Looking to expand my LinkedIn connections

Maxman

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I don't even know what Linkedin is.  The few times I've seen profiles it appears to me a site where you post a profile that says 'Look at me I am awesome and here is why!"  Please give me a job....or a better job!"

I have a dummy account i use to stalk people. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Add two more zeroes to that and you still wouldn't even be the highest offer I turned down.  :)

You were offered over $100K for this forum and you didn't sell?! 

Whatever the opposite of a "sellout" is, you're that.  :)

Btw, is your wife aware that you turned down this money?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

I have posted this before so sorry to those that are hearing it again.

This was in reference to Scout. Now I never signed the NDA, so I technically didn't get the offer. But everything they did led me to believe this was going to be a low six-figure offer. 

• They offered to fly people out to meet me 
  • Instead we met at Rockefeller Center and they were very happy with our traffic #s

But I didn't sign the NDA because I know it was a train wreck after one meeting. 40 plus marketing people on the team, 2 or 3 people working in I.T. that included servers and the developers updating the forum software. Once they told me they wouldn't convert old posts I knew it wasn't anything we would be a part of.

My wife was sick at the time (battling cancer and is all better now) but sitting there just gave me proof that JetNation wasn't about the money.  That being said, my wife knew but I never really let on how much I thought the offer would be.

If they offered $20,000 her vote would have been to sell sell sell.  :)

I'm quite certain I've asked you about this at least once before (and probably a couple of times) but the story continues to fascinate me.

And if you ever do decide to sell, you should drag the whole thing out and make it into a YouTube mini-series.  Ideally it would be narrated by Liev Schrieber but, realistically, we're probably talking Greenbean or T0mShane.

In any case, you have to promise to make the last episode similar to LeBron's "The Decision".  Just keep in mind that this is a Jets' forum so make sure that the person you're selling it to is contractually not allowed to take the fruits of your talent to South Beach.

• Haha 1