...

3 hours ago, ljr said:

JD def was playing chess with that pick, getting ahead of the Jamal situation

I was def playing checkers in my $h*t no WR ... well at least has he played some CB search after the pick was made.

I don't think that pick had anything to do with Jamal.  We didn't have a centerfielder at Safety regardless of whether Adams was on the roster or not.  FS/CB hybrids are the way of the NFL these days, and Davis fit the bill for that.

If anything, that pick had to do with Marcus Maye.  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  The Douglas haters have moved on from ripping on the Davis pick and are now setting their sights on the Zuniga and Morgan picks.  

There are almost no douglas haters at all on this site.  Holding him to the same standards as we held other gms is totally fine.

This thought that if you question even one or two things about a guy you hate him is absurd and foolish.

Douglas has done much more right than wrong so far but in the end it all comes down to him hitting on his picks.

He's been good but far from perfect.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For sure. If you're looking at the first four picks Becton and Davis look like they have the potential to be home-runs. Mims and Zuniga.... Well, if they ever play we can report back then.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I mean it’s on the players. Start fining them and injuries will start going away. I was sick of Adams too but he was right about the dog factor. You have to practice and play through “tightness” to win games. These guys barely practice anymore as it is. Hopefully Douglas can weed these guys out during the draft process but early returns seem similar.

So the theory is play through muscle pulls.  Turn them into full blown muscle tears.  
They’re just wusses. 
LOL

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

He’s a pain in the neck but he was on the money with those comments. How many practices has McClendon missed? Oh right zero. It’s insanity that the teams toughest dudes are all back of the draft UDFA guys. McClendon, Burgess, Hewitt, Foley even Shepherd. Quinnen is getting outplayed by these guys. It’s a total failure in the draft process.

Jamal Adams once hit under a table during a fight at LSU.  He also is hardly a role model for toughness; by your standards, he skipped the Ravens' game for a BS injury.

STFU.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

There are almost no douglas haters at all on this site.  Holding him to the same standards as we held other gms is totally fine.

This thought that if you question even one or two things about a guy you hate him is absurd and foolish.

Douglas has done much more right than wrong so far but in the end it all comes down to him hitting on his picks.

He's been good but far from perfect.

I was being facetious by using the term "haters" there.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You Joe Judge types are lunatics.  Straight up.  You pine for the days of guys like Earl Campbell, when players got massively overworked for 4 years, fell out of the league, and then barely were able to walk after their playing days were done. 

Just pipe down already about player toughness, or lack thereof.  We get it.  You think they're soft.  No one cares.

Fines for refusing to play fast and loose with injuries.  lmao.

This is some A+ jocksniffing

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

No kidding, big burly, bulked up lineman don’t get muscle pulls.  Muscular, tight athletic players like DBs, WRs and RBs do.  
And where has it been written that anyone is outplaying QW?  

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This is some A+ jocksniffing

We post on a message board to talk about millionaire athletes who don't give a sh*t about us.  If I'm a jocksniffer, so are you.  

At least I'm not trying to be the toughest, most macho guy on the internet and demanding that players show up to practice.  The reality is that players play it safe with injuries.  Deal with it.  Or don't.  Either way no one cares.

• Haha 2