Looking to expand my LinkedIn connections

Maxman

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

I have posted this before so sorry to those that are hearing it again.

This was in reference to Scout. Now I never signed the NDA, so I technically didn't get the offer. But everything they did led me to believe this was going to be a low six-figure offer. 

• They offered to fly people out to meet me 
  • Instead we met at Rockefeller Center and they were very happy with our traffic #s

But I didn't sign the NDA because I know it was a train wreck after one meeting. 40 plus marketing people on the team, 2 or 3 people working in I.T. that included servers and the developers updating the forum software. Once they told me they wouldn't convert old posts I knew it wasn't anything we would be a part of.

My wife was sick at the time (battling cancer and is all better now) but sitting there just gave me proof that JetNation wasn't about the money.  That being said, my wife knew but I never really let on how much I thought the offer would be.

If they offered $20,000 her vote would have been to sell sell sell.  :)

Maybe we should go with the Green Bay Packers model and be a fan-owned site.  You can sell shares to everyone so they can all profit from the glorious output of @T0mShane.  I've never banned a shareholder before.  Ought to be fun!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

Impressive profile. I'd suggest adding under your JetNation section how you Daniel Day Lewis'd Jets Insider. Shows your strength and ambition

That is too funny.

34 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Before or after the 1?

All of the zeroes were to the right of the decimal point. That is the good spot, right?

• Haha 2

• 6 months later...
8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Thanks John.  Nice to meet you and it is always good to be connected to more Jets fans. I appreciate it.

The pleasure is mine. I don't post often but I've enjoyed the content on this site for many years. Thank you for what you do.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, John Blaze said:

The pleasure is mine. I don't post often but I've enjoyed the content on this site for many years. Thank you for what you do.

That is awesome, I appreciate that.

Hopefully Douglas and Saleh have a season, a bunch of seasons, in store for us that makes everyone start lurking and start posting more.  :)  We all certainly deserve it.

• Upvote 1

On 9/1/2020 at 9:49 PM, Aaron Hernandez said:

Impressive profile. I'd suggest adding under your JetNation section how you Daniel Day Lewis'd Jets Insider. Shows your strength and ambition

I would add that but it doesn't really play well in corporate circles.  :)

• Haha 1